Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 11:07 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,789,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I purposely don't get involved or read about these current events hottest topic issues. It seems like there is always some slant to it. I will look at evidence of someone presents it to me. That's how I prefer to do it as I know I'm not immune against bring sucked into a narrative.

Plus, that wasn't really wasn't what the thread was about. I actually have no opinion of the transgender sports issue.
Part of the Lia Thomas debacle is the fact that Lia’s teammates were very uncomfortable changing and showering in the same locker room with Lia and were told to just deal with it when they spoke up. It is very much on topic. I think it’s crazy that these young women were forced to share a locker room with this man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 11:21 AM

8,554 posts, read 4,791,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats all fine and good and I dont disagree but do you actually expect just like that we shed hundreds, thousands, of years of modesty, of conditioning that the human body is to be covered, dirty, sexual, embarrassing, a mystery, shameful, private, etc., etc. My goodness we still have many who feel a breastfeeding woman needs to hide her nursing baby and breast under a blanket.
No, I don’t expect anybody to shed that and then their clothing. Just saying that I’m the odd guy looking in at modesty and just can’t figure it all out. I’m just not built that way. Doesn’t mean I’m right or that anybody needs to do as I say, just that I have a hard time understanding what all the fuss is about.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
No, I don’t expect anybody to shed that and then their clothing. Just saying that I’m the odd guy looking in at modesty and just can’t figure it all out. I’m just not built that way. Doesn’t mean I’m right or that anybody needs to do as I say, just that I have a hard time understanding what all the fuss is about.
Women have a long history of reasons for not feeling comfortable or safe getting naked in front of male strangers. There are exceptions of course, but it’s actually very common and normal for most women to not be comfortable getting naked with strange men around them.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,976,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats all fine and good and I dont disagree but do you actually expect just like that we shed hundreds, thousands, of years of modesty, of conditioning that the human body is to be covered, dirty, sexual, embarrassing, a mystery, shameful, private, etc., etc. My goodness we still have many who feel a breastfeeding woman needs to hide her nursing baby and breast under a blanket.
Do you think toilets should be out in the open, next to the gazebo in the park?

Want to sit and breathe next to a loud farter?

Watch someone throwing up in the middle of the store?

Pass by a threesome going to town on each other when you grab a cup of coffee?

There is a time and place for everything.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:29 AM

These women proudly showed off their naked breasts in NYC recently. Everyone should be so bold. https://reduxx.info/nyc-violent-tran...demonstration/

Old 11-19-2022, 11:40 AM

8,554 posts, read 4,791,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We aren’t just bodies. We are human beings. Women have a lot of reasons to not want to get naked with men. If you think the problem is that we just can’t bear to see unclothed bodies of the opposite sex, you’re really missing the point.
No, I definitely see it’s deeper than that. I do think nakedness is so intertwined with sex for so many people, that it is genuinely uncomfortable to be naked in any kind of semi-public setting, especially when genders are mixed. As I said above though, I’m just wired differently, so it’s hard for me on the outside looking in to see it the way most folks do. Again, doesn’t mean I’m right, just that I’m weird, lol.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:45 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,366,137 times
Quote:
Part of the Lia Thomas debacle is the fact that Lia’s teammates were very uncomfortable changing and showering in the same locker room with Lia and were told to just deal with it when they spoke up. It is very much on topic. I think it’s crazy that these young women were forced to share a locker room with this man.
I don't know if you are relaying the information correctly or not but I will take it as is. Like I said everyone has a right to be heard. It doesn't matter if anyone else thinks that person shouldn't be uncomfortable. It's a feeling and if they are then they are. It's not cool to shame someone for a feeling as we don't have control over that.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't know if you are relaying the information correctly or not but I will take it as is. Like I said everyone has a right to be heard. It doesn't matter if anyone else thinks that person shouldn't be uncomfortable. It's a feeling and if they are then they are. It's not cool to shame someone for a feeling as we don't have control over that.
https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/teamma...er-lia-thomas/

Quote:
Multiple swimmers have raised it, multiple different times,” she said. “But we were basically told that we could not ostracize Lia by not having her in the locker room and that there’s nothing we can do about it, that we basically have to roll over and accept it, or we cannot use our own locker room.”

She added, “It’s really upsetting because Lia doesn’t seem to care how it makes anyone else feel. The 35 of us are just supposed to accept being uncomfortable in our own space and locker room for, like, the feelings of one.”

“The school was so focused on making sure Lia was okay, and doing everything they possibly could do for her, that they didn’t even think about the rest of us,” the teammate told the Daily Mail.
The problem is, women who are uncomfortable are not being heard. They are being told to put their feelings aside to accommodate the feelings of men who wish to be women.

If men want to wear makeup and dresses, I really don’t care as it is their choice and has no impact on me. When they start demanding access to female spaces, I draw the line. I will always stand with women over men who want to be women because I’m a woman and the mother of girls.

Tolerating this is a bad idea.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:33 PM

24,590 posts, read 17,327,951 times
Quote:
Really good questions. This just didn’t suddenly explode organically. Who is pushing it and why? Also why are women who are supposedly feminists so supportive of it?

I think women are just as smart if not smarter than men and they are awesome. Women continue to make strides into every aspect of our society and it is often celebrated when one breaks the glass ceiling some where SO why are women being told to sit down and shut up when it comes to a man that thinks he is a women pushes aside a real woman and breaks into a female role? This "dude" is also celebrated as if he is woman and just did something incredible. Why?

The other day there was a posting about a Trans guy winning a Beauty pageant in New Hampshire. He was easily twice the size of the other Girls and I think the only Black contestant so his winning could have been due to the "woke" judges more than his talent.. Anyways, he stood there in his gown clutching the trophy and the scholarship, surrounded by the other contestants that did their best to smile and accept what some would call a slap in the face to them and their sport.

In another angle, everyone celebrates how the Pro Women's Soccer player Megan Rapinoe was able to wrangle more pay for the ladies despite their league generating by percentage a lot less than the Men's league. The Left applauded that pink haired heroine for her bravery both on and off the field. I wonder how Rapinoe would feel if a man that was highly skilled in Soccer that was just below the cut for the Men's team decided to become a woman so he could still play and he replaced Rapinoe as team Captain?

Would he be celebrated for becoming a star? He would have to be unless the Left is a bunch of Hypocrites....?

As for Lia Thomas we all know that it is wrong for him to be directly competing against women and deep down I think he knows it too.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:35 PM

8,801 posts, read 5,101,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellestar View Post
The local bar I go to had to close down the women's restroom a few months ago due to plumbing issues - this was on the weekend and it couldn't be immediately fixed. They opened the men's restroom to all as it was the only option available. Men's room has 2 stalls + a urinal. They left the main bathroom door open (mostly to air it out, hah) but also so the staff could see if any issues came up. There was not a single issue, with the exception of one of the male bar regulars throwing a fit because he had to wait in line to use the bathroom.

My female friends and I had ZERO sense of discomfort sharing the bathroom with the other men in the bar. We were just grateful for the option. In fact, the men were the ones who were visibly uncomfortable with the situation, upon realizing there were women using the stalls in their bathroom. I personally had walked out of a stall to wash my hands, and encountered a very spooked man who seemed unsure about what to do, despite there being hand written signs everywhere explaining the situation.

This is only one small example, but everyone needs to use the restroom at times. The vast majority of people are going to do their business and GTFO - cis, trans, gay, straight, etc. Sexual assault does happen, but is the exception. This concern is certainly blown out of proportion.
So the staff left the door open, so they could see if any issues came up. So obviously, it was a concern of theirs. You and your friends were being protected by staff.....Who would try anything in that case, knowing they were being watched.
This concern is not being blown out of propotion. Would you want your young daughter, going into a bathroom with men.....I would hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies