Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 03:26 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Go badger someone else. My post was quite clear, and doesn’t require clarification.
Well, we agree on that.

Because your post is anti-women, and that's exactly how I read it. You see no need to clarify your accusation that the girls probably have no issue at all changing with a man who dates women in their locker room and didn't mean what they said.

As you were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 03:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Again, “but ok fair enough, they should be heard and not dismissed”.

Soz I’m not in lockstep with the pair of ya. Well not really. I’m surprised neither of you bothered quoting the rest of my post. I wonder why that is?
I quoted the part that I wanted to respond to. It’s pretty common of people to do that here on CD.

Old 11-19-2022, 03:48 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/teamma...er-lia-thomas/

The problem is, women who are uncomfortable are not being heard. They are being told to put their feelings aside to accommodate the feelings of men who wish to be women.

If men want to wear makeup and dresses, I really don’t care as it is their choice and has no impact on me. When they start demanding access to female spaces, I draw the line. I will always stand with women over men who want to be women because I’m a woman and the mother of girls.

Tolerating this is a bad idea.
Agreed. I hope this situation cause some people who have had trouble understanding what the Women's march was about gain some insight.

Old 11-19-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Agreed. I hope this situation cause some people who have had trouble understanding what the Women's march was about gain some insight.
The Women’s March organizers call women who speak up about this issue bigots and TERF’s. They have not taken the side of women on this issue. Not at all.

Old 11-19-2022, 03:53 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
I quoted the part that I wanted to respond to. It’s pretty common of people to do that here on CD.
Is it? It’s also pretty common to snip posts so one part is out of context, in order to misrepresent the person you’re quoting in some fashion.

One can quote an entire post and bold the part they’re responding to. Which keeps the context and intent of a poster’s POV. That’s also quite common here on CD.

Old 11-19-2022, 03:55 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
The Women’s March organizers call women who speak up about this issue bigots and TERF’s. They have not taken the side of women on this issue. Not at all.
So the women's march was about what in your mind?

Old 11-19-2022, 03:57 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, we agree on that.

Because your post is anti-women, and that's exactly how I read it. You see no need to clarify your accusation that the girls probably have no issue at all changing with a man who dates women in their locker room and didn't mean what they said.

As you were.
None of my post was “anti women”. To the contrary. Good lawd you have an active imagination.

Old 11-19-2022, 04:01 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
A man would be sorry if he walked in on my 13 year old granddaughter. She won a state title in gymnastics at 11, competed at the nationals. And then she quit when they started making her compete against boys. So she would kick the crap out of a man who walked in on her. She has been weightlifting and can dead lift 400 lbs.

Old 11-19-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So the women's march was about what in your mind?
At the time I thought it was about supporting and protecting women’s rights. Now they seem to support men who want to be women over women. It’s very strange.

What was it about in your mind?

Are you a man or a woman or non binary?

Old 11-19-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Is it? It’s also pretty common to snip posts so one part is out of context, in order to misrepresent the person you’re quoting in some fashion.

One can quote an entire post and bold the part they’re responding to. Which keeps the context and intent of a poster’s POV. That’s also quite common here on CD.
Yes, it is very common. Sorry you’re getting so upset over how people post. You seem more upset abut this very common posting style then about women experiencing discomfort and concerns over sharing women’s facilities with men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies