Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 12:10 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's really simple for me.

If you're trans, then that's not my affair or concern and I wish you no ill-will or whatnot. I'll treat you like anybody else.

However, if you still have your guy parts you shouldn't be in womens prison or in womens showers or locker rooms etc. because then that opens up the ability for predators to claim they are trans in order to gain access with deceit and makes women uncomfortable.

How hard is that?
For the most part I agree, although even if a man chops his his penis, he’s still not a woman. He’s a man who chopped off his penis.

What you say seems like a very reasonable stance yet it’s considered transphobic and bigoted to say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Doesn't sound to me they want to shed that modesty at all. If they truly believed there was nothing wrong with men in women spaces and bodies are just bodies then they would just share their space with men. They just want biological women to shed THEIR modesty and allow them into their space, something they are unwilling to do themselves. The old do as I say not as I do.
Well said. If bodies are just bodies and men pose no threat, these men who want to be women should be 100% OK with continuing to use the men’s facilities.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:22 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
For the most part I agree, although even if a man chops his his penis, he’s still not a woman. He’s a man who chopped off his penis.

What you say seems like a very reasonable stance yet it’s considered transphobic and bigoted to say it.
Public opinion has begun to shift on the topic after a number of high profile events.

Common sense is beginning to return to the discussion.

I personally think that Dave Chappelle surviving cancellation was a watershed moment, kinda like when he did the bit on "Juicy Smoolay" and his hate crime hoax pretty much signaled the all clear and we could mock that without fear of being called racist.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:24 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Well said. If bodies are just bodies and men pose no threat, these men who want to be women should be 100% OK with continuing to use the men’s facilities.
This has been addressed. A higher likelihood of being a victim of violence when a trans woman uses the men’s facility.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:33 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
This has been addressed. A higher likelihood of being a victim of violence when a trans woman uses the men’s facility.
Is it about modesty or is it about violence?

So how much higher, what are the statistics of women being assaulted by transwomen in women's locker rooms/restrooms vs trans women being attacked by men in men's locker rooms/restrooms. Are there any?

Old 11-18-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You’re admitting that sharing a bathroom with men poses a greater danger than sharing a bathroom with women. Allowing men into the women’s facilities puts women in danger. Its not compassionate or logical to solve a problem for one group by harming another group.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Public opinion has begun to shift on the topic after a number of high profile events.

Common sense is beginning to return to the discussion.

I personally think that Dave Chappelle surviving cancellation was a watershed moment, kinda like when he did the bit on "Juicy Smoolay" and his hate crime hoax pretty much signaled the all clear and we could mock that without fear of being called racist.
I wish I could agree with you that the tides are changing and we are returning to a saner place but in the last year alone I’ve encountered a man (not even trying to look like a woman and not just in there using the bathroom in peace) in the women’s restroom and learned that it was 100% legal for him to be there. Laws have already been passed.

I also got a letter from my kids’ school telling us that kids were allowed to choose bathroom, locker rooms and sports based on gender identity, not biological sex.

I also visited a store (major chain) that used to have separate men’s and women’s changing areas and now it’s a free for all.

Systemically, this is becoming more commonplace.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:40 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
You’re admitting that sharing a bathroom with men poses a greater danger than sharing a bathroom with women. Allowing men into the women’s facilities puts women in danger. Its not compassionate or logical to solve a problem for one group by harming another group.
I think every women who is in favor of men in female spaces should show their solidarity.

Start using the mens locker room and bathroom RIGHT NOW.

Go shower in the men's facilities. Walk around in a towel in front of the men. Change a tampon is a bathroom stall next to a man taking a huge poop. Next time you have a business trip, volunteer to share a room with a male colleague.

Show all women how wonderful it is. Be the change you want to subject others to.

Report back after doing this. Let us know how changing in front of men goes.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I think every women who is in favor of men in female spaces should show their solidarity.

Start using the mens locker room and bathroom RIGHT NOW.

Go shower in the men's facilities. Walk around in a towel in front of the men. Change a tampon is a bathroom stall next to a man taking a huge poop. Next time you have a business trip, volunteer to share a room with a male colleague.

Show all women how wonderful it is. Be the change you want to subject others to.

Report back after doing this. Let us know how changing in front of men goes.
I think this is a good idea.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:42 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Try not to assume what I mean. You asked why trans women don’t use men’s facilities. Gay men especially effeminate gay men and trans women are targeted by violent people. A trans woman exposes herself to that likelihood more in a mens room than a woman’s room. You worry about trans women attacking women in the ladies room it isn’t a stretch to understand how a trans woman could be a victim of violence in a men’s room. A family or gender neutral individual facility is probably the best way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies