Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 01:03 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,459,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
apparently I can't rep you again, but all very good points. Then I kept reading down the page and found another good post after another good post.

All it really takes is to be passive. For all the progress we've made as a species most women still expect the man to lead and even liberal women are attracted to men more dominant than they are. Regardless of all their feminist talk you can't undo a million years of evolution. The other major point is lack of social skills, being able to build chemistry by being playful is perhaps the skill some men lack the most. They are too serious, because they did not have a group of friends who talked bleep to one another and things of that sort when they were kids. Think the movie "Stand by me" ... just having coming of age adventures of that sort goes a long way towards making a man a man, as opposed to a sheltered helicopter upbringing where the kid is in front of a screen.

Most men think it comes down to looks and money. Looks can get her in the bedroom, but your personality is what gets her to stay, bottom line. If it was an RPG game with stats it would look something like this... money 10 point scale, looks 10 point scale, Personality 25 point scale, so personality is double weighted, if not triple weighted. Looks and money account for very little in the end, unless you get her from a less developed nation where they are still living in survival mode. You can buy her loyalty and companionship, but cannot buy genuine affection and chemistry, which comes from being interesting, playful, and confident.
Women are the dominant sex now, they have no need or want for male "dominance." What they want is essentially a "man-wife," or a "gay bestie," but straight.

We live in a clown world matrix, where everything is warped and inverted, and women's mate choices reflect that.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't know what it is that you are seeing, but I am seeing successful men and women marrying each other constantly. I'm mostly around successful people so that is who I see every day. I cant speak for what is going on in other socioeconomic communities, but you are delving into my world now. Let's pretend there aren't a lot of other things besides success and money for a minute, $2M a year together, still goes a lot farther the $1M a year each, separately. That still makes pairing up a lot more attractive than going it alone. Just from a financial standpoint.

I really don't know a whole lot of high earning professional guys that are struggling to get a date. And as I said in another post, older, heavier, married me gets a lot more female attention than younger, good looking, trim me got. Your theory is the exact opposite of what I am seeing in real life.
You're older, heavier, and married- women see you as "safe," that is why you are getting more attention from them.

Above all else, women need to feel safe and comfortable with men to develop an attraction.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:13 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
You're older, heavier, and married- women see you as "safe," that is why you are getting more attention from them.
They usually don't know I'm married when they are flirting with me. But I have a certain look, or so people tell me.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:20 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:

Most men think it comes down to looks and money. Looks can get her in the bedroom, but your personality is what gets her to stay, bottom line. If it was an RPG game with stats it would look something like this... money 10 point scale, looks 10 point scale, Personality 25 point scale, so personality is double weighted, if not triple weighted. Looks and money account for very little in the end, unless you get her from a less developed nation where they are still living in survival mode. You can buy her loyalty and companionship, but cannot buy genuine affection and chemistry, which comes from being interesting, playful, and confident.
Money can buy personality though. Take a regular guy and let him spend the next 10 years traveling around the world staying in the worlds best hotels, in the worlds best cities, eating the food made by the worlds best chefs, drinking the worlds best wines, meeting famous musicians, diplomats, movie stars, and businessmen at parties, going to concerts, seeing the most famous pieces of art the world has to offer, etc, etc, etc.

His personality is going to be a lot different at the end of this 10 years than it was at the beginning. At the very least, he is going to have a lot more interesting stories to tell a companion than Joe the plumber.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:24 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Do women really want "well off, successful men?" That is not what I'm seeing. It seems to me that women do not want rich, successful, etc men. Women do not want a man's money and status, they want their own money and status.
I agree with this to a certain degree.

Personally, I have never found men with money to be attractive, I found successful men who are smart to be very attractive.

When my grandpa was still alive, he still got a lot of attention from women in their 20s, well, when he drove his BMW Z8. I love my grandpa, but he was just delusional to think women in their 20s were after his 70 year old ass. Not happening.

Some here will never understand, many women and men don't view money as the most important thing. To me personally, I already have enough to cover the rest of my life, I really am not going to be extra ambitious to make more. So when I was single, i gave my attention to fit, tall, men with swimmer's body. well, attraction has to start somewhere.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:28 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
All good points raised by Teggerung and Anesthesia. I would argue that if women are marrying "man-wives" they are getting action outside the marriage by a dominant male though. Women are not primally turned on by submissive men. Dominant males who "blow their backs out" are more addicting to them than heroin. Women in their 20's certainly aren't settling for "man-wives" .. maybe when they are 35, after their partner count has reached triple digits.

Where I work here in flyover country most of the men are taken by someone, but they are also rather dominant, playful, old school type men who aren't pushovers and know how to have a good time. The ones who are too serious, who say "yes dear" are the ones who always look the most miserable at work. You can judge the happiness level of a man where I work by how playful and confident they are. There's a matrix of "playful versus serious" where if you get too serious, too whiny, too needy, too controlling, or too submissive as a man, you are doomed to not have a happy relationship.

That said, I've exceeded my allowed time on here by 35 minutes now. Time to go.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:34 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

Above all else, women need to feel safe and comfortable with men to develop an attraction.
Hard to say.

For example, I see Sean Connery as an older, heavier man. But there is something about him is quite sexy. I can see why some women find older men attractive and it is not just physical attraction. Sex appeal is something like a sense of humor, either you have it, or you don't. Hard to explain.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:39 PM

Quote:
All good points raised by Teggerung and Anesthesia. I would argue that if women are marrying "man-wives" they are getting action outside the marriage by a dominant male though. Women are not primally turned on by submissive men. Dominant males who "blow their backs out" are more addicting to them than heroin. Women in their 20's certainly aren't settling for "man-wives" .. maybe when they are 35, after their partner count has reached triple digits.

Where I work here in flyover country most of the men are taken by someone, but they are also rather dominant, playful, old school type men who aren't pushovers and know how to have a good time. The ones who are too serious, who say "yes dear" are the ones who always look the most miserable at work. You can judge the happiness level of a man where I work by how playful and confident they are. There's a matrix of "playful versus serious" where if you get too serious, too whiny, too needy, too controlling, or too submissive as a man, you are doomed to not have a happy relationship.
Who are all the young women fawning over? Is it Brock Lesnar and the 'Man Mountain' from the Game of Thrones? Or is it the soft-looking, pretty boy pop stars and Tik-Tok influencers?

Old 09-24-2022, 01:40 PM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm not living in the past. But the behavior of some people taught me just how mean humans can be. That's a lesson I will never forget. And shouldn't.

I come every day to politics and other controversies as a reminder. Some among us here would go back to Jim Crow in NY minute.

Being in the middle of a miscarriage and needing treatment before you lose too much blood and having to wait for another physician to say, I concur might mark one forever. Going back in time? We are there in my state.
There is plenty of bad human behavior other than not agreeing with killing babies at 30 weeks. Personally, I think mutilating the bodies of teens is pretty disgusting. Or letting millions of drug traffickers and sex traffickers in via the southern border.

I used to believe all this feminist, man hating hype. Now I see it's just a way to manipulate people.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:46 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Men aren't getting college degrees
College educated women aren't marrying men without degrees
Men aren't having sex

Crisis, no.
Sounds a lot like MGTOW mantra of blaming women for their own inadequacies.
Not being in first place in everything by default, as men have been historically, is not a crisis.
Equal opportunity not forced equal outcomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies