Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 09:31 AM

17,430 posts, read 14,657,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
This has been discussed. She has a protective detail through the Capitol Police, and they stay with her at all times, which is why they were not present. The Speaker was in DC at the time of the attack.
They're worth 100 million dollars.

She's 2nd in line of the Presidency.

Why isn't the Pelosi home better protected? Breaking that back window should have triggered the alarm system and an automatic call to the police. Why didn't that happen? Was the security system turned off? If so, why?

Old 10-29-2022, 09:33 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
This is very scary.
It is, and it's not just politicians on the national stage. I have a very good friend who is a local elected official. The threatening messages she receives are vile, and they are coming more frequently now than ever before. She presents as calm, but I know it rattles her, and I worry about her and her family. There are way too many crazy, violent people around just waiting to go off.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:35 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A friend of mine who died early in the Trump administration lived about 5 blocks or so from Nancy and Paul, and she also had neither. And my friend lived alone, was older than Nancy and Paul, and her house was more expensive (her kids sold it for about $8 million, and It's now worth over $9.5 million).
There has to be a alarm system. That house is in San Francisco a cesspool that Pelosi helped create. If those old geezers didn’t put one in somebody else in her security detail would have. Something’s rotten in Denmark but this’ll be clamped down fast just like Paul’s arrest and the mystery passenger in his car

Old 10-29-2022, 09:41 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
I dont think Ive heard yet exactly HOW he got in the house. Im seeing where he's being charged with assault, but not breaking and entering. There has to have been an alarm system at the house, which wouldnt have been activated had he been let in. Trying to connect the dots has been difficult with this one.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:46 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Nancy is third in line for being the President of the US. Surely that alone would lead to having security.
Nancy Pelosi lives in or near Washington DC, and that’s where her security is.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:47 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No different than the people who claimed there were "pee tapes" of Trump, etc. Welcome to politics. It's filthy. Nobody ever becomes happier by learning more about politics and how it works.
True on all counts. Both sides lie and gossip about the other side. It, of course, does not make it right and I hate it. I really hate when one side only thinks the other side lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
DePape didn't appear to mean Paul Pelosi harm. He was searching for Nancy, until the cops showed up and it was over.

He busted in there to kill Nancy. It doesn't appear that until the very final moment, he had intentions of harming Paul.

At the time when Paul was allowed to use the restroom, DePape can be heard on the call still looking for Nancy.
People here are expecting a homeless, drug addict with far out beliefs who breaks into a house with a hammer in his underwear to act with logic and reason. Pretty silly of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
A third person let the police in and both men were in their underwear. What goes on?
I'm going to need a link to an official source for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Yes.

The police chief said last night that "someone" opened the door and from the doorway, the two cops observed Pelosi and DePape inside.
"Someone" could have been Mr. Pelosi. It seems odd that the police would know there was a third person there -- housekeeper, drug lord, Santa Claus, who knows? -- and not mention it.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:49 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Nancy Pelosi lives in or near Washington DC, and that’s where her security is.
She also live in San Francisco and considering her position, it’s odd that there was no security. Not even an alarm system.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
True on all counts. Both sides lie and gossip about the other side. It, of course, does not make it right and I hate it. I really hate when one side only thinks the other side lies.

People here are expecting a homeless, drug addict with far out beliefs who breaks into a house with a hammer in his underwear to act with logic and reason. Pretty silly of them.

I'm going to need a link to an official source for that

"Someone" could have been Mr. Pelosi. It seems odd that the police would know there was a third person there -- housekeeper, drug lord, Santa Claus, who knows? -- and not mention it.
I read another news account and they named an “unknown person” as opening the door.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:53 AM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Until we figure out why DePape was there, basically naked, with an 80 year old man, we should be giving DePape his right as an American: innocent until proven guilty

I know you guys are readying the noose already, but there is more to this story than is otherwise being portrayed!

All kinds of organizations and individuals have read his social media accounts. The guy is a nudist. He even participated in a nude wedding. He put it out there for the world to see.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:55 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,189,012 times
Pelosi second in line for the Presidency? No that can't be. VP Kamala Harris takes his place if he retires or passes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies