Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 10:49 AM

11,504 posts, read 6,016,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OMG - google it - the older you are the better sex is - lots of articles about us old folks continuing to have sex.
What is sex?

What, I can't hear you?

What was I just saying?

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Exactly. I've put way too much brain sweat into this incident this morning, but here's how I see it playing out. The police respond to a welfare check at the Pelosi home after Paul makes his 911 call. It's 2:30 in the morning. Everything is dark as they arrive and begin to assess the situation. An officer gets to the back of the house and sees two people wrestling over a hammer through the glass French doors. He identifies himself as police, so Pelosi lets go of the hammer because help has arrived and opens the door. DePape takes advantage of the momentary confusion, leaps toward Pelosi, and begins hitting him in the head and arms. The officers subdue the suspect. There. I've provided a plausible story that makes sense of everything that has been reported and has nothing to do with rent boys, drugs, or mysterious third parties.
Wrong.

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It turns out that the intruder has a criminal record for being a gay male prostitute, I bet the home security video is as disgusting as Hunter’s laptop.
Yeah, but that really doesn't point to a connection to Pelosi. Especially since he was a homeless junkie. It is common in that community to resort to prostitution. Many will do anything to get their drug fix.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It turns out that the intruder has a criminal record for being a gay male prostitute, I bet the home security video is as disgusting as Hunter’s laptop.
I think we're going to need a citation on that.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:52 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Here's what we know:
  • Nancy Pelosi was in DC.
  • Paul was alone in the house in San Francisco.
  • The back door had broken glass that was strewn about outside on the stoop.
  • David DePape was in his underwear inside the Pelosi San Fran House.
  • Pelosi's phone was charging in the bathroom.
  • Paul Pelosi called the police after telling DePape he has to use the bathroom.
  • Depape was heard in the background yelling, "Where's Nancy?"
  • Police arrived.
  • Someone opened the door and let the police into the house.
  • Police witness an altercation between Pelosi and DePape.
  • There was a hammer.
  • They both struggled to get a hold on that hammer.
  • Pelosi was badly beaten with the hammer.
  • DePape was taken into custody.
  • Pelosi was transported to hospital.
  • DePape's social accounts were scrubbed immediately.
  • Pelosi underwent surgery for his injuries including a skull fracture. (A full recovery is expected.)

As of right now, this is all we know for sure. Everything else is speculation. I have my doubts that we will ever get all the details.
If he felt he was being threatened by a stranger, It would be nice to know why he didn't just lock that bathroom door.

They will never take DePape to trial where the truth may be revealed.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:53 AM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Here's what we know:
  • Paul Pelosi called the police after telling DePape he has to use the bathroom.
  • Police arrived.
  • There was a hammer.
  • Pelosi underwent surgery for his injuries including a skull fracture. (A full recovery is expected.)

As of right now, this is all we know for sure. Everything else is speculation. I have my doubts that we will ever get all the details.
Excellent breakdown and I agree - we probably will never know the full story.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Interesting article that interviews neighbors of DePape and his stepdad. It sounds like he and his former girlfriend and housemates were extremely left politically and by extreme, even extreme for San Francisco and David used drugs and seemed to be mentally ill. https://michaelshellenberger.substac...as-a-psychotic

Quote:
Neighbors described DePape as a homeless addict with a politics that was, until recently, left-wing, but of secondary importance to his psychotic and paranoid behavior. “What I know about the family is that they’re very radical activists,” said one of DePape’s neighbors, a woman who only gave her first name, Trish. “They seem very left. They are all about the Black Lives Matter movement. Gay pride. But they’re very detached from reality. They have called the cops on several of the neighbors, including us, claiming that we are plotting against them. It’s really weird to see that they are willing to be so aggressive toward somebody else who is also a lefty.”
And by homeless, it’s meant that he often lived in the bus parked out front of his ex’s home.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:55 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Here's what we know:
  • Police arrived.
  • There was a hammer.

That is all true. The only thing I would add is hat photographs do show glass on both the outside and inside of the door. My guess - again, speculation - is that as DePape tried to get in, the first bits of glass fell on the outside because he had not yet broke through the window. He eventually did that which is how glass was both inside and outside

Old 10-29-2022, 10:59 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Thankfully, the perpetrator is in custody. Pelosi is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. The Speaker was not at their home at the time of the assault.

Whatever your political affiliation, I hope you'll agree that an attack of an elected official's family is completely unacceptable.
Agreed. This isn't a banana republic

Old 10-29-2022, 11:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OMG - google it - the older you are the better sex is - lots of articles about us old folks continuing to have sex.
No thanks, I just ate. I really don't want to get a visual of Nancy or her husband, Biden, etc. trying to get busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies