Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 09:13 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The guy who lives there, got bashed in the head with a hammer and suffered a skull fracture is the victim. Why is that so hard to figure out?
Until we figure out why DePape was there, basically naked, with an 80 year old man, we should be giving DePape his right as an American: innocent until proven guilty

I know you guys are readying the noose already, but there is more to this story than is otherwise being portrayed!

Old 10-29-2022, 09:14 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Until we figure out why DePape was there, basically naked, with an 80 year old man, we should be giving DePape his right as an American: innocent until proven guilty

I know you guys are readying the noose already, but there is more to this story than is otherwise being portrayed!
Maybe you missed the news about what was on dePape's Facebook page.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:18 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Thankfully, the perpetrator is in custody. Pelosi is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. The Speaker was not at their home at the time of the assault.

Whatever your political affiliation, I hope you'll agree that an attack of an elected official's family is completely unacceptable.
Attacks are unacceptable. Not only those on the spouse of an official. My question - will the offender be prosecuted or will he be treated like the majority of similar offenders particullarly in Cali?

Old 10-29-2022, 09:18 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe you missed the news about what was on dePape's Facebook page.
He was also registered with the Green Party, a former nudists living in a house in Berkeley with a BLM sign in the window, an LGBT marijuana flag in the yard, with a bunch of hippies.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:21 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A friend of mine who died early in the Trump administration lived about 5 blocks or so from Nancy and Paul, and she also had neither. And my friend lived alone, was older than Nancy and Paul, and her house was more expensive (her kids sold it for about $8 million, and It's now worth over $9.5 million).
I find that just amazing, do they not ever read the news. Crime is really bad and rich people are often targeted. Heck, they have always been targeted with cat burglars and stuff. The Pelosi's should certainly know better. I'd have 24/7 security, the rich people around here certainly do. Maybe these old people have dementia, they sure aren't thinking straight.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A friend of mine who died early in the Trump administration lived about 5 blocks or so from Nancy and Paul, and she also had neither. And my friend lived alone, was older than Nancy and Paul, and her house was more expensive (her kids sold it for about $8 million, and It's now worth over $9.5 million).
Nancy is third in line for being the President of the US. Surely that alone would lead to having security.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:24 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Justice for Juicy

Old 10-29-2022, 09:29 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
This is very scary.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:30 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've bolded what I believe. It's really a shame about these conspiracy theories that have come out here.

Your post made me hopeful and believe that this is not a "conservative" hive mind thought process but a few fringe weirdos that are in the roach-corners of the web making up this stuff and running with it. And since this is a board that does not moderate conspiracy theories, we get the pleasure of reading about it.

But it's certainly soul-crushing to think that there is a growing population in our country that has become this radicalized. I used to also think it was paid trolls/troll farms/etc. and there's probably some of that, but the sad fact is that people will believe the worst of the worst because it makes them feel more galvinized against their "enemy" and gives them a reason to justify their baser qualities.

From what I can see meeting my neighbors in a county that went over 80% Trump in 2 elections, these folks arent the norm for conservatives. We do have the odd whackadoodle , like the moron this past July 4 that came to one of the prime vantage points at the lake for observing the fireworks show with his wife and elementary age kids and , after setting up the shade tent and lawn chairs, stood up a very large "F**k Biden" flag at a family event. Every neighbor I talked with later expressed total disdain for the moron though.

My hope is that most, or at least half, are shills. Then the other half probably make up a small "idiot" percentage of the whole of normal, decent conservatives. I say this as a conservative leaning libertarian .

As Mitt Romney rightly said, " I have morons on my (GOP) team". So do we all.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:31 AM

One story is that Paul excuses himself to go into the bathroom where his phone is charging (Because charging your phone in the bathroom is really normal) and calls 911. Next story, Paul secretly dials 911 with David right by him and doesn’t say anything but dispatcher hears that Paul doesn’t know him and that David is also a friend and the dispatcher hears David yelling, “”where is Nancy” and sends police right away

News reports that “someone” opened the door and saw Paul and David with a hammer and David hit Paul with the hammer. David was in his underwear and from what I’ve read, so was Paul.

Glass from broken windows shows that the window was most likely broken from the inside. House is covered with security cameras but there re no security guards watching. No house alarm. The house of the woman who is the third in line for being President of the US has no real security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies