Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 11:35 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Interesting that no one ever talks about women going into mens bathrooms. I have seen it many a time during my college days at events where the women's bathrooms had lines outside the door and girls would just walk into the guys. Freaked me out the first time I am standing there and a couple girls walked right behind the guys to the stalls. Especially since one of them was my best friends sister/ouch. I have also seen the same thing at events like concerts and sporting events. Men do it and its "pervy" women do it and it's for "convenience" and i am not being sarcastic there I think that analysis is probably correct.
How many trans men (women who think they are men) have asked to be transferred to the male prison?

**crickets**

Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 11:36 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If you have not heard of Lia Thomas, please do more research into how trans ideology and male participation is affecting young women.

Lia Thomas was big news. Many threads on C_D about him, in POC and in Current Events. It's shocking that anyone posting in a trans thread can say they never heard of him.

He's just the tip of the iceberg. Do more trans research.
Sports participation is entirely different. I chose to not spend my time trying to come up with a well reasoned opinion on that. I didn't comment on a thread about that and would not do so.

This thread is asking women a question. I am giving my opinion on that.

Old 11-17-2022, 11:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are transwomen in my work gym and at the gym I used to go to. No big deal. There were even... let me clutch my pearls... lesbians in the showers and changing rooms with be going back to high school!

In college over a decade ago, our restrooms were coed. Men and women shared the same bathroom and shower space. It was fine and significantly less salacious than you'd think.
No one is clutching pearls over showering with lesbians. Lesbians are girls and women and are appropriately using the women’s facilities.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:48 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I had to look her up. If you make your point I will respond.
You say I'm not making a point despite giving you a direct response to your postulating that trans guys wouldn't do that.

You have a strong opinion on a topic that you're woefully informed upon and when presented with information concerning the 2nd most well known trans person in the US doing exactly what you claimed wouldn't be done and a media story that has been in pretty much every news publication in the US...you decide to ignore the information and claim I made no point.

Here you go, ignore this and stay uninformed if you wish.

20.8million hits on the name Lia Thomas.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lia+...client=gws-wiz

Old 11-17-2022, 12:49 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Great breakdown of how progressives use the slippery slope to implement ideology. Otherwise known as:
  • Gaslight
  • Acknowledge
  • Demand
Gaslight is the primo strategy on the progressive side. Act like everyone else is crazy, which is the part of the left's iron law of woke projection: accuse everyone else of what you are actually doing

The etymology of "Satan" by the way traces back to mean "The Accuser" and "The Deceiver"

Old 11-17-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are transwomen in my work gym and at the gym I used to go to. No big deal. There were even... let me clutch my pearls... lesbians in the showers and changing rooms with be going back to high school!

In college over a decade ago, our restrooms were coed. Men and women shared the same bathroom and shower space. It was fine and significantly less salacious than you'd think.
Just to clarify, you have transwomen walking around in the gym locker room and they still had their junk or not?

You showered at those gyms?

Old 11-17-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Sports participation is entirely different. I chose to not spend my time trying to come up with a well reasoned opinion on that. I didn't comment on a thread about that and would not do so.

This thread is asking women a question. I am giving my opinion on that.
The Lia Thomas situation isn't just about sports participation.

She still has a working penis and whatnot and it bothered the swimmers on her team that she would walk around showing the goods. Additionally, she still dated women.

It's almost like hmmmmm, she might not actually be trans.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:22 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I answered the question. I have encountered a grown man in the ladies room. He used that bathroom daily. Many women complained. The police could not do anything because it is legal. I have also been in stores that used to have separate dressing rooms for men and women (women to the right, men to the left) that now just say, go wherever you want. I also got a letter from my kids’ school saying that kids can use the locker rooms, bathrooms that align with their gender identity.

All of this happened within the last year. We’re in the early stages of this becoming more and more and more common. Some of us think girls and women’s privacy and safety is important and something worth speaking up for.

If you haven’t experienced it yet, if you live in a city, you will soon, enough. So will your daughters.
Yet another reason to move to the country. Most large cities are unpleasant to live in nowadays. Fine to visit, shop, etc..., but no place anyone would want to live if they had a choice.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:38 PM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LOL. His analogy is a bit off.
No, actually it was spot on, and pointing out the logical fallacies that plague this forum and that the left cannot even comprehend because they have not a single solitary logical brain cell within their craniums.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:58 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No one is clutching pearls over showering with lesbians. Lesbians are girls and women and are appropriately using the women’s facilities.
That is hilarious. Lesbians, by definition, are attracted to women. But you focus on the trans woman, the majority of whom are NOT attracted to women.

95.2% of trans women are attracted to men. They are not in some random locker room ogling half naked women and children.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...20them%20(p%3D.

Even way back in middle and high school, I have never been in a locker room where I couldn't go into a changing room with a curtain to change. When I go to the gym, there is a locker room with a changing room in it, again with a curtain.

I don't have any desire to change in front of anyone, other than my husband. If I needed to change at work and there wasn't an empty office, I changed in a stall in the bathroom.

There absolutely is clutching of pearls over something that really isn't happening, though it will bolster the argument of those against trans women using the same locker room or bathroom as straight (and lesbian) women if it's claimed that it happened to "me", or at least that's the belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies