Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 10:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So Pelosi or David answered the door while they each had their hand on the hammer?

That doesn’t make sense.
Apparently the assault hadn't begun, or the struggle over the hammer, until police were in the room. Cops witnessed the entire assault.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:43 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,156,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
But that's exactly what you guys are doing. You're creating a scenario where they were gay lovers or drug users and then creating a third person ho no one else has even said was there.
Exactly. I've put way too much brain sweat into this incident this morning, but here's how I see it playing out. The police respond to a welfare check at the Pelosi home after Paul makes his 911 call. It's 2:30 in the morning. Everything is dark as they arrive and begin to assess the situation. An officer gets to the back of the house and sees two people wrestling over a hammer through the glass French doors. He identifies himself as police, so Pelosi lets go of the hammer because help has arrived and opens the door. DePape takes advantage of the momentary confusion, leaps toward Pelosi, and begins hitting him in the head and arms. The officers subdue the suspect. There. I've provided a plausible story that makes sense of everything that has been reported and has nothing to do with rent boys, drugs, or mysterious third parties.

5,344 posts, read 4,441,865 times
Here's what we know:
  • Nancy Pelosi was in DC.
  • Paul was alone in the house in San Francisco.
  • The back door had broken glass that was strewn about outside on the stoop.
  • David DePape was in his underwear inside the Pelosi San Fran House.
  • Pelosi's phone was charging in the bathroom.
  • Paul Pelosi called the police after telling DePape he has to use the bathroom.
  • Depape was heard in the background yelling, "Where's Nancy?"
  • Police arrived.
  • Someone opened the door and let the police into the house.
  • Police witness an altercation between Pelosi and DePape.
  • There was a hammer.
  • They both struggled to get a hold on that hammer.
  • Pelosi was badly beaten with the hammer.
  • DePape was taken into custody.
  • Pelosi was transported to hospital.
  • DePape's social accounts were scrubbed immediately.
  • Pelosi underwent surgery for his injuries including a skull fracture. (A full recovery is expected.)

As of right now, this is all we know for sure. Everything else is speculation. I have my doubts that we will ever get all the details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

13,388 posts, read 6,457,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Did anybody ever say another person was there? I took it to mean Mr. Pelosi opened the door.

None of us have any clue about the security in the house. Many houses around me have a button by the bed in the primary bedroom that can be pushed and the police will be notified, silently. The security monitor does it. The smoke alarms are wired into the fire department. If smoke is detected, one need not call the fire department.
Don't all security systems have to be turned on or set in order to work.......other than a panic button. We have one that I'm sure is not on the level of the Pelosi's, but we don't keep it on all the time and it must be set when we want it on.

Police have not addressed yet whether or not anything was done to disable the alarm system outside.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

Inti Gonzales, Depape's daughter, weighs in.

And apparently the DA's office has record of a previous criminal charge, from 2003, of trespass against Depape, that was apparently later dropped.

Unable to find further criminal charges.

https://sfstandard.com/criminal-just...-david-depape/

Old 10-29-2022, 10:47 AM

11,662 posts, read 6,094,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Here's what we know:
  • Nancy Pelosi was in DC.
  • Paul was alone in the house in San Francisco.
  • The back door had broken glass that was strewn about outside on the stoop.
  • David DePape was in his underwear inside the Pelosi San Fran House.
  • Pelosi's phone was charging in the bathroom.
  • Paul Pelosi called the police after telling DePape he has to use the bathroom.
  • Depape was heard in the background yelling, "Where's Nancy?"
  • Police arrived.
  • Someone opened the door and let the police into the house.
  • Police witness an altercation between Pelosi and DePape.
  • There was a hammer.
  • They both struggled to get a hold on that hammer.
  • Pelosi was badly beaten with the hammer.
  • DePape was taken into custody.
  • Pelosi was transported to hospital.
  • DePape's social accounts were scrubbed immediately.
  • Pelosi underwent surgery for his injuries including a skull fracture. (A full recovery is expected.)

As of right now, this is all we know for sure. Everything else is speculation. I have my doubts that we will ever get all the details.

* DePape's social accounts were scrubbed immediately.

That says it all right there.

11,879 posts, read 5,847,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I am surprised posters are actually suspecting a sex angle. Pelosi is 82. At that age it goes beyond not likely to not even biologically possible.

Also, just because he knew Nancy lived there doesn't even mean it was politically motivated. We would have to see this guy's prior arrests. It's possible he has entered other homes before. Deranged people enter regular people's homes all the time.

As far as being in his underwear, there is a striking amount of mentally ill or people on drugs that break into homes and for some odd reason feel the need to take off their clothes. I have read many news stories about people coming home to find a naked transient in their home. The craziest one I read about is a couple who came home to find a naked man in their kitchen eating out of their cat's dish.
OMG - google it - the older you are the better sex is - lots of articles about us old folks continuing to have sex.

13,388 posts, read 6,457,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Meaning, it could have been Paul Pelosi who opened the door.

OR, much less likely, could have been DePape.
That doesn't make much sense.

If the first thing the cops saw was the two of them holding onto the same hammer, whomever opened the door would have had to drag the other man with them to the door.

More likely a third party or why wouldn't cops just name Pelosi or DePape as the one who opened the door. Seems rather obvious the police are shielding the name a third party who opened the door.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
[*]DePape's social accounts were scrubbed immediately.

That says it all right there.
Yes, it does.

Don't nobody want to get sued for hosting his rantings and encouraging him.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:49 AM

15,435 posts, read 9,132,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If you look at the home on google street view, the front is blurred out but the side isn’t and we can see that there are cameras everywhere.
Google at their finest. They try to censor everything, but their censorship is only 50% effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies