Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump announce tonight that:
He is running for President in 2024 as a Republican 66 75.00%
He is not running in 2024, and he will endorse Ron DeSantis 5 5.68%
He will form a 3rd part, and run for Pre3sident in 2024 under that 12 13.64%
None of the above 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 06:49 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,767,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
As an independent, as of now I think Mike Pence would be the best choice of the candidate’s on both sides.
I agree. I love Pence. He is a good man and incredibly bright. He can't be rattled and he doesn't have to beat his chest and hurl insults to get people's attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 06:50 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh, team blue is hardly innocent either - I agree. And Biden made an awful mess getting us out of Afghanistan the way he did. That was just shameful.

However, when it comes to the current war de jour, I blame Putin. The Democrats did not invade Ukraine. Yes, we are sending all sorts of weapons to Ukraine. Why not? The Defense Industry gets to make piles of money and they can try out new toys without involving a single member of our own military in the exercise. What's not to love?

Plus, I like the Ukrainians. I think they are showing a lot of spunk and fighting hard for their country.
Ukrainian leadership is as bad as Russian leadership.

They are both corrupt as hell. There are no good guys in this fight.

Putin invading Ukraine is a direct result of Biden being elected. Putin knew Biden would not stop him. Why would he? Ukraine is one of the countries where the Biden crime family made big bucks and Biden admitted on video that he threatened Ukraine with withholding billions if they did not stop investigating him and his son when he was VP.

BTW - Biden is LOVING this invasion, as it allows for the destruction of the evidence Ukraine has against him. This is the real world. These are not good people, including Biden.

This is all on Biden and the morons who voted for him. Without Biden as President, Putin would not have invaded Ukraine.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:50 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
I haven’t seen a fact check article on CNN in two years, but day one of Trumps’s announcement, you guessed it, fact checking his speech front and center.

The media manipulation in our election process is out of control.
I didn't listen to his speech, but the first headlines from independent publications were that it was full of falsehoods and exaggerations.

In other words, typical Trump.

Just remember, # ETTD

Old 11-16-2022, 06:51 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
At this point he is a shoo in for the nomination. He will get it just like he did in '16 with a plurality of the total votes.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:52 AM

I think if DeSantis runs, Trump will not get the nomination. In that scenerio, he will run Indy, and take away a lot of the Republican votes ensuring our loss to the dems.

I do think Trump could be reelected only if he runs on a ticket with someone more likeable, like Abbott.

Personally, I would like to see a DeSantis/Abbott ticket, or DeSantis/Pence. Those would be strong tickets.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:54 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
I am surprised that Mr. Trump actually filed and announced. Seems awfully early to become subject to Federal campaign financing laws.

Ronna McDaniel had warned Mr. Trump on November 2nd that if he announced, then the RNC could no longer pay his legal bills.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...nces-2024-run/

I saw where some attendees wished to depart early during the speech, but were prevented from doing so by closed doors with guards.

https://sports.yahoo.com/security-ap...063447015.html

I saw where Fox News cut away from the speech when Mr. Trump went off-script and began his ranting.

The New York Post, another Murdock media, had an interesting front page today: Most of the page concerns a murder, and at the bottom: "Florida Man Makes Announcement", with the story on page 26:

https://nypost.com/cover/november-16-2022/

From what I've read, not a single Republican Congressman attended. Matt Gaetz was suppose to, but he begged off citing the 'weather'.

Not to worry. While Ivanka and Jared were not in attendance, The Pillow Guy and Rudy were.

I see where complain that 'fact checking' Mr. Trump amounts to media bias. The media is biased against lies. That is considered good. I don't see where CNN engaged in any manipulation in their fact-check:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/polit...024/index.html

Anyway, his hat is in the ring. I imagine that multiple Republicans will announce, next summer.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
This is FANTASTIC News for the Democrats! Trump has secured a Democratic Landslide for 2024. I do not think it was a good idea personally. The Republicans MUST choose a non MAGA rising star, or they are doomed. A very poor decision for the Republicans. Sad days.
This is all probably true. I am surprised he can afford to run. Even GOP major donors don't want to touch him.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:59 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,579,381 times
So he is just securing another win for the Dems? Nice job Trumpy.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:00 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,728,554 times
RIP Republican parry 1854 to 2022 welcome MAGA party 2022 to ???

Old 11-16-2022, 07:02 AM

2,005 posts, read 762,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I didn't listen to his speech, but the first headlines from independent publications were that it was full of falsehoods and exaggerations.

In other words, typical Trump.

Just remember, # ETTD
Earth to teddy bear, so is every politicians speeches.

The difference is, some are called out for it and others are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies