Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 09:34 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The last two races called in 2020 were races Republicans won by 6 and 12 votes in Iowa's 2nd and New York's 22nd district. A bunch of districts took time to count, and went both ways. Enough of this conspiracy theory nonsense because results don't go the way you want them to
And they were absolutely inconsequential races. Are you saying the Dems won’t win the house? Because I’m going against predictions here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 09:37 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
WTF. 5 people voted in one county in Nevada? LOL
It wasn't 5 people who vote in the entire county. It was 5 votes added to the count today from the county ( I forget which one, though did see it earlier). With that said, Nevada outside of the Las Vegas metro and Reno areas are extremely rural, so several counties certainly have very few voters.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:39 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Then how do you explain President Biden? Because he is none of those things.
We were not voting for president on Tuesday. A vote for Biden in 2020 was vote against Trump. Americans were tired of crazy then and they are tired of crazy now. Maybe someday one party will have the perfect candidate. Best we can do now is keep the nutters out.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:40 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
I wish we could get Ct government gridlock to mirror the DC gridlock to occur the next two years.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:42 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
And they were absolutely inconsequential races. Are you saying the Dems won’t win the house? Because I’m going against predictions here.
I'm saying I don't know who is going to win the House. I do think the GOP has an advantage, but it is likely going to come down to 4 or 5 seats. It is going to be very close, and whoever wins the House will have a razor thin majority. It could go either way. It doesn't mean its fraud, it doesn't mean it is some conspiracy or other such nonsense.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Trump lost the popular vote twice,under his leadership the gop lost the house, the senate and the presidency.Historically the gop should have gained both houses this midterm but so many Americans despise trump along with dobbs the republicans massively underperformed.
The MAGA base is around a quarter of the population and most Americans think they are cult member conspiracy Theorists and most women believe they want to oppress women.

There are hundreds of people going to serve time in federal prison because the believed trumps election lies and joined his Jan 6th insurrection. Lives and families ruined.
This has little to do with Maga but I’ll play your tired game. Trump won the presidency, lost the house because of a bogus Russia collusion narrative cooked up by corrupt government agencies and Dems, then lost the presidency because of a once in a lifetime pandemic released from a lab, leading to massive mail in voting that is still hurting republicans today. Trump voters are good people, and he ran the best campaign in modern history, he earned the presidency in 2016 and his policies help lead to a very successful economy for all Americans before Covid hit us. That said, he had many many flaws, it’s time we move on. We’re all Americans at the end, stop dehumanizing people.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:46 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Since the dobbs decision republicans have not been able to understand they have completely lost women voters. Groups that believe the gop is trying to oppress them and deny them their rights do not vote republican.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:48 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Since the dobbs decision republicans have not been able to understand they have completely lost women voters. Groups that believe the gop is trying to oppress them and deny them their rights do not vote republican.
Exit polls showed they did the same with women as usual actually

Old 11-12-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm saying I don't know who is going to win the House. I do think the GOP has an advantage, but it is likely going to come down to 4 or 5 seats. It is going to be very close, and whoever wins the House will have a razor thin majority. It could go either way. It doesn't mean its fraud, it doesn't mean it is some conspiracy or other such nonsense.
Because these last races have consequences and are in dem controlled states, it’s clear to me they will continue to be dragged out until the vote flips blue. We saw the same thing two years ago. I will delete my account if I’m wrong, quote that.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:50 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This has little to do with Maga but I’ll play your tired game. Trump won the presidency, lost the house because of a bogus Russia collusion narrative cooked up by corrupt government agencies and Dems, then lost the presidency because of a once in a lifetime pandemic released from a lab, leading to massive mail in voting that is still hurting republicans today. Trump voters are good people, and he ran the best campaign in modern history, he earned the presidency in 2016 and his policies help lead to a very successful economy for all Americans before Covid hit us. That said, he had many many flaws, it’s time we move on. We’re all Americans at the end, stop dehumanizing people.
You ignored the almost a thousand supporters charged with federal crimes because the believed his election lies. Why support someone who tried to end the peaceful transfer of power the bedrock of American democracy.
REPUBLICANS appointed by trump to attorney general ,White House counsel, trump campaign lawyers, leaders of the DOJ all told trump there was no election fraud. CISA and FBI found no evidence of fraud
also republican state elected officials and state republican election officials all testifying no election fraud occurred

Trump and his supporters lost 63 court cases many with republican judges in which Trumps own lawyers in open court said there was no election fraud even Giuliani and Sydney Powell deny fraud in court pleadings and in open court.

Fox News and OAN aired retractions saying no fraud

Sydney Powell said no rational person would believe her fraud claims
Attornev General William Barr said in an interview that the Justice Department has uncovered
no evidence of widespread voter fraud that would tip the results of the presidential election, a
comment directly undercutting allegations being made by President Donald Trump and his
legal team.

**trumps lawyers and affiliated lawyers deny fraud in court. Even Giuliani denied fraud in court ***

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/u...-lawsuits.html

Trump RNC lawyer in Arizona

attorney Kory Langhofer stressed the plaintiffs were "not alleging fraud" or "that anyone is stealing the election" — simply raising concerns about a "limited number of cases" involving "good faith errors."

Giuliani in Pennsylvania

And when Brann pressed Giuliani to explain why none of the specific legal claims in the suit are based on voter fraud, the president’s lawyer admitted the campaign isn’t pleading voter fraud at all. Later, Brann asked whether he should apply a higher legal standard of “strict scrutiny” to the case, which is required when fraud is alleged.

“If we had alleged fraud, then yes, but this is not a fraud case,” Giuliani said quickly.

Trump campaign lawyer Goldstein in Pennsylvania

“In your petition, which is right before me — and I read it several times — you don’t claim that any electors or the Board of the County were guilty of fraud, correct?” asked the judge. “That’s correct?”

“Your Honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step,” Goldstein replied. “And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the DNC or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith. The DNC is coming with good faith. We’re all just trying to get an election done. We think these were a mistake, but we think they are a fatal mistake, and these ballots ought not be counted.”

“I understand,” he told Goldstein. “I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?”

“To my knowledge at present, no,” Goldstein said.

“Are you claiming that there is any undue or improper influence upon the elector with respect to these 592 ballots,” queried the judge.

“To my knowledge at present, no,” was Goldstein’s reply.

Addm:
Anyone who stormed the capitol with all this info available is a complete moron. They are going to be but ripped in prison because of lies trumps lawyers would not assert in court. Don’t drop the soap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies