Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I care about all families.

Why do you hate LGBTQ families so much.

There are all kinds of movies about orphans and kids who have lost parents. But that's not the issue, the issue is you don't want any LGBTQ reference in any movie anywhere.

Not going to happen.

Annie, Oliver Twist, ........
I've said repeatedly ... LGBTQ movies do well as indie films. Not mass market.

What about that statement do you not understand? Can you be specific so I can get you the help you need to understand why nobody went to see this movie as well as the Bros 'rom com' that was also released this year?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:01 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
All 114,000 households?

This idea that half of the kids in the US are being raised in gay families is crap. You've all been brainwashed.

There are more kids being raised by their grandmas than by gay couples. Where's the demand of grandma movies?

**crickets**

There is NO mass market for these types of movies. Indie? Yes. Mass market, no.
As Disney is finding out....the niche market will not bring them box office smashes.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Nobody said half of the kids. You made that up.

And yes there are all kinds of families in our society. We should make all the kids in all the families feel like their families are normal.

There is no mass market for all kinds of movies.

You missed the post that the Disney movie released is in fact second at the box office...behind Black Panther..

Sure earnings are done in general for all movies. But there is nothing to suggest audiences haven't returned to the theaters because Disney included a family that you odn't approve. of.
That was a figurative comment, not a statement of fact.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Be clear on one things kids...Disney is owning the top 2 spots in box office revenues at the theaters.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:08 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
Be clear on one things kids...Disney is owning the top 2 spots in box office revenues at the theaters.
disney will lose a fortune on strange world. that is the bottom line, moneill.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
disney will lose a fortune on strange world. that is the bottom line, moneill.
Some will never believe it.

They think the world is 100% involved in LBGTQ and it's all that matters. It's what they've been told.

I'm sure that they don't believe most people have no interest in movies like this. Because they've been told everyone does.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ne...he-box-office/
New Disney Movie Bombs at the Box Office

Old 11-27-2022, 09:24 AM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
But I thought everyone wanted to see gay storylines.

You mean it's a small niche market that doesn't play with mainstream audiences? Who knew?

Because only about 4% of the population is actually gay? And gay adults don't want to see children's movies?

There is no solid market for a movie like this.
Disney is fully aware of this.

It's not about making money anymore.

It's about putting this kind of content out there, again and again, to hurt families, to target children, and in some ways, to hurt what was always such a treasured part of American culture.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:28 AM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That’s what it comes down to, they can’t be trusted if you care what your children are viewing. There was a time when you knew a Disney movie was safe for kids-not anymore.
Not always. I've seen a few Disney movies that I thought were not children friendly at all. One that stuck out for me is a movie called "A Far Off Place". Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent movie, but very hard core in the violence and suspense for a children's movie.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Not always. I've seen a few Disney movies that I thought were not children friendly at all. One that stuck out for me is a movie called "A Far Off Place". Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent movie, but very hard core in the violence and suspense for a children's movie.
Disney movies also denigrate men and boys.

I cannot think of a Disney movie made in the last 20 years where the main character was a kind and intelligent boy portrayed as the honorable hero.

Scapegoats, idiots, butt of jokes, spoiled, etc., all those boxes have been checked. But honorable hero? Nope.

I can't even figure out who the audience for Disney is anymore. Woke girls? I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies