Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 11:40 AM

13,465 posts, read 4,301,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, but the fact that she filed this lawsuit tells me she has evidence. You can read her filing if you'd like. Or not.

LMAO!!! So a civil indictment means she has evidence of guilt? About 97% of civil cases are settled or dismissed without a trial. That's why her accusations are b.s. and she couldn't do criminal charges because she has no case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 11:40 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtsong View Post
No, the rule of law was long gone. You forgot about the Russia hoax the DNC used colluding with the FBI? Spare me your sanctimony because we know exactly what is going on with these Soviet tactics.
None of what you mention was brought into the legal system and filed with the court. This is a different ball game now.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It seeks to recover more than $250 million in what James’s office says are ill-gotten gains received through the alleged deceptive practices. While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James (D) said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eb71930b689f2a
I would expect that to come later for sure.

I wonder what Trump amount wanted to settle with her for this past week?

Old 09-21-2022, 11:41 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Anyone who has applied for a home equity loan has been asked for their SEV off their property tax statement. The bank then multiplies that by 2.5 to get an estimate of the value of the home. That teaches everyone and should teach Leticia that taxable value is never equal to asset value.

A bank will not take a barrower's word as to the value of assets; they will send their appraiser to evaluate the property. Same with property taxes. The jurisdiction assessing the tax will send their assessor to evaluate the property.

The reason this hack went for civil lawsuit because the burden of proof is way lower and this is political. She will lose the case.
Appraisals in tax statements vary considerably by jurisdiction, depending on what formula is used to determine the tax. I have lived in places where the tax appraisal was very close to sales value. Some places use the most recent sale price as the tax appraisal.

Anyway, Trump's problem is the value he used when appealing his taxes was quite different from the value he used when applying for a loan on that same property. That is the fraud.

Last edited by ansible90; 09-21-2022 at 11:53 AM..

Old 09-21-2022, 11:42 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
I wish Trump can sue these wicked Democrats for harassment and persecution. I would love to see him win.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:42 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
AG Tiddy James is literally about as bright as Eric Holder.

She's definitely one of the reasons that NY's population is slowly shrinking....

Old 09-21-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO!!! So a civil indictment means she has evidence of guilt? About 97% of civil cases are settled or dismissed without a trial. That's why her accusations are b.s. and she couldn't do criminal charges because she has no case.
Yes, she has evidence. Trump tried to settle with her this past week and she said no. But whatever helps you. Meanwhile, we all just have to wait and see what happens. This will take a long time.

1,812 posts, read 2,226,028 times
You all do realize this is directly related to the criminal charges against Trump's CFO, Allen Weisselberg, who has already pled GUILTY.

Trump is in deep trouble here, just like he was with his "foundation" that he was forced to close for "rampant criminal activity", his businesses and inaugural committee that were fined $750k for fraud and self dealing and his "University" that he was forced to close and a pay a $25 million settlement for fraud.

Last edited by swake; 09-21-2022 at 12:12 PM..

30,174 posts, read 11,815,563 times
NY needs to just needs to stop with these endless Trump investigations. But I am sure it plays well in NYC. Most dems are fine with it. Trump should have moved his entire operation to Florida years ago.

13,465 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I would expect that to come later for sure.

I wonder what Trump amount wanted to settle with her for this past week?

Is that how it works, a civil and then criminal. Why can't she do criminal? She has NO case. About 97 percent of civil cases are settled or dismissed without a trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies