Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 02:18 PM

984 posts, read 448,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do they spend weeks discussing it in schools?

Where is the month of PRIDE?

Which major city has a PRIDE FEST for left handed people?

Also, how do I know which bakeries and florists cater to left handed people? Do they have a sticker to put in the window to signal their support of left handed people?
You know what schools had to add to their supplies? This is really going to tick you off. Left-handed scissors. Yes, those lefties get special scissors JUST FOR THEM. The righties can't use the scissors with the green handles; they have to use the ones with the gray handles. Imagine there being something in place that makes the kids who are left-handed just as equal as the kids who are right-handed!

I hope you're sitting down, because listen to this: When I was in elementary school, we had tables that had three or four kids down each side. The left-handed students were placed on the left-hand end of whichever side of the table they sat at so their elbow wouldn't hit the kid next to them. Those kids got special seating!

If handedness were treated like sexual orientation, imagine the uproar in the schools by today's parents. "Johnny told Lisa that he writes with his left hand and now Lisa is confused. How am I supposed to explain this?? Can't you make him write with his right hand so I don't have to answer uncomfortable questions?" "My Mackenzie's favorite color is green and she has been crying for days that she can't use the green lefty scissors. I demand that you take them away from Joey and let her use them. Fair is fair!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 02:19 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,431,267 times
Quote:
I guess BET is an entire network targeted at those who can't handle the idea of white people. It's sad.

Bring that up at the next BLM meeting. That BET needs more white people storylines.

Or that the Spanish channel? Has too many programs in Spanish. It needs to be more inclusive and have Japanese language programs.

And when you go out to dinner at that Mexican restaurant, be sure to complain that gyros aren't on the menu.
You don't even make sense. Although kudos for learning how to speak in polite society. You didn't say the whites... well done.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:20 PM

984 posts, read 448,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
You don't even make sense. Although kudos for learning how to speak in polite society. You didn't say the whites... well done.
Hey, progress is progress, amirite?

Old 11-22-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Hey, progress is progress, amirite?
Amazing how a person can become more polite when referring to the group they themselves are in.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,013,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There's no lack of of heteronormative entertainment, and you of course fully well know this. But for the viewers that would be attracted to the "Great American Family" network, it is not sufficient to be solidly in the majority - they're affronted by the minority's existence even being acknowledged.
Why are the LGBTQ attacking the Hallmark Channel?

You have yet to answer that question.

Why did they attack the new channel that is specifically for a Christian audience?

You have yet to answer that question either.

This is not an issue of "lack of entertainment." It's a group that is specifically targeting other groups.

Do you demand that a Bible channel have more programming about Satanism? Do you order Chinese food at a burger joint? Screech that the NFL needs to start playing hockey?

It's telling that you refuse to answer the main issue: Why are LGBTQ targeting these channels that already have a very specific audience?

Old 11-22-2022, 02:25 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,013,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
It makes perfect sense.

Why are LGBTQ attacking Christian based programming that is created for a very specific target audience?

Do they attack the NFL for not playing basketball? No? Why? Because that's just stupid. As is LGBTQ attacking tv channels that specifically focus on a specific audience. Why the hell do they care? They aren't watching those programs. They aren't watching that channel.

But they don't want anyone else to either.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:26 PM

47,068 posts, read 26,194,922 times
Quote:
Why do minorities ask for representation? It's an absolute mystery.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:28 PM

2,438 posts, read 3,012,120 times
Quote:

You have yet to answer that question.

Why did they attack the new channel that is specifically for a Christian audience?

You have yet to answer that question either.

This is not an issue of "lack of entertainment." It's a group that is specifically targeting other groups.

Do you demand that a Bible channel have more programming about Satanism? Do you order Chinese food at a burger joint? Screech that the NFL needs to start playing hockey?

It's telling that you refuse to answer the main issue: Why are LGBTQ targeting these channels that already have a very specific audience?
Who ever said that the Hallmark Channel is for white, heterosexual, Christian Americans? I thought they were for everyone. For years they were criticized for not having black couples. Then not having LGBTQ couples. They got stuck in a rut, but I don't remember them ever saying they were just for white, heterosexual, Christian Americans. There are lots of other people out there who enjoy romances too. Why leave them out? As for Candace, her hypocrisy is really offensive to a lot of people and they let her know it.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
It makes perfect sense.

Why are LGBTQ attacking Christian based programming that is created for a very specific target audience?

Do they attack the NFL for not playing basketball? No? Why? Because that's just stupid. As is LGBTQ attacking tv channels that specifically focus on a specific audience. Why the hell do they care? They aren't watching those programs. They aren't watching that channel.

But they don't want anyone else to either.
I haven't followed the full frontal gay attack that is apparently taking place at Hallmark. I can only guess they want to appeal to a broader audience. It's all about money. Fox News itself celebrates the entire month of gay pride and has advertising on it with gay minority couples openly kissing. Is that under attack as well? Corporations try to maximize revenue, it's what the do.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:35 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,865,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There's no lack of of heteronormative entertainment, and you of course fully well know this. But for the viewers that would be attracted to the "Great American Family" network, it is not sufficient to be solidly in the majority - they're affronted by the minority's existence even being acknowledged.
Yep. They’re scared/affronted by the mere mention of any minority. Maybe Me TV that shows 1950s programming can be their safe space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies