Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 01:32 AM

900 posts, read 375,227 times

Advertisements

Complementing my text above, Netflix bet on the Asian boys love rhetoric and reaped success.

Netflix’s ‘Heartstopper’ Is Its Highest Scoring Critic And Audience Hit In Ages
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=4db9881733b6

Old 11-28-2022, 01:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If you can't follow the conversation, maybe read it again. Or don't respond.

Very few people want to see these movies. They aren't interested. You can't force people to go watch them. Get over it.
yea, but plenty of movies fail a year, you only care about the ones with gay characters, thats weird.

Old 11-28-2022, 01:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Disney movies also denigrate men and boys.

I cannot think of a Disney movie made in the last 20 years where the main character was a kind and intelligent boy portrayed as the honorable hero.

Scapegoats, idiots, butt of jokes, spoiled, etc., all those boxes have been checked. But honorable hero? Nope.

I can't even figure out who the audience for Disney is anymore. Woke girls? I have no idea.
You know Disney owns Marvel right ???? The entire MCU of honorable male heroes is Disney films LOL

so are all those Pixar and Star Wars heroes by the way.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:01 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You know Disney owns Marvel right ???? The entire MCU of honorable male heroes is Disney films LOL

so are all those Pixar and Star Wars heroes by the way.
And they put a quick lesbian kiss at the end of one of the Star Wars movies, and they are really jerking around with the female empowerment stuff with the comic book characters (I can’t keep up with which characters are with which franchise). They are turning tradition on its head. Newsflash: Men and women coupling up are what keep the species alive. Why are we looking to deviate so far from that?

Old 11-28-2022, 07:41 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
yea, but plenty of movies fail a year, you only care about the ones with gay characters, thats weird.
Um....

This thread is about a gay movie tanking.

If you want to talk about the rest of the tanking movies, go start a 'movies with [whatever in it] that tanked' thread.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
You talked a lot of rubbish... the successful formula for lgbt stuff is currently in Asia, certainly like every American you are out of the huge and popular Asian market of gay series and movies called "Boys Love"... Netflix copied and it worked out super well with Young Royals and Heartstopper.

The rise of boys’ love drama in China
https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2021/0...rama-in-china/

The complex phenomenon of Boy Love dramas
The viral East Asian films center ***** love stories in countries that can be less than accepting of LGBTQ+ people.

https://i-d.vice.com/en/article/5dzy...oy-love-dramas

Thailand's 'boys love' dramas stealing hearts around the world
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Med...ound-the-world
So what you are saying is that none of these are mainstream.

Which was my point.

Thanks for the agreement.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:46 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,395,706 times
Quote:

Which was my point.

It seems like you are trying to push a gay film down everybody's throats. Why the need to incessantly cry about such things? The world isn't going to change back to how it was in order to accommodate bigotry.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
It seems like you are trying to push a gay film down everybody's throats. Why the need to incessantly cry about such things? The world isn't going to change back to how it was in order to accommodate bigotry.
How is it bigotry if a gay movies bomb at the box office?

Of course they are going to bomb. There isn't main stream audience for it, although they do well as indie film releases.

The above is an objective statement. Not sure why everyone is mad at facts and stats of demo groups, but whatever. Go flail at open doors, and cry that more gay movies are bombing when intentionally released to audience that will never go see them.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:50 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The movie reportedly cost the studio $135 million, and if this pace remains the same, earning around $20 million or so over the five day weekend, then the studio is going to lose A LOT of money.

This is the second time Disney has tried to sneak innocence-shattering homosexual material into a children’s movie.

America is getting tired of the unbearable wokeness of Disney, and to prove it, this movie is scoring lower than any Disney film in the last 30+ years. And since boys generally don’t care for romance stories, much less gay ones, this looks like another obvious case of “get woke, go broke.”

https://bleedingfool.com/news/why-di...bomb-in-years/

Hot on the heals of Lightyear - there seems to be a pattern emerging.

Disney can go bust and just disappear as far as I am concerned.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:52 AM

900 posts, read 375,227 times
Quote:

Which was my point.

All of them are mainstream in their home countries...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies