Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2022, 08:34 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Thats not a “fact check”
Uhmm..... yes it is. The station and the reporter both recanted the report and it is linked in the Heavy articl.

Old 10-30-2022, 08:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The internet is making it easy for deranged people to find one another, and convince each other that they're right. That's the difference.

Back before the internet you'd have these pockets of crazy, but they couldn't all link up and multiply and attract people who were crazy but not in quite that same way.

The internet is a force - some very good (great to be able to hook up with other families going through cancer, or find just the vintage tonka truck you're looking for!) and some evil.

In high school, Alex Jones had zero friends. None. No one would listen to his crazy. But you get the internet, and wham, he's able to connect with a LOT of people who are willing to listen to him spout nonsense insanity.

And that's what happened with this man. He's a nut, and he found his besties through the power of the internet.

And now Paul Pelosi has hammer marks on his skull.
You do realize that Pandora's Box, so to speak, has been opened, right? We can't very well shut down the internet. Nor can we censor everything.

Even if we shut sites down, people like this could just meet up on the Dark Web.

The common denominator is mental illness. What's changed is uber liberal policies that have shut down mental hospitals. We are forced to deal with ill people walking among us. None of us are truly safe anymore.

Did you notice that homeless DePape was allowed to live part time in a bus parked beside a home in a residential neighborhood? In CA no less. Where strict zoning laws abound? (that wouldn't fly in my small town) Laws are ignored in CA to protect people like this. THAT is a bigger problem.

BTW I am (was) a lifelong Dem saying this.

Old 10-30-2022, 08:35 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
They're gone, warhorse. Gone. Media platforms have removed this guy's poison vitriol. In theory, because nutsoism is contagious.

If this guy goes to trial, we'll see them again.
Sure! I call BS and that they never existed and if we do see them again, they will all be fraudulent and fake.

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing. He's always been crazy, used to agree with her far left stance, but in the last couple years got very sucked into the ultra far right wing conspiracy crowd.

That she doesn't know what he really was thinking, and posting for years, isn't a big surprise. She doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. Or, necessarily interested in what anyone else is doing and thinking.

And now this.
His views remain a mix of both far left and far right. He is just plain crazy.

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Most of the 3-5 bedroom houses in my town have the primary bedroom on the first floor.

It's hard to sell a house with all bedrooms up. Families with small children are the only buyers. We have 3400 square feet with the primary down. I never go upstairs except to dust. Dh has his work space and pool table in the game room so he goes up.

But the long skinny lot makes for odd configurations. Perhaps he heard the glass breaking and came down stairs. But his phone was charging in the bathroom on the main floor.
Oh I know. My house is in The Woodlands, but I spend most of my time at my GF's place, in the Bear Creek/Langham Creek/Copperfield area (even closer to you).

My point was specific to the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and stories of the Pelosi's house.

I'd think that you would agree that the norm (north of I-10) for number of stories 'outside of' FM 1960, and probably even 'outside of' BW8/Sam Houston Tollway, is one or two.

The Pelosi's house is 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, three story, and under 100 sq ft smaller than your house.

With only 4 bedrooms, and about 1100 sq ft per floor, I think the most likely configurations re bedrooms in the Pelosi's case would be either 2 on floor 3, 2 on floor 2 and zero on the main floor, or 1 on one of those two upper floors and three on the other.....but still zero on the main floor.

I've seen 1br. 1ba, plus LR, DR, and Kitchen condos in San Francisco that were 1100 sq ft on one floor, but they had no yard and were intended for one person (not really enough storage for two).

Old 10-30-2022, 08:36 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:
Is it possible that was a private person's scanner feed?
Surprisingly, San Francisco PD uses encryption for their police radios so the public can no longer listen when police are responding to the homeless raiding a CVS.

https://somafm.com/scanner/

Old 10-30-2022, 08:38 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I saw cameras pictured on the house. Were they on and monitored

IMO, after his last incident were I his wife and had their money, there would be a hired guard in the front and another in the garage.

But as yet, we know nothing about their security.
It appears the cameras were only put there recently to deter vandalism. I doubt they were monitored. They are probably just there to collect evidence.

Old 10-30-2022, 08:47 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
I would say you so desperately want to shield MAGA from any blame.

They caused this. He wasn't harming anyone before he fell into the rhetoric spouted by the very far right conspiracy vendors.
By your logic, TDS caused Rand Paul's neighbor to randomly attack him and break his ribs.

Old 10-30-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing. He's always been crazy, used to agree with her far left stance, but in the last couple years got very sucked into the ultra far right wing conspiracy crowd.

That she doesn't know what he really was thinking, and posting for years, isn't a big surprise. She doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. Or, necessarily interested in what anyone else is doing and thinking.

And now this.

She’s an MIT grad so your viewpoint that she wasn’t smart is pretty off base. She was nutty, but she wasn’t stupid.

Old 10-30-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Fighting crime/harsher treatment of criminals is absolutely a Republican ideal.

The left approach is more rehabilitative, and eliminating the cause of crimes through a variety of approaches.

I'm not "admitting" anything. That's reality.

The left’s approach to crime as of late is letting criminals go by lowering penalties and looking the other way and tying the hands of police. What rehabilitative care are they providing? What are they doing to eliminate the cause of crime? Are they securing the border to minimize the flow of fentanyl and other drugs? Nope.

David was sleeping in a bus parked on a public street, something unlikely to be legal but was allowed. According to neighbors, a lot of drug use in that household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies