Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 02:21 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Wait, what? A boy that says he is a girl and vice versa does not make it so. I don't care, how one "identifies". That is not the problem. But a human with a penis is a male and a human with a vagina is a female. This is basic biology. Breast implants and penis amputations don't change this.

Schools are really allowing this?
Yes.

Not too long ago the Biden administration put out the message that schools who do not allow access based on gender identity would risk losing school lunch funding. My kids’ district has a high free and reduced rate so I suspect that has something to do with the timing of the letter coming out this year. Nothing has been passed into law as far as I know but it is coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my question.

Personally, I do not live my life in fear of others, men or women.
According to surveys, most women take precautions daily to avoid becoming victims of assault, including sexual assault. This includes things like not walking alone at night, not going to a strangers house alone, not walking down an alley alone, etc.

Being cautious is something most women do, instinctually. It’s not the same thing as “living in fear”. It’s a human survival instinct. Men do not take precautions like these at similar rates because they are less likely be victimized and more equipped to defend themselves if they are.

Now these same women will have to give up the few private spaces they have left all to accommodate men. You’re very vulnerable when you’re unclothed or partially unclothed and it’s not ok to put this burden on women and girls.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:53 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A lot of us cared about incarcerated women prior to this. You act like people don’t care about things unless they have posted a thread about them on CD. It’s a ridiculous argument on your part.
I’m glad you cared about female inmates. Because violent sexual assault, extortion for sexual favours, rampant invasion of intimate privacy, are perpetrated against female inmates at an alarming rate by both staff and other inmates. The very low instances of transgender women perpetrating violence against other inmates, while obviously unacceptable, pales into insignificance to the ongoing brutality rife already.

And you’ll have to forgive me, but I don’t see a lot of advocates nor sympathy for the women suffering such on this board, unless it’s the very rare incidence of transgender aggression.

The other reality of course is that transgender women in any situation are at far more risk than they pose. Outliers excepted.

Quote:
You’re right that more women have been raped over the years by male prison staff then trans inmates but it’s because trans inmates have just stared being allowed in women’s prisons. It’s going to get a lot worse.
Is it though? It’s pretty bad already. I don’t think violent offenders of any gender should be housed with non violent offenders. I think prisons should stop covering for their violent staff. Stats are that women are assaulted in custody to a much greater degree than men, but because prisons don’t take female in female rape as seriously, it continues unabated.

Quote:
I don’t know why anyone would be in favor of increasing rape in prison unless they are already ok with rape in prison. That is what you are supporting.
That’s quite the leap. I’m not supporting any such thing. I don’t know why anyone would be in favour either. The reality is that transgender women are at far more risk in men’s prisons, and that women in prison are at far more risk from prison staff and other female inmates. The only way to decrease rape in prison is to actively discipline and prosecute offenses by staff against inmates, and to stop housing violent inmates with non violent inmates.

If you’re seriously that concerned about women’s safety in prison, you’d be better off starting there than going after transgender inmates, who are statistically in far more danger.

Quote:
You’re also in favor of increasing opportunities or sexual predators by supporting allowing men access in places where women and girls are more vulnerable such as locker rooms and bathrooms. You’re supporting decreased opportunities for women and girls due to unfair advantage that males have in sports.
Again, I’m not “in favour” of nor “supporting” any such thing. You might want to check back on some of my posts about sports - which is not the subject of this thread - you may be surprised.

I’m not “in favour” of anyone being assaulted anywhere. Assault is against the law and against my personal moral code. ANYONE that takes an opportunity to assault anyone, anywhere, should be prosecuted to the full extent.

Quote:
You seem to think that all trans woman are just wonderful, lovey nice people wanting to be accepted as women. Some have gender dysphoria, some will fake it for access, some have fetishes. Assuming they are al lovely harmless people is delusional and it puts women in girls in unsafe, uncomfortable and unfair positions.
I “seem to think”? I’ve never indicated any such thing. Unfortunately, all human beings have the potential to be less than ideal people. Talk about assumptions.

Quote:
The modern day gender ideology push is the most misogynistic thing I’ve ever seen.
Really? Wow.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I’m glad you cared about female inmates. Because violent sexual assault, extortion for sexual favours, rampant invasion of intimate privacy, are perpetrated against female inmates at an alarming rate by both staff and other inmates. The very low instances of transgender women perpetrating violence against other inmates, while obviously unacceptable, pales into insignificance to the ongoing brutality rife already.

And you’ll have to forgive me, but I don’t see a lot of advocates nor sympathy for the women suffering such on this board, unless it’s the very rare incidence of transgender aggression.

The other reality of course is that transgender women in any situation are at far more risk than they pose. Outliers excepted.

Is it though? It’s pretty bad already. I don’t think violent offenders of any gender should be housed with non violent offenders. I think prisons should stop covering for their violent staff. Stats are that women are assaulted in custody to a much greater degree than men, but because prisons don’t take female in female rape as seriously, it continues unabated.

That’s quite the leap. I’m not supporting any such thing. I don’t know why anyone would be in favour either. The reality is that transgender women are at far more risk in men’s prisons, and that women in prison are at far more risk from prison staff and other female inmates. The only way to decrease rape in prison is to actively discipline and prosecute offenses by staff against inmates, and to stop housing violent inmates with non violent inmates.

If you’re seriously that concerned about women’s safety in prison, you’d be better off starting there than going after transgender inmates, who are statistically in far more danger.

Again, I’m not “in favour” of nor “supporting” any such thing. You might want to check back on some of my posts about sports - which is not the subject of this thread - you may be surprised.

I’m not “in favour” of anyone being assaulted anywhere. Assault is against the law and against my personal moral code. ANYONE that takes an opportunity to assault anyone, anywhere, should be prosecuted to the full extent.

I “seem to think”? I’ve never indicated any such thing. Unfortunately, all human beings have the potential to be less than ideal people. Talk about assumptions.

Really? Wow.
Can you point me to the threads you started about women being in danger in prisons since that is clearly the only sign that anyone cares, starting a thread about an issue on CD. Thanks in advance.

As you your last question. Yes. Really. 100%

Old 11-18-2022, 03:04 PM

This 14 year old girl was suspended for sharing that she was uncomfortable with a boy in the locker room which the girls were changing. Her Dad was suspended from his job as a soccer coach for “misgendering” the same boy. Why don’t the girls feelings matter at all?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bathroom.html

Old 11-18-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Can you point me to the threads you started about women being in danger in prisons since that is clearly the only sign that anyone cares, starting a thread about an issue on CD. Thanks in advance.

As you your last question. Yes. Really. 100%
As I don’t start threads, that would be impossible.

Anyway, your concern for incarcerated women and their well being is noted and admirable. They are proportionately in way more peril from staff and other female inmates, so I look forward to your continued advocacy on their behalf.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:26 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
This 14 year old girl was suspended for sharing that she was uncomfortable with a boy in the locker room which the girls were changing. Her Dad was suspended from his job as a soccer coach for “misgendering” the same boy. Why don’t the girls feelings matter at all?

Now kids can't even state they are uncomfortable with a boy in the girls bathroom?

The world has gone crazy.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:

My stance on this is that students who are (usually by default) not transitioned, should use unisex facilities. Asking more than that is tone deaf and inappropriate, as all people deserve the right to safety and privacy.

Non transitioned bio males should not compete in women’s sports.

No one should be punished for expressing their opinion.

Extremists do NO ONE any favours. Especially not other gender non conforming people who just want to live a safe life.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
As I don’t start threads, that would be impossible.
Does that mean you don’t care about anything because you did imply that those of us who have not started a thread about incarcerated women must not care?

Quote:
Anyway, your concern for incarcerated women and their well being is noted and admirable. They are proportionately in way more peril from staff and other female inmates, so I look forward to your continued advocacy on their behalf.
I’m so glad you approve and so glad you will be watching me to see if I continue to meet your approval.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Now kids can't even state they are uncomfortable with a boy in the girls bathroom?

The world has gone crazy.
Yes. It is crazy. In the overzealous effort to make trans women feel comfortable, we made a whole bunch of other people, girls and women mostly, very uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies