Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 11:59 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
We get nothing. All documentation is being scrubbed. Our elite overlords must be protected at all costs, comrades!
^This is the scary part.

I keep thinking about the Jussie Smollett attack. It ended up being fake, but like it or not, someone told him exactly where to stand so he would not be caught on video. Someone knew where all the cameras were on that street. Now we are seeing that the internet can scrub someone's social footprints with a snap of a finger.

Old 10-29-2022, 11:59 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
How does this explain why he would be allowed to go somewhere alone that would have the opportunity to call the cops?
Humanizing yourself if you can't fight or flee, is your best chance for survival in a situation like this.

Victims negotiate with criminals all the time. Sometimes it buys you time to get help or figure out how to flee or fight.

Needing to go to the bathroom is a universal thing that even criminals understand with whatever shred of humanity they have left.

Pelosi either knew this instinctually or possibly had some training somewhere that told him this. Lots of corporations give security training to employees/managers. Things like how to survive a hotel fire or what to do if someone is threatening you. It will almost always include this info about humanizing yourself. It's harder for the criminal to hurt you if he starts seeing you as a fellow human being.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:00 PM

17,400 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
We get nothing. All documentation is being scrubbed. Our elite overlords must be protected at all costs, comrades!
They were trying to minimize and make this go away from the get go. Too bad that gigantic hole in the patio door along with all of the glass laying outside made it glaringly obvious that something happened there.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:00 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
He’s an extremist and someone who is likely crazy considering he was said to hear the voice of angels. I don’t think he was left or right, just extreme in general and had views embraced by both sides.
I agree with you. I have been trying to say that myself, but you put it much better. He seemed to love nutty conspiracy theories and ideas on all sides of the political spectrum. I think his mental illness made his susceptible to those fringe theories. He needs to pay for his attack on Mr. Pelosi.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:02 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Humanizing yourself if you can't fight or flee, is your best chance for survival in a situation like this.

Victims negotiate with criminals all the time. Sometimes it buys you time to get help or figure out how to flee or fight.

Needing to go to the bathroom is a universal thing that even criminals understand with whatever shred of humanity they have left.

Pelosi either knew this instinctually or possibly had some training somewhere that told him this. Lots of corporations give security training to employees/managers. Things like how to survive a hotel fire or what to do if someone is threatening you. It will almost always include this info about humanizing yourself. It's harder for the criminal to hurt you if he starts seeing you as a fellow human being.
Why didn’t he lock the bathroom door though and wait for the police?

Old 10-29-2022, 12:03 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,938,396 times
Why two very senior can't give up power and be happy in stead of looking at death in the not to distant future,I am 89,wife 86 just passed,retired at 55 and we enjoyed our 67 years together.Life is more than power and money.

11,502 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
^This is the scary part.

I keep thinking about the Jussie Smollett attack. It ended up being fake, but like it or not, someone told him exactly where to stand so he would not be caught on video. Someone knew where all the cameras were on that street. Now we are seeing that the internet can scrub someone's social footprints with a snap of a finger.
I am used to it by now. The FBI has a long reach. Remember what Chuck Schumer said, “You take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you." Well that goes same for their ability to protect their allies.

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
I want to see screen shots of his social media accounts. Without those we (the general public) have no idea what he wrote. Anyone can say he said anything.

One of the many things I find really curious is: why did Paul Pelosi come out of the bathroom? If someone were to break into my house and I could make it to the bathroom I would lock myself in an not come out until the coast was clear. I'd also like to think I was cognizant enough to use some caustic substance from under the sink to arm myself with if the intruder managed to break the bathroom door down. Another thing, who charges their phone in the bathroom? In a house that is over 3000 sq ft I'd find better places to charge.
Lots of very suspicious details in this story. I doubt we will ever know the truth, and perhaps we shouldn’t know. The only sure thing seems to be that the dude was crazy.

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
I'm hearing some crazy stories about this attack. Something seems a little off with it.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:05 PM

23,995 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Don't all security systems have to be turned on or set in order to work.......other than a panic button. We have one that I'm sure is not on the level of the Pelosi's, but we don't keep it on all the time and it must be set when we want it on.

Police have not addressed yet whether or not anything was done to disable the alarm system outside.
We had monitored security for 25 years and never turned it on. The insurance was cheaper even with paying for security.

These days of ring, etc, there is no break on the premium.

We still have it although not monitored. Still never turn it on. But I watch the cameras a lot so I know where the feral cats are.

The cameras enable me to see my yard, down the street and one of them can move to monitor the street and neighborhood. It helped when neighbor’s car was struck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies