Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 10:45 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I think it boils down to men having to change the way they view mating strategy. I was raised to be a gentleman. Ask a woman to dance. Dates. Gifts for Christmas, bday, valentine's. Flowers. Try that stuff now and see what happens. You will be laughed at on Tik tok. Men have to realize that women will select the men they want and it ain't 9-5 nice traditional guys. So stop trying to provide a lifestyle and trinkets that women can provide for themselves.
Why would your date be on Tiktok for hoards of random strangers to see?
Maybe change your life strategy to live in the here and now and not via Tiktok or Facebook or Instagram, etc. etc. Ditch the social media.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) The reason men are expendable is because one man can impregnate an unlimited number of women at any given time. While women can only carry one man's baby at a time. If we woke up tomorrow and 99% of men disappeared, the population would completely recover in a single generation. If we woke up tomorrow and 99% of the women disappeared, the population would decline 99% in a single generation.

That is the reason men fight the wars. You can lose half the men in a war and society can move along like nothing happened. If you lose half your women in a war, your civilization collapses. Which is why there is far more diversity in the X-chromosome than the Y-Chromosome. Historically, the percentage of women who reproduced was nearly twice the percentage of men who reproduced.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...uman-gene-pool

Think of cattle. There are a hundred cows for every bull. The females are infinitely more valuable than the males because they make more cows.

2) Men and women have evolved in completely different ways. Men essentially evolved as hunters, and women as gatherers. A woman's life was primarily centered around her family(which is why women are better are understanding the emotions of others). While men spent far more time away from home in groups with other men. That is also the reason why male interpersonal dynamics(IE friendships) are not the same as females.

For most of human history we lived in small groups(tribes) of extended-families. It was the older women who acted as matchmakers and organized the rearing of children and the household. Whoever is in control of reproduction is in control of the group.

We have had both matriarchal and patriarchal societies. Patriarchal societies exist where male labor is far more valuable than female labor. Matriarchal societies exist where female labor is equal to male labor. All "equal societies" are matriarchal because women control reproduction. Equality will always and inevitably tilt the scales in favor of women.

3) The value of men vs women has fluctuated dramatically over history. In more primitive societies, women were always more valuable. Which is why men would have to pay the family of the bride to marry her(bride price), and why conquering tribes would invariably kill off all the men and keep the women.

From the Middle-Ages until basically WWII, there was a long stretch of relative social-stability where land-ownership was essentially the only wealth. This made it very important to keep the land(wealth/status) in your family. Men being the only ones fully capable of running a farm by themselves, land was generally passed to the oldest male heir.

If a male inherited his family farm and then got married, by necessity his wife would have to move to his family's farm. Is that unfair? Maybe, but would the opposite be better? When women leave their families to live with their husbands, their parents lose their labor.

For the first 8-12 years children are absolutely worthless. A son will provide his labor from 13 basically until his death. Whereas a daughter would only provide her labor until she got married. This meant the time/resource investment of having a daughter always far exceeded any return.

Thus, although women were more valuable on a macro level(society), they were essentially worthless on a micro level(to parents). If all you had was daughters, you would have to leave your estate to your daughter, who would then transfer it to her husband's family. Your family would end up with nothing. Thus families needed at least one son to maintain the family farm, and having more than one son meant they might be able to acquire land from another family who only had daughters.

For instance, most of Thomas Jefferson's estate came from his wife. Thomas Jefferson's father-in-law only had daughters. Moreover, Thomas Jefferson only had two surviving daughters as well(no sons).

4) The claim I was responding to was that in some societies many daughters were killed at birth. I'm not aware of that ever happening anywhere except in China after the one-child policy. The resulting gender-imbalance of the one-child policy has created a demographic time-bomb. Any society that kills its daughters in preference of sons won't survive two generations.
There is soooooo much wrong with this I'm not sure where to begin. One thing for sure is you are living or at least basing your thoughts on some non existent fantasy. The points you made are some futuristic made up senario, no where close to historically or scientifically correct or not relevant to todays society.

Speaking of China, destroying so many females did not cause China to collapse nor populations to decrease.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
I've kind of steered away from this thread for a while because it's going nowhere. It’s turned into a "let's complain about women" thread vs. the original topic of "are men in crisis?" I think there is a problem, but it seems few really want to discuss it.

But I always laugh when I read the old mantra, "you women will be miserable and sorry when you are 30-40" like it's some kind of threat when, if you do a search for the topic, study after study shows the happiest group out of singles vs married are people are single women; followed by married couples with married men being happier than married women; and taking up the rear as the most unhappy, single men. I can’t figure out why the myth persists that women will be unhappy when it’s the opposite. But I get a laugh at the idea of threatening us with happiness.

I’ll just give one source for this info. But a quick search online you can find more sources.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...n-are-so-happy
It strokes their ego to believe these women who once rejected, in high school perhaps, will wind up lonley and alone with 100 cats.

All these post and no one has yet to explain what the crisis is, how the crisis has affected their life, or suggest any solutions for the phantom crisis.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Men are in crises but society doesn’t care.

Men commit successful suicide at a higher rate than women.

How many men’s shelters are there if they are a victim of domestic violence?

Society tells men it’s okay to be vulnerable, Jordan Peterson cried and he was absolutely roasted by those same people telling men to be vulnerable.

Criminal court; men get longer sentences than women for the same exact crime.

Family court; men get put into jail if they fall back on child support, women don’t.

My point is no one cares that men are in crises, so men should take their ball and go their own way.
Why do men commit suicide at a higher rate?
They dont seek available help.
They are more likely to succumb to drugs and alcohol
this has always been. Nothing new.
Why are there not as many men's shelters?
Fewer men are victims of domestic violence
Few male victims of domestic violence are in need of shelter
I'm not saying it is not an issue, its not a crisis and it is something men must address
Stop saying society tells you.
Why do you think men get longer sentences than women. Why do you think black men get longer sentences than white men?
Family court; men get put into jail if they fall back on child support, women don’t.
just not true.
when you say things that have absolutely no factual basis you lose credibility.
What are you doing to bring awareness and change?

Old 10-10-2022, 11:57 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Honey, men dont want to be babysitters and daycare workers. The pay stinks and men think it is a "womans job". I will tell you as a 60 year old female who has worked most of my adult in a male dominated field that men did not just accept women into traditional male roles. Women had to fight and basically wait until all the older men retired or died.
First, these so called “women’s jobs”, have been recognized as women’s jobs since females were “cave keeping” instead of house keeping. And there is good reason for it, none the least of which is the fact that there are biological reasons for why women are much better suited to care for the young, compared to men. But given your propensity for denial, I’m sure you’ll deny that too.

In any event, the reoccurring theme here is hard to miss … it’s all about the “us versus them” continuing add nauseam, and altogether revealing of your hostile attitude toward men generally, which in the next paragraph extends to “lazy boys”. So it’s no wonder you’d deny a crisis exists, while also dismissing the crisis that doesn’t exist, as a failing of those experiencing the crisis that doesn’t exist.

So, men were hostile and didn’t accept your taking on “traditional male roles”? You had to “fight” and or wait for men to retire or die to get ahead? This is your misperception of life, and particularly as it pertains to business life. Before “you” the female entered that world, do you believe that men were not fighting each other to get ahead? That men were not in competition with each other for advancement? Has the thought never crossed your mind this “fight” as you refer to it, had little to do with your gender, but was simply based on you being another competitor? Of course, you don’t want to hear that, because it doesn’t fit the gender war narrative extreme feminism promotes. I have a reality news flash … business is competitive, regardless of the gender of the competitors. And reality doesn’t care if you ignore it.

Quote:

Have you ever thought some boys are just lazy and unmotivated. There are plenty of things young boys can get involved in if they choose to. I had boys and grandsons. Sports, basketball, football, boxing, track, riflery, boy scouts, church groups are things mine got involved with, they also played video games. In addition there are various programs through charities and government funding.
Again, lazy boys, lacking motivation? This is all based on your negative gender bias, which is formed by your personal circumstances that obviously cannot be applied to everyone, or even a majority, legitimately. The problem isn’t reserved to excessive video game playing, or laziness, which is just another expression of young men escaping reality, largely motivated by a modern social order being constructed which creates a reality many find the need to escape. Drug and alcohol abuse is another form of escape, usually reserved to adults, and the worst form that has seen a significant increase, is permanent escape, i.e., suicide.

There are indeed a multitude of contributing factors affecting young males today, as I previously mentioned the disastrous drop in testosterone levels which affect males physically and mentally. But as harmful as that may be, it’s not limited to only that. The growing rates of broken homes and single mothers raising kids should also be recognized as a factor too. Kids are products of their upbringing, and how they learn is through the most important of role models, their parents. How do boys learn how to be men, if they lack the male role model in the home that provides this? Obviously, girls raised by single mothers already have the mother as her female role model, whereas boys do not. Given that the majority of women retain custody of the children in divorces, and virtually half of marriages end in divorce, that leaves a huge number of boys lacking that male role model in their lives at critical stages in their development and maturation. But it doesn’t stop there, does it? Not with folks like you so quick to curtly dismiss them as lazy and unmotivated (read useless and having no one to blame but themselves) who just need to “man up” and stop whining? This attitude isn’t just reserved to the short sighted, but is reflective of modern societal conditioning that constantly tells these young males both overtly and subliminally, how useless and replaceable they are, with much support from people like you.

Quote:

What do you think the women are doing so the men can work? Taking care of the children perhaps. Plenty of single women and mothers here in the US work 50 hours per week. Also women tend to work different type jobs, government offices, social services, teachers, secretaries which have limited hours opposed to jobs men hold, construction, factories, maintenance, mills, corporate.

what do you suggest be done to get men in lower paying, fewer hours, kid friendly jobs. What additional programs would prevent boys from turning to excessive video game playing, etc.
Very important points raised here, though it seems you really don’t appreciate their true gravity. Yes, more and more women are now single mothers, raising the kids while maintaining a 50 hour work schedule. What this means is these kids are not receiving the optimal attention, supervision and guidance they might otherwise receive in a traditional family environment, which any psychologist worth their salt would insist has negative consequences regarding child development, and the statistics show this to negatively affect future career and social success.

So, we have young boys being raised primarily by females, without the male role model to whom they can learn the nuances of how to be a man. We have the environmental factors causing alarming disruptions to their testosterone levels, which is the primary substance that make men, men. And social conditioning which tells them how easily replaceable and unnecessary they are. This has resulted in a lack of social confidence, negative self esteem, and an impact to their masculinity, and thusly, their attractiveness to females, who seek those very traits these young men are lacking. It’s a self perpetuating fire.

Now, after reading this, if you think I’m blaming women for all of this, you are mistaken. I’m not. What I do blame many women for is for the increasing lack of compassion and empathy regarding these issues affecting males, and not just in the form of dismissiveness, but in the overt rejection and ridicule often demonstrated.

The derogatory use of terms like “incels” is just one example of another crisis occurring …. the alarming levels of extreme narcissism among many females today, exemplified by their incessant promotion of themselves on social media, and their libraries filled with thousands of selfies”.

To steal a comedic line .. “if your Facebook and instagram page has more selfies than pictures of your friends, you might be a narcissist”. So, it only stands to reason that this growing level of female narcissism would lead them to believe most men simply aren’t worthy of their time and attention. Queens don’t lower themselves to mixing with the commoners, after all, do they?

Old 10-10-2022, 12:06 PM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times
Quote:
It strokes their ego to believe these women who once rejected, in high school perhaps, will wind up lonley and alone with 100 cats.

All these post and no one has yet to explain what the crisis is, how the crisis has affected their life, or suggest any solutions for the phantom crisis.
I just adopted my lifestyle the way women have made it. They don’t want happily ever after, they don’t want one man to settle down with, the court systems and the entire social structure is completely against men, however, women are giving it up easier and more than ever these days. So I’m having my cake and eating it too. I worked my butt off to make myself one of those 10% guys, that most women find attractive, got my financial situation straightened out, polished up my masculinity, and I am out there Happily taking what they’re giving out. Lol that’s the way the feminist want it? I’ll play right along with it. Unless I happen to stumble upon one that’s real special and seems real loyal? I’ll just keep playing the game that they like to play.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:08 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
Men and Women are different plain and simple. But our society in the last 30+ years has decided that men need to be more passive and stop "being men". I don't buy into the phrase "toxic masculinity". A guy being an a**hole has nothing to do with his masculinity. It has to do with him being just what I said, an a**hole.

Also men love to go hunting, lift weights and grunt at the gym, drive a pickup truck, being strong and stoic. Nothing "toxic" about that.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:33 PM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Men and Women are different plain and simple. But our society in the last 30+ years has decided that men need to be more passive and stop "being men". I don't buy into the phrase "toxic masculinity". A guy being an a**hole has nothing to do with his masculinity. It has to do with him being just what I said, an a**hole.

Also men love to go hunting, lift weights and grunt at the gym, drive a pickup truck, being strong and stoic. Nothing "toxic" about that.
It’s comical to me. Feminists want men to act more like women and be more emotionally driven. The problem is women don’t find this attractive. Not a lot of women will settle and that’s exactly what they’re doing, settling with a girly type man. Because it’s the new trend and the latest fad but most of them end up cheating. They end up cheating with a man who has more masculine characteristics and values. We are hardwired for thousands of years amongst the two sexes to be a certain way. And all the societal pressure, political correctness, woke crap, doesn’t change How our brains are hardwired to be with the opposite sex. I’m a man, I’m not toxic, and I will always act like a man. I wouldn’t want any woman who wants me to act like a girl. Sorry

Old 10-10-2022, 12:33 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:

Why would anyone expect an honest discussion of a crisis you have labeled a phantom? And, it has been explained in great detail and depth.

There are plenty of indicators of a crisis affecting young males. Even the academic community calls today’s shrinking male enrollment at colleges and universities a “crisis” which have long term negative consequences for the futures of these young men. Not every crisis can be measured by its immediate impact, but you don’t need a crystal ball to predict future consequences here. .

You also don’t believe there is a marriage crisis either, even though half result in divorce. But, as I suggested previously, who would agree to get on a plane that only had a 50% chance of landing safely? If half of the airplanes taking off everyday crashed, most rational people would consider that a crisis. So why is it not a crisis for 50% of marriages to crash and burn?

Scientifically, low testosterone levels are associated with an immense number of negative health consequences, and today’s young men are suffering an extremely unusual and unprecedented decline, mimicking levels typically suffered by males of advanced old age. That’s a crisis by any reasonable definition.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I just adopted my lifestyle the way women have made it. They don’t want happily ever after, they don’t want one man to settle down with, the court systems and the entire social structure is completely against men, however, women are giving it up easier and more than ever these days. So I’m having my cake and eating it too. I worked my butt off to make myself one of those 10% guys, that most women find attractive, got my financial situation straightened out, polished up my masculinity, and I am out there Happily taking what they’re giving out. Lol that’s the way the feminist want it? I’ll play right along with it. Unless I happen to stumble upon one that’s real special and seems real loyal? I’ll just keep playing the game that they like to play.
I assume you are saying in a round about way you are well off financially and hot and having a lot of casual sex. Well good on you. I'm not sure why you go on about men in crisis, or why you make comments about the court system if you have never dealt with it. Although I do find it sad you adapted your life to the way you think women want you to be. Feminists actually mold their own life and are also happily having casual sex with whom ever they choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies