Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 08:48 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
No, their house is at Broadway and Normandie Terrace In Pacific Heights.

It doesn't look like the garage door was the problem. This perpetrator walked right up an smashed the sliding glass doors.

It's kind of amazing that they didn't have better security. Looking at the house it really wouldn't take a lot to fortify it. Just a raw iron fence or a wall with a gate around the front would do the job pretty well.
There is a little iron wall with a little gate, but in looks as though it's only about 2 or 3 feet high. Not much of a deterrent.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Link to what Paul Pelosi was wearing please.

So there's a lunatic who breaks in in his underwear and the housekeeper doesn't call the cops or actually leave the house in fear for their life?

Or Paul Pelosi is so undisturbed by this maniac, that he turns his back on DePape, goes to let the cops in and THEN goes back to stand next to DePape?
I don't know what he was wearing, but he was "dressed".

You can probably google that yourself.

I don't know that there was a housekeeper - that's complete speculation on my part. It's just as likely Pelosi himself was the one who let the cops in.

At the time LE was called, what they had was a guy in his undies, ranting and screaming about where is Nancy. That's what Paul was dealing with. Not someone who was attacking him physically.

Some unhinged man, in underwear, carrying a hammer.

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
So many outrageous comments just coasting along here. You would think all the Breibart sucking coke heads are out today. Its sounds like its time to put up a memorial to David DePape, right next to Jeff Davis.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:51 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know what he was wearing, but he was "dressed".

You can probably google that yourself.

I don't know that there was a housekeeper - that's complete speculation on my part. It's just as likely Pelosi himself was the one who let the cops in.

At the time LE was called, what they had was a guy in his undies, ranting and screaming about where is Nancy. That's what Paul was dealing with. Not someone who was attacking him physically.

Some unhinged man, in underwear, carrying a hammer.
You don’t know what he was wearing but you know he was “dressed.”?

Now you’re just spamming CD with your imaginary scenarios.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:52 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Pelosi wasn't in his underwear, making it initially confusing for cops to process the scene - which was the homeowner startled in his sleep, and which is the intruder?

I don't know who let the cops in - they haven't said. Best guess is a house keeper or some other staff. But I don't know.

Maybe it was Pelosi himself.

They didn't engage in any combat at all, until cops were there, so it's not like they arrived to find Pelosi bloodied and injured. He hadn't been struck yet, until the cops were inside the house and witnessed the attack. So maybe he himself let them in.
Did anybody ever say another person was there? I took it to mean Mr. Pelosi opened the door.

None of us have any clue about the security in the house. Many houses around me have a button by the bed in the primary bedroom that can be pushed and the police will be notified, silently. The security monitor does it. The smoke alarms are wired into the fire department. If smoke is detected, one need not call the fire department.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:55 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Did anybody ever say another person was there? I took it to mean Mr. Pelosi opened the door.

None of us have any clue about the security in the house. Many houses around me have a button by the bed in the primary bedroom that can be pushed and the police will be notified, silently. The security monitor does it. The smoke alarms are wired into the fire department. If smoke is detected, one need not call the fire department.
Yes.

The police chief said last night that "someone" opened the door and from the doorway, the two cops observed Pelosi and DePape inside.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:56 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Yes.

The police chief said last night that "someone" opened the door and from the doorway, the two cops observed Pelosi and DePape inside.
Meaning, it could have been Paul Pelosi who opened the door.

OR, much less likely, could have been DePape.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:57 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Of course everyone is appalled by a home invasion and assault on a senior citizen. But it has happened many times to many people as a direct result of the policies of Pelosi and her party. Her husband Paul is not her only victim.
The reaction of Fox News and the conservatives on this thread was summoned up nicely:

Quote:
Where DeAngelis landed, though, is precisely where you’d expect a Fox commentator to land. If it wasn’t politically motivated, it’s because of the crime wave and therefore the Democrats’ fault. If it was, it’s because Biden didn’t unite America … and therefore the Democrats’ fault. A simple, effective formula.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...short-seconds/

Go ahead, blame the victim. Score some partisan brownie points while you're at it.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:00 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Meaning, it could have been Paul Pelosi who opened the door.
Again, someone opened the door and it was then from the doorway the cops observed Pelosi and DePape.

So no. There was a third person.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:00 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The reaction of Fox News and the conservatives on this thread was summoned up nicely:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...short-seconds/

Go ahead, blame the victim. Score some partisan brownie points while you're at it.
If Pelosi is a victim is not clear to me. Who knows what that older dude was doing with a tweaker half his age, in his underpants, while his corpse of a wife is safely in DC. Maybe the true victim here is DePape!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies