Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 12:46 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Try not to assume what I mean. You asked why trans women don’t use men’s facilities. Gay men especially effeminate gay men and trans women are targeted by violent people. A trans woman exposes herself to that likelihood more in a mens room than a woman’s room. You worry about trans women attacking women in the ladies room it isn’t a stretch to understand how a trans woman could be a victim of violence in a men’s room. A family or gender neutral individual facility is probably the best way to go.
When you say that effeminate gay men and trans women are targeted by by violent people, (so are women), why are violent people only targeting them in the men’s room and not the women’s room?

I think most sane people agree that a single stall unisex bathroom would be the best solution but the modern day trans movement does not accept that. They want full access to women’’s facilities. They call that solution transphobic. They call us bigots for suggesting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 12:46 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Is it about modesty or is it about violence?

So how much higher, what are the statistics of women being assaulted by transwomen in women's locker rooms/restrooms vs trans women being attacked by men in men's locker rooms/restrooms. Are there any?
I tried to find this out yesterday. Lots of reports of trans women being attacked. Not nearly as much reported on women being attacked by trans women. Hard to say from my research. But if you believe women are generally less prone to violence as men it’s the trans woman who is in more jeopardy from men than women from trans women. Either way it’s not good.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Is it about modesty or is it about violence?

So how much higher, what are the statistics of women being assaulted by transwomen in women's locker rooms/restrooms vs trans women being attacked by men in men's locker rooms/restrooms. Are there any?
trans woman are men. A percentage of men are sexually violent towards women. Trans woman are no exception to this rule.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:56 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
If as a female, I wanted to share facilities with men, I'd use the men's facilities.

I highly suggest every woman that wants to share spaces with men, just start using the male facilities RIGHT NOW.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:01 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If as a female, I wanted to share facilities with men, I'd use the men's facilities.

I highly suggest every woman that wants to share spaces with men, just start using the male facilities RIGHT NOW.

Let us know how it goes.
Many women use the men’s room when line is too long in the ladies room at bars, concerts and sporting events. It isn’t unusual.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:22 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I tried to find this out yesterday. Lots of reports of trans women being attacked. Not nearly as much reported on women being attacked by trans women. Hard to say from my research. But if you believe women are generally less prone to violence as men it’s the trans woman who is in more jeopardy from men than women from trans women. Either way it’s not good.
That makes sense. Doing a real quick search, I couldn't really find any stats.

Personally, I'm not concerned about violence from trans women. I think a predator is going to be a predator regardless of gender or what gender they identify as or which facility they use.

It is the modesty issue of locker rooms that gives me pause (not that I have to worry about it). Of course, I live in an area where trannys are not commonplace.

I accidentally went into the wrong restroom in the WalMart a few years back. It didnt have urinals and had a flower arrangement and what I assumed was a tampon machine. There was a person in a stall doing their business and I went into a stall for a quick pee. We came out about the same time and it was a man in the other stall. We both looked at one another in shock and disbelief for what seemed like forever then looked away not to make eye contact again. I was thinking, what is this man doing in the women's restroom. He was probably thinking there's a trans in the men's restroom. Sure enough when I got out and looked there was a male stick figure on the restroom I used. I was very embarrassed, but no one died.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:25 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
trans woman are men. A percentage of men are sexually violent towards women. Trans woman are no exception to this rule.
Ok, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my question.

Personally, I do not live my life in fear of others, men or women.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
That makes sense. Doing a real quick search, I couldn't really find any stats.

Personally, I'm not concerned about violence from trans women. I think a predator is going to be a predator regardless of gender or what gender they identify as or which facility they use.

It is the modesty issue of locker rooms that gives me pause (not that I have to worry about it). Of course, I live in an area where trannys are not commonplace.

I accidentally went into the wrong restroom in the WalMart a few years back. It didnt have urinals and had a flower arrangement and what I assumed was a tampon machine. There was a person in a stall doing their business and I went into a stall for a quick pee. We came out about the same time and it was a man in the other stall. We both looked at one another in shock and disbelief for what seemed like forever then looked away not to make eye contact again. I was thinking, what is this man doing in the women's restroom. He was probably thinking there's a trans in the men's restroom. Sure enough when I got out and looked there was a male stick figure on the restroom I used. I was very embarrassed, but no one died.
You understand that men in a woman's restroom are out of place. It's a safety issue

Now, if a man is in a women's restroom and she doesn't like it, she's a bigot. Even if he is wearing "man clothes." He can just say, I feel like a woman. And he can stay in there ALL DAY.

The door is now open for every man. No questions allowed. No concerns allowed. S T F U and change your tampon next to a man pooping.

Explain why.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Ok, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my question.

Personally, I do not live my life in fear of others, men or women.
What would you say to a woman who has been sexually abused? Raped? Domestic violence?

Tell them to S T F U?

Any concerns for their comfort and safety?

Old 11-18-2022, 01:52 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I also got a letter from my kids’ school saying that kids can use the locker rooms, bathrooms that align with their gender identity.
Wait, what? A boy that says he is a girl and vice versa does not make it so. I don't care, how one "identifies". That is not the problem. But a human with a penis is a male and a human with a vagina is a female. This is basic biology. Breast implants and penis amputations don't change this.

Schools are really allowing this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies