Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 10:36 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Just to address the P.S. as it’s been mentioned before not knowing the name Lia Thomas must mean you’re uninformed. It does not. One can forget a specific name of a person who caused a controversy, especially one that was a small ripple compared to other events in the news for longer periods. I’m sure I could post names of people who’ve hit the news that many wouldn’t know.
Small ripple. Come on, let's come clean here.

They're the 2nd most famous trans in the US after Kaitlyn Jenner and are the literal poster child for transwomen in womens sports.

....and they've been in pretty much every major publication short of Guns & Ammo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 10:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Really good questions. This just didn’t suddenly explode organically. Who is pushing it and why? Also why are women who are supposedly feminists so supportive of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I didn't have a choice to vote in the poll since I'm a male but let me chime in here.

WHO is pushing this crap on us? Transgendered people are a tiny fraction of our society that has always been there and guess what they have quietly been using the bathrooms of their choosing and it has been odd but it has usually been under the radar.

Today we have people screaming and demanding that biological males that think they are females be allowed into bathrooms, locker rooms and into female sports at every level.

Who is championing for this fraction and demanding that the majority bow down to them?

Those responsible for this nonsense are members of the Left but what is odd is that these same people have been screaming about women's Rights for years.
Women deserve Equality. They also deserve to have some privacy in their bathrooms and locker rooms and showers.

We all know that when Laws are made there are loopholes that people will exploit. It is just plain wrong that a man can go into the ladies room and the women can be made to feel uncomfortable by this perverted lurker and there is nothing that can be done.

We are seeing an assault from the Left on our Kids and the Boys and Girls to accept this nonsense as normal. Why?

Old 11-19-2022, 10:37 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

They're the 2nd most famous trans in the US after Kaitlyn Jenner and are the literal poster child for transwomen in womens sports.

....and they've been in pretty much every major publication short of Guns & Ammo.
You can know about the event, doesn’t mean you necessarily remember the name.

Old 11-19-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
You can know about the event, doesn’t mean you necessarily remember the name.
That poster didn’t know who Lia was nor did they know about what he did.

Old 11-19-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:

As far as being the second most famous that’s debatable. I’d say Billy Porter beats Liain that dept hands down

Old 11-19-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That poster didn’t know who Lia was nor did they know about what he did.
A simple Google search will tell you who a person is. Lots of people have heard of an event but don’t remember the person’s name. Doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion.

Old 11-19-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
A simple Google search will tell you who a person is. Lots of people have heard of an event but don’t remember the person’s name. Doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion.
I know. That person had to google but hadn’t heard of Lia or the controversy before.

Old 11-19-2022, 10:55 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
I have not personally.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:02 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Just to address the P.S. as it’s been mentioned before not knowing the name Lia Thomas must mean you’re uninformed. It does not. One can forget a specific name of a person who caused a controversy, especially one that was a small ripple compared to other events in the news for longer periods. I’m sure I could post names of people who’ve hit the news that many wouldn’t know.
I purposely don't get involved or read about these current events hottest topic issues. It seems like there is always some slant to it. I will look at evidence of someone presents it to me. That's how I prefer to do it as I know I'm not immune against bring sucked into a narrative.

Plus, that wasn't really wasn't what the thread was about. I actually have no opinion of the transgender sports issue.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:03 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Well it's disproportionately black men doing the attacking and black trans being killed. This is not surprising given that the FBI hate crime stats for attacks on gay men is also like 6-1 disproportionate when looking at racial groups.

But it's like the Asian hate crime task force in NYC that won't release attacker data. Nobody in the mainstream really wants to come out and say whom is doing most of the attacking, but they obliquely refer to it by saying things like "not wanting to inflame tensions between minority groups" or just pointing out the most common victims.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transge...safety-report/

The trans community however is not putting bread around that BS and calling it a sandwich.

https://translash.org/confronting-bl...ave-our-lives/
There was a transgender murder near me a few years ago. The HRC has it as a hate crime.

The murderer was the transgenders 'wife.' Both were MTF transgenders. They lived together and told people they were married. How can that be a hate crime? If a black person kills another black person is that a hate crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies