Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 08:16 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've bolded what I believe. It's really a shame about these conspiracy theories that have come out here.

Your post made me hopeful and believe that this is not a "conservative" hive mind thought process but a few fringe weirdos that are in the roach-corners of the web making up this stuff and running with it. And since this is a board that does not moderate conspiracy theories, we get the pleasure of reading about it.

But it's certainly soul-crushing to think that there is a growing population in our country that has become this radicalized. I used to also think it was paid trolls/troll farms/etc. and there's probably some of that, but the sad fact is that people will believe the worst of the worst because it makes them feel more galvinized against their "enemy" and gives them a reason to justify their baser qualities.

No different than the people who claimed there were "pee tapes" of Trump, etc. Welcome to politics. It's filthy. Nobody ever becomes happier by learning more about politics and how it works.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:24 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
And the media is running with this.....the violent fascist right.....

"Don't let them take over and destroy the country. Our democracy is at stake here "

Old 10-29-2022, 08:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And the media is running with this.....the violent fascist right.....

"Don't let them take over and destroy the country. Our democracy is at stake here "
I do think this is a bellwether moment.

This is when we all need to stand and agree, this is absolutely unacceptable, and won't be excused away as saying the husband of a politician deserves this, or that this didn't actually happen.

This is a take it or leave it moment. Stay together as a country, or decide this country isn't worth saving or is too far gone to be saved.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:28 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You reap what you sow. Him and his idiot wife have been calling law and order racism and MAGA for as long as I can remember.

Can you provide any links re that re Paul Pelosi ?

I agree re Nancy. Her quotes could fill a book, and I can't stand her (and I'm a Bay Area native), but I've never heard nor read any quotes from him re the above.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:29 AM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I do think this is a bellwether moment.

This is when we all need to stand and agree, this is absolutely unacceptable, and won't be excused away as saying the husband of a politician deserves this, or that this didn't actually happen.

This is a take it or leave it moment. Stay together as a country, or decide this country isn't worth saving or is too far gone to be saved.
Disagree. Democrats like crime and they like to push policies that perpetuate it. Not sure why you’re so worked up about this; rampant crime is just part of life in Joe Biden’s “equitable” America.

This won’t be seen as any kind of “bellwether” moment.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:29 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It was in a media article. Pelosi excused himself to go to the restroom, where his cell phone was charging, and called 911 from there.
Doesn't that seem like an odd allowance from someone we're supposed to be believe busted in there just to beat him up?

Old 10-29-2022, 08:31 AM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I still think it's a false flag/hoax and they are doing this because the midterms voting is in the next two weeks.
False flag for what?

She's in a safe district for her re-election.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Doesn't that seem like an odd allowance from someone we're supposed to be believe busted in there just to beat him up?
DePape didn't appear to mean Paul Pelosi harm. He was searching for Nancy, until the cops showed up and it was over.

He busted in there to kill Nancy. It doesn't appear that until the very final moment, he had intentions of harming Paul.

At the time when Paul was allowed to use the restroom, DePape can be heard on the call still looking for Nancy.

2,427 posts, read 3,567,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If it happened to him, it can happen to anyone. This is why the issue of crime should be the top issue of the day, but democrats have been doing everything they can to ignore it. That is a very stupid thing to do, for obvious reasons.

Hopefully Mr Pelosi makes a full recovery and democrats start taking this issue seriously.
How do they not take it seriously? Republicans have been the majority at times and they haven't done anything either, except cops can beat the crap out of people first and ask questions later. That's not right either.

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
A third person let the police in and both men were in their underwear. What goes on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies