Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 05:23 AM

4,549 posts, read 2,274,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It seems like there are frequent threads here quoting mostly right wing media sources that seem to insist that we regular gals are increasingly having what should be our private spaces (bathrooms, showers, etc.) taken over by males claiming to be trans or whatever. I have never encountered anything like that ever even when I leave my rural part of Colorado for the big city. I would never ever put up with something like that. Have any of the women here personally encountered this?
I work at home and don't go places where I would need to take a shower while there. So no. But that certainly does not mean that it does not happen. The woke crowd demanded this and now no one is safe. Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 05:25 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
So the logic behind this thread is if a man's never tried to get in a shower with you we should make it legal for men to get in a shower with you?

Old 11-17-2022, 05:46 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
That's what the women/students are saying every time there's a news report. But it doesn't matter anymore. You'll put up with it whether you like it or not.

We're doomed.

In no way are we doomed:

The media's reporting on this issue is for the most part completely inaccurate and just plain hysterical because they are playing the rating game. Actual news barely gets reported.

American citizens need to quit with this helpless attitude that we have been seeing too much of lately. It is OUR government and if office holders want to keep their jobs, they need to at least listen to us especially at the state and local levels. I have walked into mayor's offices unannounced and requested that they call an official town hall meeting to address my concerns. So far my requests have always been granted. I send blanket emails to every member of my state legislator and once our Governor even included a personal reply.

There is not anything special about me other then all my friends in low places, my stubborn nature and my determination to make Our democracy work. Never ever give up. You may be amazed!

Old 11-17-2022, 05:59 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Bathrooms and dressing rooms, yes.

Not a shower. Yet. but this women has. https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...e-leave-locker
Uhm..we can find examples of "stories" of anything and everything under the sun - the question was about your PERSONAL experience. Get offa google and think about your OWN life. TYVM.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:50 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Here's a thought:

Before the bathroom issue was made into a political statement ... no one had any issues. There were no incidents, no problems. Trans people pooped and peed without incident for billions of years and no one blinked an eye because trans people didn't make an issue out of it.

Today? We have bathroom, locker room and shower issues, and sports teams, scholarships and overnight trip issues. We have men winning female beauty pageants and being chosen to be the face of make up for women (the new Ultra model is a guy pretending to be a girl).

We have men in prison literally saying HEY I'M A WOMAN and getting transferred to female prisons and raping female prisoners.

And what happens to those girls and women who speak up? They are doxxed and canceled. They are told to S T F U. They are threatened with violence. They are attacked. They are called BIGOTS. They need security.

And trans activists are CHEERING it all on. Demanding more "respect"? Are you kidding???

Taking a stand that it's disrespectful and harmful to women isn't bigotry. It's common sense and protective of women.

And anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Well stated.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:53 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It seems like there are frequent threads here quoting mostly right wing media sources that seem to insist that we regular gals are increasingly having what should be our private spaces (bathrooms, showers, etc.) taken over by males claiming to be trans or whatever. I have never encountered anything like that ever even when I leave my rural part of Colorado for the big city. I would never ever put up with something like that. Have any of the women here personally encountered this?
I hit the gym regularly and who knows, not that I’m aware of. But I have been to open gay bars or drag shows where bathrooms are open to all. Close the door n mind your business, nothing happens. Never once been approached by anyone besides a male and I think some just have great fears.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:58 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I hit the gym regularly and who knows, not that I’m aware of. But I have been to open gay bars or drag shows where bathrooms are open to all. Close the door n mind your business, nothing happens. Never once been approached by anyone besides a male and I think some just have great fears.
We spent a lot of time and energy on #metoo and unwanted advances and sexual assaults....and the minute the page turns to the latest political effort women are to blame for having "great fears"?

The crazy-train of double talk where now women, uncomfortable with men in their showers etc. are the irrationally fearful bigots.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:59 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We spent a lot of time and energy on #metoo and unwanted advances and sexual assaults....and the minute the page turns to the latest political effort women are to blame for having "great fears"?

The crazy-train of double talk where now women, uncomfortable with men in their showers etc. are the irrationally fearful bigots.
You got a problem with women not wanting to be treated like sex objects?

Old 11-17-2022, 07:00 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
So the logic behind this thread is if a man's never tried to get in a shower with you we should make it legal for men to get in a shower with you?
Exactly.

Because without allowing this we are all bigots. And the human race is doomed.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:01 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Probably I would have an issue with that, but you're not going to give any other context with your scenario? Are these 15 year old trans gender girls, I guess you're saying? And the fact that they biologically have a penis, is really the whole problem to you? Not their behavior or sexuality or intentions or any of that?

I'm trying to see if we can possibly respect the dignity of human beings. I assume this thread is talking about trans women, who are identifying and living their lives as women, and are just trying to be respected and treated as such. I'm not down with just assuming that any trans person is faking it because they're a predator, because I'm not a bigot, I guess. Even if I was a father of girls, I would try not to also be an ignorant bigot in the process. Surely you can be protective dad, and also avoid being that.

We're in a strange new time, but I don't think having like, no basic respect for trans people's existence or their dignity is the correct answer here.
You are asking why women or young girls feel uncomfortable with a trans girl with a penis showering next to them or being naked in a locker room together but have your asked why trans girls/women with a penis are uncomfortable showering and being naked together with men in a men's locker room?

Last edited by 2mares; 11-17-2022 at 07:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies