Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 07:24 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I asked specially about women being raped by male cell mates, something new that is happening due to rules changing. Do you think women should have to be housed in cells with biological men? Or should bio men be housed elsewhere? Try not to deflect.
I answered the question being locked up not being able to get away from your rapist even a trans rapist is horrific. Not deflecting. You didn’t ask me if I thought trans women should be housed at woman’s prison. I would hope trans people would be held in protective custody or a separate unit all together. Prison make special allowances for lots of inmates due to them being targeted. I also don’t think men should be guards at women’s prison. There’s lots of incidents of guards raping women, impregnating women. Our prison system has lots of problems. As mentioned in California 90 percent of trans women requesting transfer to a female prison are denied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 07:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I answered the question being locked up not being able to get away from your rapist even a trans rapist is horrific. Not deflecting. You didn’t ask me if I thought trans women should be housed at woman’s prison. I would hope trans people would be held in protective custody or a separate unit all together. Prison make special allowances for lots of inmates due to them being targeted. I also don’t think men should be guards at women’s prison. There’s lots of incidents of guards raping women, impregnating women. Our prison system has lots of problems. As mentioned in California 90 percent of trans women requesting transfer to a female prison are denied.
We agree on this. I also don’t think men should be guards in women’s prisons and don’t think men should be housed with women either.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:43 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’ll invade this thread not meant for me as a man.

Neither my wife or I have any stories of the sort the OP was asking about, but then neither of us are really hung up on mixed gender nudity. Nudity for us ≠ sexual anything, and it’s fairly obvious where just not wearing clothes crosses the line over to lecherous behavior. We first had that conversation while watching Starship Troopers’ shower scene, lol.

Americans are almost uniquely weird about nudity, and I think that prompts a lot of the weirdness surrounding it, including the implication that mixed gender nudity HAS to be inherently sexual.
Yes. This exactly.

Who cares? I don't stare at other women's junk in a locker room. I don't stare at other women's boobs on a topless beach. And if I did catch a peek, it's just bodies.

Americans are inherently squeamish about this.

Nudity is one thing.

Assaulting people is something else altogether, and has no basis in nudity. It has basis in violence.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Right. It's about violence. Females also rape females in female prisons. Perhaps because, let's just speculate - incarcerated persons in state prisons have a propensity to violence?

A couple of transwomen thrown into the mix are just as likely to be victims as perpetrators.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:55 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes. This exactly.

Who cares? I don't stare at other women's junk in a locker room. I don't stare at other women's boobs on a topless beach. And if I did catch a peek, it's just bodies.

Nudity is one thing.

Assaulting people is something else altogether, and has no basis in nudity. It has basis in violence.
Excellent, covered some things I didn’t address about violence, but YES! THANK YOU!!!!! Bodies are just bodies. If one takes seeing a body in a different direction, then the problem isn’t being naked, it’s how that person deals with other people.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It’s possible to care about rape and violence as a whole in prison and also care about women being raped by their cellmates in prison.

Since this thread is about trans women (men) in women’s spaces, can you comment on how you feel about women trapped behind bars with men who are stronger then them and who rape them? They can’t escape. What are your thoughts on what these women are dealing with?
Of course it’s possible. Please point us to all the other threads where you’ve championed the rights and concerns about convicted female felons to not be harmed by other convicted female felons.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Yes. This exactly.

Nudity is one thing.

And male on female violence is why we have had segregated spaces like bathrooms, locker rooms etc. up until very recently.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Right. It's about violence. Females also rape females in female prisons. Perhaps because, let's just speculate - incarcerated persons in state prisons have a propensity to violence?

A couple of transwomen thrown into the mix are just as likely to be victims as perpetrators.
Nearly 99% of perpetrators of sexual violence are men.
https://supportingsurvivors.humboldt...is%20US%20Dept.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Of course it’s possible. Please point us to all the other threads where you’ve championed the rights and concerns about convicted female felons to not be harmed by other convicted female felons.
Feel free to start one since you have not already.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
And male on female violence is why we have had segregated spaces like bathrooms, locker rooms etc. up until very recently.
How many everyday women have been violently assaulted by non trans men, in the street or anywhere else for that matter, in comparison with transgender women attacking everyday women in locker rooms or bathrooms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies