Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 09:53 PM

831 posts, read 333,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I sure do hope this ends the “Trump needs to run and save us” crap. His chosen people are going down in flames. He attacked DeSantis three freaking days before the election and he did everything short of officially endorsing Stacy Abrahams to get rid of Kemp. No, his half hearted “endorsement” muttered the day before the election of DeSantis and Kemp don’t count as support.
Who? O'Dea talked crap about Trump and he got CRUSHED. Vance won, Budd won, Walker probably going to runoff because the libertarian has done so well, MTG won, I can go on and on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 09:54 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
My state is the 4th largest economy in the world... It takes more than just being an asylum.
Colorado?

Old 11-08-2022, 09:54 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
100% agree, except I think Fetterman is the worst all time. And the criminals are going to put him in the Senate.

I hope I’m wrong, but as I expected months ago, the DemoRats will get a two seat majority in the Senate, and break even in the house.

And that would never happen with a legitimate election.
It boggles my mind how Fetterwoman is even running half the vote. The most pro criminal radical senate candidate in history, not to mention severely cognitively impaired. Is Pennsylvania that dense?

Old 11-08-2022, 09:55 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
We owe Ron DeSantis and the Florida GOP a HUGE thanks for that redistricting plan. It's playing dividends in the battle for the house tonight.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:55 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
It boggles my mind how Fetterwoman is even running half the vote. The most pro criminal radical senate candidate in history, not to mention severely cognitively impaired. Is Pennsylvania that dense?
He’s not even gonna serve. Belief by many on the inside is he will be removed and replaced at some point next 2 years

Old 11-08-2022, 09:56 PM

11,500 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
They are definitely going to win Wisconsin
With a GOP win in Wisconsin, then it is all about Georgia. If Herschel Walker wins, then the GOP controls the Senate 51 to 49. I do worry about another Georgia over night election steal.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:57 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
https://www.axios.com/local/miami/20...-violent-crime

Apparent homicides are down but violent crimes are up.
These figures don't take into account the huge population growth Miami has experienced.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:58 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
With a GOP win in Wisconsin, then it is all about Georgia. If Herschel Walker wins, then the GOP controls the Senate 51 to 49. I do worry about another Georgia over night election steal.
There’s not enough vote left in Georgia for either guy to make 50 so that’s a runoff almost for sure

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I have to admit that I’m a little surprised that the GOP didn’t do significantly better. But this election should put Trump’s political career to bed once and for all. It’s BECAUSE of Trump’s election deniers that the Dems have done so well tonight. The republicans would have picked up a dozen more seats if they had run better candidates. And the Dems did everything they could to lose.

DeSantis is the future of the GOP. Trump is done and good riddance.
I agree with everything you said! Kari Lake and Lee Zeldin were charismatic with good ideas but constantly pegged as election deniers and January 6th sympathizers. That scared away plenty of independents. I also think the abortion stance from some GOP candidates--like Tudor Dixon begin against it even in the case of rape or incest, even if the patient is a juvenile--motivated independent women to vote Democratic. As for Oz vs. Fetterman, the Fetterman camp was able to spin his poor debate performance into an I'm-the-underdog-like-you rallying cry. If he wins I can only figure it's because people put relatability ahead of issues. Were I Dr. Oz I wouldn't have even mentioned his stroke because there are too many voters with similar health struggles; too bad crime, immigration, and trans policy was barley touched on at the debate. Don't even get me started on Herschel Walker...

I voted for Trump twice but I REALLY, REALLY hope he doesn't run again because he was too easily emotionally manipulated by the neocons in his camp and too easily triggered into personal spats by liberals. I believe if DeSantis wants a wall he will actually BUILD one and not just tweet about it for four years. I don't even believe Trump will run; his ego can't take another defeat. He's addicted to the admiration and will hold rally after rally up until the 11th hour deadline to declare.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Walker!!!!!

I don't see how you can say that and they excuse Walker being in the race.

I don't know about Fetterman's criminal record honestly. I'm not a fan of his. As for his cognitive issues, having speech issues after a stroke doesn't mean that he is not capable of logical thinking etc. It's like when you get a leg injury and have to 'learn' how to walk or move again. Doesn't mean your brain can't function.

BUT...if you believe cognitively he's not cpaable...ok.

But WALKER can't complete a sentence. Add to that his criminal pass, his reltionship and business issues over the years -- a long history of erratic behaviour and by his own admission mental health issues.

So take them both out of the race....but to leave one in and claim the other isn't capable.......meh -- that's the problem with our politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies