Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 10:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I didn't create a 3rd person - the chief of police did.
Inquiring minds want to know who this 3rd person is.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...ional-00064098

Quote:
David DePape forced his way into the home through a back entrance, Scott said. Officers arrived at the house, knocked on the front door and were let inside by an unknown person. They discovered DePape and Pelosi struggling for a hammer, and after they instructed them to drop the weapon, Scott said, DePape took the hammer and “violently attacked” Pelosi.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:25 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy001 View Post
I'll bet my mortgage payment that there is home security video footage of EVERYTHING. Will show Paul's special male friend getting upset when Paul wants to cut off the relationship. Paul tries to deescalate him by saying Nancy is home. You know the rest of the script.

You know the old saying, when the cat is away the mouse will play.
I agree....there had to be security video.....unless Paul turned it off.....C`ome on man, the pelosi`s are worth mega bucks......no security!

Old 10-29-2022, 10:26 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
I am surprised posters are actually suspecting a sex angle. Pelosi is 82. At that age it goes beyond not likely to not even biologically possible.

Also, just because he knew Nancy lived there doesn't even mean it was politically motivated. We would have to see this guy's prior arrests. It's possible he has entered other homes before. Deranged people enter regular people's homes all the time.

As far as being in his underwear, there is a striking amount of mentally ill or people on drugs that break into homes and for some odd reason feel the need to take off their clothes. I have read many news stories about people coming home to find a naked transient in their home. The craziest one I read about is a couple who came home to find a naked man in their kitchen eating out of their cat's dish.

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
I didn't create a 3rd person - the chief of police did.
Someone opened the door. It might have been Paul Pelosi. After calling, surely he expected them.

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

At the presser last night, I was shocked (well, not really) that the first question out of the gate wasn't "who opened the door?" That blows my mind.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:27 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
There is something just "off" about this story.

No security.
The man of the home drinks to excess.
The intruder is a well known nudist
Screams "Where's Nancy"

Anything for a vote?

Old 10-29-2022, 10:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

That wasn't a direct quote from Scott. That was a paraphrase. Scott said "they were let inside". The phrase "by an unknown person" was added by the media source, to make it clear to the reader that the media didn't have further information about who opened the door, but were aware the question hangs in the air.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:28 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I am surprised posters are actually suspecting a sex angle. Pelosi is 82. At that age it goes beyond not likely to not even biologically possible.

Also, just because he knew Nancy lived there doesn't even mean it was politically motivated. We would have to see this guy's prior arrests. It's possible he has entered other homes before. Deranged people enter nonpoliticians/celebrities homes all the time.

As far as being in his underwear, there is a striking amount of mentally ill or people on drugs that break into homes and for some odd reason feel the need to take off their clothes. I have read many news stories about people coming home to find a naked transient in their home. The craziest one I read about is a couple who came home to find a naked man in their kitchen eating out of their cat's dish.
Just wait til you get 83. If you have no medical issue, who knows :

Old 10-29-2022, 10:29 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If it happened to him, it can happen to anyone. This is why the issue of crime should be the top issue of the day, but democrats have been doing everything they can to ignore it. That is a very stupid thing to do, for obvious reasons.

Hopefully Mr Pelosi makes a full recovery and democrats start taking this issue seriously.
agreed

Old 10-29-2022, 10:31 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Link to what Paul Pelosi was wearing please.

So there's a lunatic who breaks in in his underwear and the housekeeper doesn't call the cops or actually leave the house in fear for their life?

Or Paul Pelosi is so undisturbed by this maniac, that he turns his back on DePape, goes to let the cops in and THEN goes back to stand next to DePape?
It's a large house. A housekeeper could have slept through everything until the cops were knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell.

Paul Pelosi couldn't have opened the door because when the cops came in they saw him and DePape both holding onto the hammer in a struggle for it. At which point, DePape gained control of the hammer and began assaulting Pelosi until the cops tackled him.

Last edited by Blondy; 10-29-2022 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies