Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 03:49 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
My stance on this is that students who are (usually by default) not transitioned, should use unisex facilities. Asking more than that is tone deaf and inappropriate, as all people deserve the right to safety and privacy.

Non transitioned bio males should not compete in women’s sports.

No one should be punished for expressing their opinion.

Extremists do NO ONE any favours. Especially not other gender non conforming people who just want to live a safe life.
Asking non transitioned students to use unisex facilities, asking them to stick to the sport of their bio sex earns you the title of TERF and Bigot and an extremist in today’s world. Congrats! You’ve been fighting with me at every opportunity even though my position on these issues is the same. Very weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 03:50 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Does that mean you don’t care about anything because you did imply that those of us who have not started a thread about incarcerated women must not care?

I’m so glad you approve and so glad you will be watching me to see if I continue to meet your approval.
I never said anything about starting threads, that’s your current obsession.

I said, I’ve never seen you express concern for women being sexually assaulted in prison unless it’s by transgender inmates.

So again, I’m glad you’re concerned about all the other ways they’re abused, and I look forward to your continued advocacy on their behalf. It’s admirable to advocate for the protection of vulnerable women no matter where they are or what they may have done.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:55 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
This 14 year old girl was suspended for sharing that she was uncomfortable with a boy in the locker room which the girls were changing. Her Dad was suspended from his job as a soccer coach for “misgendering” the same boy. Why don’t the girls feelings matter at all?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bathroom.html
Anyone who feels uncomfortable absolutely has a right to not only to speak up but be heard.

https://youtu.be/flIM3AUyQ3A

Old 11-18-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I never said anything about starting threads, that’s your current obsession.

I said, I’ve never seen you express concern for women being sexually assaulted in prison unless it’s by transgender inmates.

So again, I’m glad you’re concerned about all the other ways they’re abused, and I look forward to your continued advocacy on their behalf. It’s admirable to advocate for the protection of vulnerable women no matter where they are or what they may have done.
I haven’t seen you express that concern either until this thread. Very weird.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Asking non transitioned students to use unisex facilities, asking them to stick to the sport of their bio sex earns you the title of TERF and Bigot and an extremist in today’s world. Congrats! You’ve been fighting with me at every opportunity even though my position on these issues is the same. Very weird.
You assume an awful lot and don’t actually listen.

I express my opinion. Which is nuanced and not straight down the line in many of these circumstances, and at odds with some of yours.

I think some things are appropriate and some aren’t. I’m not a hardliner, I think there’s two sides that deserve consideration. In depends, in other words.

This is a discussion forum. I’m discussing. That’s what we do here.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I haven’t seen you express that concern either until this thread. Very weird.
Not weird at all. I’m not using these women’s pain to further my anti trans agenda. That’s what I object to.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:03 PM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
The whole thread is absurd - the majority of women would feel uncomfortable having a male - be they a reg male or transgender in their dressing areas, bathroom ect. Due to the climate in today's society it could ne more prevalent than in the past. People up to no good could very well use the trans argument to access women's locker rooms and bathrooms making it a concern for women. Who ever doesn't understand that is a fool.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Not weird at all. I’m not using these women’s pain to further my anti trans agenda. That’s what I object to.
Who’s pain am I using? Please clarify this odd statement. I’m a woman who has my own experiences.

Are you saying I can’t speak for women in jail who are being raped because I am not one of them?

You’re more outraged at me for having an opinion you don’t like than you are about women being put in increased danger due to these types of policies and laws that allow increased access to women’s facilities to men.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The whole thread is absurd - the majority of women would feel uncomfortable having a male - be they a reg male or transgender in their dressing areas, bathroom ect. Due to the climate in today's society it could ne more prevalent than in the past. People up to no good could very well use the trans argument to access women's locker rooms and bathrooms making it a concern for women. Who ever doesn't understand that is a fool.
You’re right, the majority would feel very uncomfortable if they experienced this but they won’t admit it. That would make them a bigot or a transphobe and quite frankly, a bad liberal.. They enjoy looking down at those of us who have expressed concern. We are worthy of their scorn. All because we care about women’s rights to privacy and safety.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:16 PM

276 posts, read 146,254 times
Quote:
Who’s pain am I using? Please clarify this odd statement. I’m a woman who has my own experiences.

Are you saying I can’t speak for women in jail who are being raped because I am not one of them?

You’re more outraged at me for having an opinion you don’t like than you are about women being put in increased danger due to these types of policies and laws that allow increased access to women’s facilities to men.
It's pointless. They speak in circles. The levels of cognitive dissonance won't really let them see or think clearly. They cannot directly counter any argument with logic and reason so they go off on some nonsensical rant about unrelated topics or just repeat the same talking points over and over again. You can't have a real discussion with people like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies