Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 02:04 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, actually it was spot on, and pointing out the logical fallacies that plague this forum and that the left cannot even comprehend because they have not a single solitary logical brain cell within their craniums.
If you live anywhere where there are minorities, there is absolutely no way you've never witnessed racism. Maybe you ignored it because it didn't affect you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 02:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
That is hilarious. Lesbians, by definition, are attracted to women. But you focus on the trans woman, the majority of whom are NOT attracted to women.

95.2% of trans women are attracted to men. They are not in some random locker room ogling half naked women and children.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...20them%20(p%3D.

Even way back in middle and high school, I have never been in a locker room where I couldn't go into a changing room with a curtain to change. When I go to the gym, there is a locker room with a changing room in it, again with a curtain.

I don't have any desire to change in front of anyone, other than my husband. If I needed to change at work and there wasn't an empty office, I changed in a stall in the bathroom.

There absolutely is clutching of pearls over something that really isn't happening, though it will bolster the argument of those against trans women using the same locker room or bathroom as straight (and lesbian) women if it's claimed that it happened to "me", or at least that's the belief.
I don’t care if a woman changing next to me is attracted to women. The vast majority of sexual assaults are perpetrated by men. I have little to nothing to fear from another woman. We are of similar physical strength and women are rarely sexual predators of other women.

Your small study is just that, a small random sample. Many trans woman are attracted to women. Many of them are attracted to women and consider themselves to be lesbians. Many of them call lesbians transphobes for not being attracted to them, because they are men.

Old 11-17-2022, 02:57 PM

11,800 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It seems like there are frequent threads here quoting mostly right wing media sources that seem to insist that we regular gals are increasingly having what should be our private spaces (bathrooms, showers, etc.) taken over by males claiming to be trans or whatever. I have never encountered anything like that ever even when I leave my rural part of Colorado for the big city. I would never ever put up with something like that. Have any of the women here personally encountered this?
You may not have encountered it yet but you will probably see it in the future with the way society is and so many being confused as what their gender is. Must be something in their Starbucks.

Old 11-17-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh look -- making up stories again.

All I did was point out that the woman was not asked to share a shower.

Never commented on the merits of the trans person being allowed in the locker room.

You made up a whole story.

I personally think that community facilities should have facilities that are for trans and anyone else and that a facility provide 'safe spaces' --.

I worked for a municipality that had men, women and 'family' change rooms.

In the 'family' change rooms there were privacy cubicles and all showers/toilets were in private cubicles not wide oopen.

But I'm fascinated at your ability to make up stories.
The YMCA of my youth had a big shower room where all of the girls and women showered together. Not common today but getting completely naked puts one in a vulnerable state and coming out of a shower stall and seeing a naked man outside would be really disconcerting to say the least. Men are allowed in our locker rooms now so it’s not far fetched that this will be happening with greater frequency.

Just like women in prisons are being raped by their trans cellmates.

Most people love family changing rooms. No one is talking about those. The Tran movement does not nat to use those. They want full access. We’re talking about men in the women’s locker rooms.

Old 11-17-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don’t care if a woman changing next to me is attracted to women. The vast majority of sexual assaults are perpetrated by men. I have little to nothing to fear from another woman. We are of similar physical strength and women are rarely sexual predators of other women.

Your small study is just that, a small random sample. Many trans woman are attracted to women. Many of them are attracted to women and consider themselves to be lesbians. Many of them call lesbians transphobes for not being attracted to them, because they are men.
Can you provide links to the studies that show that "many" trans women are attracted to women? I mean, since my government link is just a "small random sample". Have you got a larger sample that shows that or are you just making some strange assumptions that because a trans woman was born a male that she would be attracted to women?

Old 11-17-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Can you provide links to the studies that show that "many" trans women are attracted to women? I mean, since my government link is just a "small random sample". Have you got a larger sample that shows that or are you just making some strange assumptions that because a trans woman was born a male that she would be attracted to women?
Quote:
A 2015 survey of roughly 3,000 American trans women showed that at least 60% were attracted to women.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_sexuality

Old 11-17-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So your 2015 survey, from Wikipedia no less, is more accurate than the NIH's study? Do you think the NIH's study asked one question "what gender are you attracted to" and came to their conclusion from the answer to that one question?

Old 11-17-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
So your 2015 survey, from Wikipedia no less, is more accurate than the NIH's study? Do you think the NIH's study asked one question "what gender are you attracted to" and came to their conclusion from the answer to that one question?
Feel free to check the source. It’s referenced. 3000 random respondents seems better than 250 random responses.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:48 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
I’ll invade this thread not meant for me as a man.

Neither my wife or I have any stories of the sort the OP was asking about, but then neither of us are really hung up on mixed gender nudity. Nudity for us ≠ sexual anything, and it’s fairly obvious where just not wearing clothes crosses the line over to lecherous behavior. We first had that conversation while watching Starship Troopers’ shower scene, lol.

Americans are almost uniquely weird about nudity, and I think that prompts a lot of the weirdness surrounding it, including the implication that mixed gender nudity HAS to be inherently sexual.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:50 PM

Speaking of lesbians and trans women. The idea that they are on the same team, fighting the same cause is not based in reality. Lesbians have more in common with other women, who l like themselves, want and need safe spaces free of men.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57853385

Quote:
Is a lesbian transphobic if she does not want to have sex with trans women? Some lesbians say they are increasingly being pressured and coerced into accepting trans women as partners - then shunned and even threatened for speaking out. Several have spoken to the BBC, along with trans women who are concerned about the issue too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies