Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 08:28 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
The thing that amazes me is that someone -- or, more likely, several someones -- had to have participated in boxing up those documents for transport to Mar-a-lago. If found guilty of violating the Espionage Act, Trump may not go to Leavenworth, but others probably will. I hope they're lawyering up.
You know Trump is going to claim he hardly knows these people who moved the documents and never told them to move them. Whoever has to be thrown under the bus will be.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:28 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why didn't Trump "lock her up" when he had the chance? You can't blame that on the dems.
Because she is hillary, I wish he would have. I never believed it anyway.....

Although If I'd done the same thing, I'd be in jail or at the very least no longer have a job that requires a SC.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:29 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
From your article: "that allowed him to take sensitive materials to the White House residence at night to keep working."

I know Trump declared Mar-A-Largo the Winter White House but you know that wasn't real, right? Oh, and by the way, he isn't the president any more. What's he "working" on with these documents now? Documents that, by the way, he has no right to possess.
The only precedent in modern history was when Dwight D Eisenhower was writing his memoirs in the early 1960s. He wanted to go back and review some notes that he had written himself during his years as President. Permission was granted, but he was forced to be handcuffed to someone with clearance to see those documents as he reviewed them.

Contrast this to Trump who waltzed out of office with many boxes of classified documents in his possession and didn't blink an eye. How far we have fallen.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
On Russian television they are mocking Americans, saying that Putin has already seen everything Trump had so this action by the DOJ is a case of too little too late. I don't trust Russian television any more than I trust Fox News but you have to wonder...
The entire world is mocking the United States, all because your boy and "anyone but trump" our current president.....

I hope you're not just now figuring that out.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:32 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You know Trump is going to claim he hardly knows these people who moved the documents and never told them to move them. Whoever has to be thrown under the bus will be.
Yes, absolutely, and there won't be any pardons coming their way. Both my father and husband have held TS clearances. The rules are iron-clad and violating them carries serious consequences. Those people will regret being Trump's patsies just as those who have gone before them.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:33 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
There was no lock on the door until the FBI told him to put one on.
Incorrect. The FBI asked them to put an additional lock on it, which Trump (or someone acting on his behalf) did. That's approval of the storage of the documents. Had they NOT approved, they could have confiscated anything while they were there in June, just like a law enforcement agency can take any evidence they find in your home without a warrant if you let them in.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:35 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Maybe they did and Trump said no. Hence the search warrant on Monday.
It doesn't matter if he said no. Like I already said... they could have confiscated anything while they were there in June, just like a law enforcement agency can take any evidence they find in your home without a warrant if you let them in. They did not. That's approval, on their part.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:36 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
NARA/FBI asked him to add an extra lock where they were stored. That tells me that NARA/FBI approved the storage of those documents there. That's going to be a tough fact to get around.
NARA is not the FBI. The FBI asking for a precautionary measure while they sought additional instruction does not equate to NARA approving the storage.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Yes, absolutely, and there won't be any pardons coming their way. Both my father and husband have held TS clearances. The rules are iron-clad and violating them carries serious consequences. Those people will regret being Trump's patsies just as those who have gone before them.
You typed that with a straight face? Really, they maybe for myself, your father, and husband, but it's clear there are differences, ask hillary.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:42 AM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
That was the lock the FBI told trump to put on the door for security until they could retrieve the documents.
He should have given them a key, and they wouldn't have had to break it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies