Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 06:12 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
She's a nutjob herself. She's been in prison for the last year for abducting a child. How would she know what he's been up to.
She probably knows because they have three children together. And if I read correctly, she just went to prison in the last six months.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:13 AM

4,546 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

If they release any footage would it corrupt a jury pool when this goes to trial?

Why would it corrupt the jury pool? As a jurist, I would prefer a video of the perp actually committing the crime. Videos of crimes are released all of the time. Why so much protest over this one particular crime video?

Old 10-31-2022, 06:25 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I can't wait until the footage is released and then I get to watch them move the goalposts on their theory.
You already have your mind made up. You don't need to see the footage.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:27 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Why would it corrupt the jury pool? As a jurist, I would prefer a video of the perp actually committing the crime. Videos of crimes are released all of the time. Why so much protest over this one particular crime video?
Well, if one of them is wearing a leather harness and has a ball gag in his mouth, that would not be good optics.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:30 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Police and DA lie all the time, especially to cover for a powerful politically connected person. This is why that first presser was so short. Guy knows he’s lying and wants in and out before being exposed.

When someone tells me a story it literally makes sense or it doesn’t. In this case it makes no sense. When it makes no sense I’ll gravitate to possible explanations that make sense.

My first post in this thread was it was probably part of the rising crime wave in San Francisco. I changed my tune immediately when the details began to emerge. Now I think most of what they told us is a lie.

You guys seem to be off in some make believe world where everyone is good and no one lies. Or maybe one rotten apple but if you hear 2 or more “officials” tell the same story it must be true. I don’t. I know our politicians and police officers lie more than they tell the truth.
What part of the gay lovers theory makes any sense?

Old 10-31-2022, 06:33 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You did not really answer Goodnight's question. What motives would the police and DAs office have to lie about this? Who do you think they worked with on the "lie"? Was Mr. Pelosi in on it and why woukd have agree since he had brain surgery? Or do you not believe the attack happened at all although it was apparently caught on body cams? Was the suspect who will now go to jail for a ling time in on it to? Why?

You say the "official" narrative makes no sense? The conspiracy theory aspect of it makes even less sense and no one can really explain why all the actors woukd involve themselves in it.

Oh, Paul Pelosi was definitely injured. It's everything that led up to it that doesn't quite jive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
We'll let the bodycam footage, if it's not destroyed already, be the judge of that.

A homeless man breaking into a $6 million house with a hammer and no alarms going off, just isn't very practical.

I would lay money that no footage will EVER be released. From the house system or police body cam.

Quote:
This is the part that I don't understand. Their brains cannot accept what is known so they just make up a story that suits them. Then believe it's true.

I first caught on to it when microwaves first came out. A story spread like a wide fire about a woman drying her poodle in the microwave. I witnessed it in St. Louis one day and Houston the next. Then I started reading books on urban rumor/myth.

Wanting to believe that people with a different POV are evil, sinister and/or crooks is a powerful emotion. It is so contrary to what people think of themselves it makes recognizing a real con man when he stares one in the face impossible.

It cost my own Dh 250K to learn that lesson. Never in a million years would he have thought his BFF was a sociopath. But being conned out of 250K sure did. But it took time.

Sure, urban folklore and sociopaths who con people are a thing, but when people cover up the truth they tend to make up things that sound like a Hollywood movie script and the story falls apart. Police detectives do this all the time. They hear a story that doesn't quite make sense, and they start tugging on the threads of it until the entire thing unravels. At this point, it's all just a little too "pat" to be believable. We shall see.

Quote:
You are no doubt very right. But then there'd be no reason for those of us like me to post here at all. I have a lot of time on my hands and my hope would be that maybe one person on the fence, probably not someone who posts at all, might see it and at least consider how absurd these conspiracists are.

Relax and give them time. It's been three days since the attack. They are likely still collecting footage and going through it.

Unlikely, given how high profile this individual is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I can't wait until the footage is released and then I get to watch them move the goalposts on their theory.

See above. I doubt any footage will be released, and if it is it will be heavily edited to tell the story that they want to tell.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:34 AM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
How many law enforcement agencies are involved in this? The SF police, the FBI, whatever security is provided the speaker, probably the state of California has some kind of LEO, the local DA.

If they release any footage would it corrupt a jury pool when this goes to trial?

It's scary to watch a bunch of people who never took civics discuss what the law enforcement and the prosecution and defense lawyers should be doing.
More likely, we will hear that the Capitol police have jurisdiction over this matter, will not be commenting any further on it and the Pelosi's will ask for their privacy during this very difficult time.

We will see no security footage, we will not hear any 911 tape and the suspect, David DePape, will be placed into some never ending purgatory awaiting "justice". This will all be deemed a "national security" issue and the minions will be told jack diddly squat about what happened.

Yet, the Left will continue to spin this whole thing into some terrible display of MAGA extremism - an attack on democracy, itself. Gag.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:34 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
How DePape made it into their home, and why he was naked on arrival. To me it makes as much sense as the official story. Also explains why Nancy was outta town, Pauli P waited!

I was just being cheeky when I suggested the gay tryst. But you have to admit the official story has more holes than Paul’s head. The vague statements by the police initially ain’t helping matters.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:37 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post

The defendent's lawyer can say they cannot get a fair trial in California or anywhere else because the cops released all the evidence and tainted the jury pool.

Sitting in a jury box seeing evidence is one thing.

For the whole world to see and know what the LE community thinks is another .

Now throw in all this crap by people with wild imaginations and no telling how the prosecution plays out.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:39 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
I'm not 100% on the gay lovers theory myself. I think it could've been a drug deal gone wrong. Since Paul crashed his Porsche Carrera, it's risky for him to go out and pick up the drugs by car--he's gotta Doordash them. It's possible that when DePape saw who he was delivering drugs to, he tried to shake him down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies