Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 09:55 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This has been posted several times. I don't see too many Republican views. She may be moderate, but she is all Democrat. This just proves how far the current Democratic party has moved left, when some in the same party call her a "Republican"...SMH...

https://www.ontheissues.org/Tulsi_Gabbard.htm

boggles the mind. If there was justice and fairness, anyone who called her republican would be banned from the internet for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 09:58 AM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
Good for Tulsi! Many people (not politicians) have left the Democrat party because they are simply disgusted with the way things are today which makes sense to me.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
this one I gotta hear....

...waiting patiently....
You didn't know? The Hare Krishna tradition.

She identifies as a Hindu today. This should play well in the Bible Belt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
do people know what hare krishna is? I doubt it they confuse it with people that panhandle in malls (when we had malls) with flowers in their hair.

George Harrison was HK at one point yanno. even wrote a song about it. want me to play it for you? sounds great on a 12 string...

we either have freedom of religion, or we do not.
My point was, and is, that she is unelectable because she is not a Christian.

The Republican Party is almost dominated by Evangelicals. These are the same people who get apoplectic about yoga, because they see it as a way of proselytising Hinduism. LOL

Tulsi was raised in a cult now known as the Science of Identity Foundation, which was originally part of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. The group is led by a man named Chris Butler, who goes under the name of Siddhaswarupananda Goswami.

I don't see anything wrong with any of it. It is nothing like QAnon or the Kashi Ashram or anything like that. It is generally a positive spiritual and moral movement.

But those Seven Mountain evangelicals will never go along with her. She will never get far in the Republican party with that background.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I completely disagree. The party she chose to be a part of, has ignored those core values and shifted, and isn't the same party. Choosing party over our Constitution would be more of a turncoat than leaving a party that has morphed into something that isn't even recognizable.

heck, she ran and WON the first time 20 years ago after leaning D for how long before that? while many of the true toxic people in the DNC were int he DNC back then, they were the lunatic fringe. Today, they are the front facing spokesmodels

Old 10-12-2022, 09:59 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm hoping Sinema leaves next, and the Dems can have Warmonger Cheney
The party of what used to be open minded Democrats, has become and Orwellian Freak show
You’re hoping Senator Sinema leaves the Republican party?

Old 10-12-2022, 10:04 AM

7,345 posts, read 3,819,045 times
I don't know, her stances on gun control and immigration are troublesome. She could be a plant.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:11 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

The Republican Party is almost dominated by Evangelicals. These are the same people who get apoplectic about yoga, because they see it as a way of proselytising Hinduism. LOL

Tulsi was raised in a cult now known as the Science of Identity Foundation, which was originally part of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. The group is led by a man named Chris Butler, who goes under the name of Siddhaswarupananda Goswami.

I don't see anything wrong with any of it. It is nothing like QAnon or the Kashi Ashram or anything like that. It is generally a positive spiritual and moral movement.

But those Seven Mountain evangelicals will never go along with her. She will never get far in the Republican party with that background.
Aren't they all somewhat cults, regardless of the name ?

Old 10-12-2022, 10:15 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:

I assure you that the Republicans are not dominated by evangelicals. Still, I agree that her religion will seem too aberrant to some people. I’m old enough to remember the fear of Kennedy being the first Catholic.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:21 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

Really? I'm fine with her and most all of my friends and family are too. It's not like a hard core Democrat like yourself knows how modern Republicans think. "Tulsi, welcome to the Republican party "

Old 10-12-2022, 10:29 AM

Im still trying to get over that 'raised in a cult' Reading books from and perhaps meeting someone from some religion that someone has deemed is a cult is now equivalent to 'living on the spahn ranch' (an actual cult WAS there and did culty things there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies