Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2022, 12:23 PM

22,145 posts, read 9,711,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
IDK. Most women realize when they marry, and especially if they have children, not only will she be responsible for bringing in the bacon, but cooking it too, then feeding the kids, cleaning up, etc., etc. Who wants that life. Most people want a mate, someone to share the burden and build a easier better life together.
Perhaps when men actually take on the role that broke women did in marriage (housewife/homemaker/step and fetch it) to the extent they did, where her role is only to provide financially, and he takes care of everything else, then women will be ok with marrying a broke man because he is hot.
Hot fades quickly.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A friend worked her way up from teller to bank VP. As a single woman bank VP she could not get a mortgage unless a man co signed the note.

I have no problem with what men or women decide to do with their lives.

If or when they have kids, somebody needs to take care of them 24/7/365. Leaving them in a daycare where the staff makes 9 bucks an hour with a required 40 hours of training is not my idea of adequate care.

When was this? 1972? Please.

I was able to get a mortgage on my own with a down payment of $0, and an income of $24,000 on a $93,000 house. In retrospect, they shouldn't have made the loan to me because I was stretched. I rented out the house and managed to make it work. That's complete BS about women not being able to get a mortgage without a man. I bought mine in 1993. No man involved.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:32 PM

4,922 posts, read 3,385,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It wasn't that long ago that the Chinese didn't want their daughters that were born which was an absolutely idiotic policy because having an excess of males is destructive to a society but nonetheless yes a lot of this has gone on through our history.

Imagine wholesale killing your newborns because of the gender they were born what kind of society would do that? Human beings with idiotic leadership that's what.
Infanticide is not uncommon amongst other animal species:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ind-180953318/

https://www.bbcearth.com/news/the-an...kill-for-power

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 09-23-2022 at 12:40 PM..

Old 09-23-2022, 12:37 PM

29,867 posts, read 14,901,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I disagree with this.

A) Men identify themselves by what they do for a living. It's just a conversation starter. It also tells you whether they are educated, blue collar, white collar, etc. I, as a college educated woman, would have had difficulty marrying or dating someone who had not been to college. It's not to say I wouldn't have. I did date a few guys who had not been to college over the years.

B) I dated guys who had not two nickels to rub together. One was a man-child who was never going to grow up fully. My future with him was being the primary breadwinner and raising the kids, running the household, etc. and divorce shuffling kids back and forth. It was as clear as day. The other was not educated but worked assembling something for a photographer. He was a hard worker but had an anger issues that I couldn't live with.

So I didn't stop seeing them because they didn't make money.

But I began to associate the fact that a certain level of success came from being responsible. And since I was dating well into my 30's, it was easy to see the outcomes of not being educated and not growing up.

NO ONE, when asked "Are you a good person" is going to say no. That's laughable. A better question to ask, especially if you are older and dating (and this goes for both sexes) is why did you get a divorce? If they put 100% of the blame on their ex, run.

I usually agree with you about most things but I don't agree with you on this.
Interesting. I do agree, dating as we get older did get tough, and tiring. I didn't marry until I was 40. And I definitely wouldn't make your cut. No degree, raced cars, boats, rode ATV's and snowmobiles, and loved to party and recklessly spend money. I did date a few women such as yourself, and yeah, not worth my time. Not saying you're a bad person, but they were.
That being said, I was an accomplished design engineer making well into the 6 figures, owned a house, and was completely self sufficient. Could cook, clean, do laundry, iron laundry...etc.

When I met my, now wife (married 13 years, together 16), she was a single divorced mom (was 100% his fault), that was barely staying afloat. None of that matter to me. It was the best decision I ever made, and we are happily married, have a beautiful home and cottage and financially are solid.
Funny thing now though. She makes more than me, and since I work from home full time, I do the shopping, laundry , and cook dinners.

We both took chances. Her with an uneducated man child, and me with a uneducated single mom. We worked at it and built a great family.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:06 PM

18,521 posts, read 15,354,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting. What is wrong with a stay at home parent ? And what does how much one of the individuals make have anything to do with it ? If that is the case, no wonder we are seeing so many failed marriages.
To me? Nothing is wrong with it at all. I would be a very happy man if my wife made more money than I did.

To many women and men? There is a lot wrong with it. Unfortunately, that is the society we live in. This is new information to you?

Old 09-23-2022, 01:11 PM

29,867 posts, read 14,901,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
To me? Nothing is wrong with it at all. I would be a very happy man if my wife made more money than I did.

To many women and men? There is a lot wrong with it. Unfortunately, that is the society we live in. This is new information to you?
I have to admit, it isn't bad.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
So you miss the good old days, when women were only valued for their looks? And men were free to be arseholes because women were dependent on them?

I miss the good old days when people could read and comprehend.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:24 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,963,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

She would probably leave you if she made more money than you. Would that make you happy?

Old 09-23-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
My last relationship was a FWB arrangement. NEVER AGAIN.
Could I ask, male or female?

Old 09-23-2022, 01:39 PM

18,521 posts, read 15,354,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
She would probably leave you if she made more money than you. Would that make you happy?
My wife would be wealthy even if she divorced me today, and she hasn't left me yet. I feel very secure in my marriage.

Some people actually DO love each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies