Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 06:41 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,012,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The YMCA of my youth had a big shower room where all of the girls and women showered together. Not common today but getting completely naked puts one in a vulnerable state and coming out of a shower stall and seeing a naked man outside would be really disconcerting to say the least. Men are allowed in our locker rooms now so it’s not far fetched that this will be happening with greater frequency.

Just like women in prisons are being raped by their trans cellmates.

Most people love family changing rooms. No one is talking about those. The Tran movement does not nat to use those. They want full access. We’re talking about men in the women’s locker rooms.
To address women in prison being raped by trans it seems the only time it’s a concern is in anti trans threads. I’ve never noticed a thread on CD on prison violence, rapes, in men or women’s prison by either guards or other inmates. I’ve just read in California 90 percent of trans women asking to be transferred to a woman’s prison are denied. It’s probably similar across all states. Women as well as men prisoners are exposed to and often are victims of beatings and rapes from guards and other prisoners no matter how they identify. Prison is a violent place. Singling out trans aggression towards others is a small percentage in the overall violence committed by prisoners and guards on other prisoners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 06:48 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Can explain why it is so important to you that men change naked next to women and children in a locker room, and that young men and adult men must be around and allowed to watch all women, young girls, and children in various changes of undress in a locker room?

Why is so incredibly important to men that women have their private spaces invaded?

I'd like a logical, factual, unemotional answer that addresses female safety and minor children issues.

[In another thread, you were clear that having sex toys around children is OK. Just seeing if you have a line, where it is.]
Well, progressives love hair sniffing, nipple twisting Biden, so………

Old 11-17-2022, 06:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
To address women in prison being raped by trans it seems the only time it’s a concern is in anti trans threads. I’ve never noticed a thread on CD on prison violence, rapes, in men or women’s prison by either guards or other inmates. I’ve just read in California 90 percent of trans women asking to be transferred to a woman’s prison are denied. It’s probably similar across all states. Women as well as men prisoners are exposed to and often are victims of beatings and rapes from guards and other prisoners no matter how they identify. Prison is a violent place. Singling out trans aggression towards others is a small percentage in the overall violence committed by prisoners and guards on other prisoners.
It’s possible to care about rape and violence as a whole in prison and also care about women being raped by their cellmates in prison.

Since this thread is about trans women (men) in women’s spaces, can you comment on how you feel about women trapped behind bars with men who are stronger then them and who rape them? They can’t escape. What are your thoughts on what these women are dealing with?

Old 11-17-2022, 06:53 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Can explain why it is so important to you that men change naked next to women and children in a locker room, and that young men and adult men must be around and allowed to watch all women, young girls, and children in various changes of undress in a locker room?

Why is so incredibly important to men that women have their private spaces invaded?

I'd like a logical, factual, unemotional answer that addresses female safety and minor children issues.

[In another thread, you were clear that having sex toys around children is OK. Just seeing if you have a line, where it is.]
I agree that we should all have our locker room privacy respected, but I'm a man and expect some sort of consistency in the way rules are applied.

I would like males to stay out of female locker rooms and females to stay out of male locker rooms.

Females don't see it that way (some of the time).

https://time.com/4061122/ludtke-kuhn-jaguars-colts/

Sometimes you get what you go looking for.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s possible to care about rape and violence as a whole in prison and also care about women being raped by their cellmates in prison.

Since this thread is about trans women (men) in women’s spaces, can you comment on how you feel about women trapped behind bars with men who are stronger then them and who rape them? They can’t escape. What are your thoughts on what these women are dealing with?
Rapes against anyone committed by anyone are horrible. Especially horrible in prison when it’s committed by guards who have authority over you. Or by people who are stronger than you. Be that a trans person or others. That goes for men being raped by other men.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:01 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’ll invade this thread not meant for me as a man.

Neither my wife or I have any stories of the sort the OP was asking about, but then neither of us are really hung up on mixed gender nudity. Nudity for us ≠ sexual anything, and it’s fairly obvious where just not wearing clothes crosses the line over to lecherous behavior. We first had that conversation while watching Starship Troopers’ shower scene, lol.

Americans are almost uniquely weird about nudity, and I think that prompts a lot of the weirdness surrounding it, including the implication that mixed gender nudity HAS to be inherently sexual.
Actually, I have no problem with a man (men) who would like to make a comment of their own. That why I threw in option 5 in my poll. There are any number of hot springs in my part of Colorado. Most are nude only, but some do allow the option of swimsuits for the more modest among us. Also, I would estimate that just about every single hotspring within about a hundred mile radius of my town bar solitary males who arrive with no woman to keep them in line. If a guy has a big fight with his GF on the way, too bad for him. However, single women - especially those who arrive with one or two others of their female friends are waved right through the gate without hesitation. Interesting, eh?

For the record, I would not go to one of those hot springs without a male companion even though I'd be allowed to. Just too much of a potential nuisance if you hit a spring when the wrong sort of crowd is there.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Rapes against anyone committed by anyone are horrible. Especially horrible in prison when it’s committed by guards who have authority over you. Or by people who are stronger than you. Be that a trans person or others. That goes for men being raped by other men.
I asked specially about women being raped by male cell mates, something new that is happening due to rules changing. Do you think women should have to be housed in cells with biological men? Or should bio men be housed elsewhere? Try not to deflect.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:06 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’ll invade this thread not meant for me as a man.

Neither my wife or I have any stories of the sort the OP was asking about, but then neither of us are really hung up on mixed gender nudity. Nudity for us ≠ sexual anything, and it’s fairly obvious where just not wearing clothes crosses the line over to lecherous behavior. We first had that conversation while watching Starship Troopers’ shower scene, lol.

Americans are almost uniquely weird about nudity, and I think that prompts a lot of the weirdness surrounding it, including the implication that mixed gender nudity HAS to be inherently sexual.
Actually, I have no problem with a man (men) who would like to make a comment of their own. That's why I threw in option 5 in my poll. There are any number of hot springs in my part of Colorado. Most are nude only, but some do allow the option of swimsuits for the more modest among us. Also, I would estimate that just about every single hotspring within about a hundred mile radius of my town bar solitary males who arrive with no woman to keep them in line. If a guy has a big fight with his GF on the way, too bad for him. However, single women - especially those who arrive with one or two others of their female friends are waved right through the gate without hesitation. Interesting, eh?

For the record, I would not go to one of those hot springs without a male companion even though I'd be allowed to do so. Just too much of a potential nuisance if you hit a spring when the wrong sort of crowd is there.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:06 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It seems like there are frequent threads here quoting mostly right wing media sources that seem to insist that we regular gals are increasingly having what should be our private spaces (bathrooms, showers, etc.) taken over by males claiming to be trans or whatever. I have never encountered anything like that ever even when I leave my rural part of Colorado for the big city. I would never ever put up with something like that. Have any of the women here personally encountered this?
It's an urban legend fostered by people who hate the whole multi-gender, pick-a-gender, any-gender, thing. It's fear-mongering in a shameless attempt to score votes.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:18 PM

8,485 posts, read 4,730,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Actually, I have no problem with a man (men) who would like to make a comment of their own. That why I threw in option 5 in my poll. There are any number of hot springs in my part of Colorado. Most are nude only, but some do allow the option of swimsuits for the more modest among us. Also, I would estimate that just about every single hotspring within about a hundred mile radius of my town bar solitary males who arrive with no woman to keep them in line. If a guy has a big fight with his GF on the way, too bad for him. However, single women - especially those who arrive with one or two others of their female friends are waved right through the gate without hesitation. Interesting, eh?

For the record, I would not go to one of those hot springs without a male companion even though I'd be allowed to. Just too much of a potential nuisance if you hit a spring when the wrong sort of crowd is there.
I didn’t vote because we don’t have amazing stories or seek it out, but from a meta kind of perspective, I understand where you’re coming from. I think from a societal perspective, we retain a bit too much from our Puritan origins, and that begets problems like this.

Not that from an evolutionary biology perspective I will ever down the idea that men perpetually seek sex in a way that women don’t, but I think it’s exacerbated here with regards to how we approach nudity and sexuality in this country particularly. We just never got the memo that seeing one of two basic body archetypes meant that anybody had to instantly think of it sexually. As a couple, we do wish we’d quit carrying that anchor as a society.

Back to the direct question, though, no I don’t think anybody has a right to demand inclusion in a setting like you’ve described. Going back to where I think it’s easy to separate the liberated from the lecherous, that kind of demand is a giant red flag.

Last edited by jcp123; 11-17-2022 at 07:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies