Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 10:07 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times

Advertisements

And nobody riots when a white guy gets shot by the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 10:08 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, there are other reasons that Cho was not as heavily reported on, but the Gabby thing was over the top. If she was fat and unattractive, for example, do you think she would have gotten the same media frenzy? I don't.
No question that these all increase attention:
1) Good looking
2) clear villian identified, especially shady actions to stir up anger
3) "bread crumbs" like how the police had ran across petito or if they have video footage as opposed to *poof* disappeared. Hard to keep reporting on nothing.
4) villain and family are *attackable* without upsetting people that then claim racism etc.

That being said Britney Griner is getting a lot of attention and prior to this, sad to say it but a lot of people had zero idea who she was.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:13 AM

1,224 posts, read 520,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Not at all surprising. Pretty young blonde girls are the "chosen ones" in America. All men of all races want one.
No lies told,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuudcpW-MY

Old 08-23-2022, 10:21 AM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times
I agree, they get more coverage. I mean we gotta call a spade a spade here and yes the media is biased with coverage of “pretty white girl” but ask yourself does it really matter? Does it bring her back? Did she suffer less of a fate because her picture is plastered all over the media and then every new story? The outcome is still the same. A sad loss of life.

It always kind of baffled me this insatiable attraction to blonde women. Blonde women don’t tend to age as well as more olive skinned women found around the world. But for whatever reason when they’re young, every man wants one. Lol

Reality is, any young person being a victim of a random crime of this nature is sad. What kind of media coverage they get, didn’t matter at the time they were being tortured, raped or murdered. It’s all the sad same in the end.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:35 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Yeah, "pretty young blonde White girl missing" is the headline grabber. And this from the same media that howls so loudly about minority under representation. The media are verminous scavengers. This particular incident happened quite close to me. Prosser res is only about a half hour away. Used to hang out in that area a lot when I was in my 20s and lived just outside of Reno.

Folks hereabouts get pretty stirred up when a murder like this happens close. A story like this will always headline before the Hispanic or Black girl who gets shot in a driveby down on Sutro and Montello. Which does stir me up a bit considering how the media is always finding RACISM hiding in every quarter but their own.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Blame leftists and their control of the mainstream media. Racism is the order of the day for the left.
This focus on blond girls who go missing (or are killed under very suspicious circumstances) goes way back to JonBenet Ramsey. I don't think you can blame the left.

You can "blame" the public if you want, for our intense, passionate interest in those cases.

The media doesn't create this frenzy. The public does.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This focus on blond girls who go missing (or are killed under very suspicious circumstances) goes way back to JonBenet Ramsey. I don't think you can blame the left.

You can "blame" the public if you want, for our intense, passionate interest in those cases.

The media doesn't create this frenzy. The public does.
Of course it does.

Without the media no one would know about it.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:17 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
It’s just seem liked that is when there is a lot of coverage

https://people.com/crime/kiely-rodni...nown-location/
Well, the media has a blackout on all the brown trafficking victims at the border so as to not make the democrat party look bad.

Take it up with them.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:17 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times
No.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:34 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I haven't really been paying attention to missing girls races, but it seems to me that most of the "amber alerts" issued over the past years in my area have been Hispanic girls. At least those are the ones I recall. Guess I have a thing for Hispanic women, huh?
Only you know the answer to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies