Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Now that sex and gender are different, should we change their descriptive words to distinguish them?
Yes 2 6.25%
Unsure 3 9.38%
No 27 84.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 07:49 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times

Advertisements

She is another pathetic example of a society in decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 11:26 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
hard to believe the comPost lets megan mcardle write for them. she makes way too much sense for their leftoid readership.

Quote:
In even tones, Bridges replied that while many cisgender women have the capacity for pregnancy, many don’t, while some trans men and nonbinary people do. But after a little back-and-forth, she gave up. “So, I want to recognize that your line of questioning is transphobic,” she said with an exasperated laugh, “and it opens up trans people to violence.”

The whole thing quickly became a Rorschach test. Many progressives cheered to see Professor Bridges school a reactionary Republican. But conservatives also cheered, because they see a gift to Republican election campaigns.

Unlike a Rorschach test, however, this one has a right answer, and the progressives have it wrong. Moreover, the fact that they can’t see just how badly this exchange went for their side shows what a big mistake it was to let academia and media institutions turn into left-wing monocultures.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What blows my mind is that she is a professor. She needs to be fired. She is wacko.
Do you know the difference between the far left and everyone else?. If it is a conservative or even center in politics person the far left actively DO try to get them fired and banned off campus as well as gather a mob on social media to attack them.

Conservatives and everyone else just stay passive about it all. And if a conservative or whoever does call them out they get defensive and say the racists and haters are after them.

That is how the far left have gotten a beach hold, and is why they have been winning so far.

Do conservatives and in the center political people go out in the middle of the night and stand in front of a leftist's home and protest with a bull horn?, no because most people think there are better ways to do than that, but leftists do all the time, they go to a person's home and shout, find where they are eating in public and harass because frankly wrong way or right way they are more committed to their cause.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I guarantee you if you are in her classroom and dare oppose her she will shut you down and have her indoctrinated students run you off campus. They will ban you off campus for "promoting violence" because that is their excuse to shut down any opposing view. They think any challenge to them is promoting violence , they live in a bubble and they don't want it popped.
A extension of what we are seeing quote this teacher to her students "if you don't believe in climate change get the hell out"

No tolerance for debate or discussion from her, no facts represented by her to back up her belief, just " you better or else" attitude,

The indoctrinated teachers are now the indoctrinators and as you have seen they believe they have full right over your kid and you as a parent have no say so.

This is their method with CRT, with transgender, with COVID, with the border, with race and so on. They believe they should teach youth what to think not how to think for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u7U7KAU0Y4

Old 07-15-2022, 09:42 PM

3,649 posts, read 1,604,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
And the only people who can get pregnant are women.
At the moment, but I read somewhere they are working on an artificial womb? Or maybe even a womb transplant? If a biological man has an artificial or transplanted womb, and then gets pregnant...

I would say he's still not a woman. The correct description for such a man might be child-bearing-trans-man.

The reason I would call a man with a transplanted womb a 'child-bearing-trans-man' is because a male child born from his womb would never have a womb.

Old 07-16-2022, 08:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
At the moment, but I read somewhere they are working on an artificial womb? Or maybe even a womb transplant? If a biological man has an artificial or transplanted womb, and then gets pregnant...

I would say he's still not a woman. The correct description for such a man might be child-bearing-trans-man.

The reason I would call a man with a transplanted womb a 'child-bearing-trans-man' is because a male child born from his womb would never have a womb.
It would be really unethical to implant a womb in a man just so he could selfishly experience pregnancy. It would create an extremely risky pregnancy for the baby. The amount of drugs that would have to be pumped into that man to sustain that pregnancy which would end in a c-section because there would be no way for him to birth a baby is insane. It’s cruel and would violate the Hippocratic oath for any doctor to go along with something like this.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:16 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,604,549 times
I will make a prediction that the term "woman" will next be demonized by the far feminist left. Why? It has 'man' in it. It implies that a man came first. "Female" will have to be replaced too.

Woman = womb+man?

The above implies a woman is a man with a womb, even if designed naturally by nature.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:32 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I will make a prediction that the term "woman" will next be demonized by the far feminist left. Why? It has 'man' in it. It implies that a man came first. "Female" will have to be replaced too.

Woman = womb+man?

The above implies a woman is a man with a womb, even if designed naturally by nature.
Doubtful considering feminists are fighting to keep the word women alive and not give it up in favor of ridiculous language such as, birthing persons, bleeders, chestfeeders, bodies with vaginas etc.

Old 07-17-2022, 11:43 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
It certainly is. The tactic is to define things into existence.

For her to pull the transphobic card right out of the gate, after the first simple question, shows the strategy of trying to define the questioner as the 'bad' guy. It's a silly term to throw around. Phobic. He wasn't afraid of Trans. He just doesn't agree with the attempt to redefine things.

A man cannot get pregnant.
A Trans man can,...sure,..because they were a Woman,..lol.

Why the push to call trans men , Men? They are "Trans men". Use that term. She certainly does.
Why does virtually all media (including hosts on Fox) refer to tranny men with female pronouns?
It happens even when they are being critical of them competing against girls/women in sports.

As to the woman that Hawley was questioning, this short interview with him on Hannity is worth watching;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v42rLxB4r4

Old 07-19-2022, 02:42 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Why does virtually all media (including hosts on Fox) refer to tranny men with female pronouns?
It happens even when they are being critical of them competing against girls/women in sports.

As to the woman that Hawley was questioning, this short interview with him on Hannity is worth watching;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v42rLxB4r4
Excellent question.

I have recently started trying to avoid using pronouns at all for TGs. If I'm referring to Lia Thomas, for example, I will just say (or type) Thomas (not even Lia). That way no wokies can get angry with me for using "he," and I can live with myself knowing I'm not contributing to the lie.

I wish every sane person would do this, in media and IRL.

Edited to add:
I don't really care if wokies get mad at me, but I try to stay on topic without them accusing me of being a bigot just for using the "wrong" pronoun. I want to keep the upper hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies