Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2022, 05:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
How could you possibly misunderstand this post to the point of thinking I said no female superheroes existed in the original creations and that Star Wars characters were not already “strong”?

Again with the personal attacks. I’m sexist now. Okay.
You're right, I should have read the entire post. You yourself is not sexist. The problem is, what you said at the top has been said to death by the real insecure beta males and soybois who feel inferior to women so much that they think a female superhero who has existed for years is taking the spot of some male hero. Not the ones they call those names for "accepting" it or "normalizing" it. You would not be surprised how often that uneducated sexist tripe has been said on here or about the latest Star Wars series of movies. These are the same people that complain about how women's wrestling is main eventing now.

Threads like these are rather uneducated. Strange World for whatever reason wasn't marketed, yet we are to believe it was because of some homosexual relationship? Mitchell's Vs. the Machines was successful on Amazon and the main character was in fact gay (you wouldn't exactly know it in the movie as it wasn't her base character trait.) Then again, that wasn't Disney. That said, Disney has also "*****-coded" a number of characters whether you talk Elsa (Frozen), Gogo (Big Hero 6), Raya (Raya and the Last Dragon), the two boys from Luca and I want to say a character or two in Turning Red (another movie that got conservatives on here mad.) *****-coding referring to the we aren't saying the character is gay, but we'll leave breadcrumbs for the audience to follow to think it.

The fact is white males and some Bible thumping mother's are scared to see representation of anything other than white Christians. There have been a lot of this in the past decade in regards to Disney whether it is Disney animation, Pixar animation, Disney live action, Disney parks, Marvel and Star Wars. Often times, it is by clearly ignorant people who post clearly ignorant and sexist/racist coded posts. There was a lot of that in the backlash to Turning Red. There was a lot of that in Star Wars directed at the actor behind the character Rose and even Rey who was called a Mary Sue (meanwhile nobody ever said that about Luke or Anakin Skywalker who had similar prodigy stories in their first movies.) Ms. Marvel had that for being a Muslim female. Captain Marvel had that because of the views of the actress. See what I am getting at?

Old 11-29-2022, 06:00 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
interesting. i didn't know it had homosexual themes in it.. the commercials just looked like it shows strange people, but it has THAT agenda? ick. i hope they lose money on this movie.

Old 11-29-2022, 08:27 AM

4,633 posts, read 4,903,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I know a lot of guys who quit watching the NFL with the kneeling. They just want pure sports absent any politics/controversy of any kind
Yet your friends were ok with the NFL sucking off the military... Interesting...

Sounds like you want sports absent any politics that hurt my feelings.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:54 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
oh well.

WOKE DISNEY Movie Starring First Openly Gay Teen Gets Lowest Rating In Box-Office History For Animated Film

Old 11-29-2022, 09:48 PM

I honestly don't know how linked it is directly to it being a film with an openly gay teen. As stated, the Netflix hit animated movie produced by Sony Animation Mitchells vs. The Machines had a gay lead. What I can say is for Walt Disney Company, I think that similar to the box office for both Encanto and Lightyear, they did see low box offices while Encanto became a huge hit on Disney+ while Lightyear is just there. Strange World unlike Lightyear, was NOT promoted as heavily.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Go woke go broke, and Chapek certainly had a rough go of it, hence he’s a memory there

Old 11-29-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Go woke go broke, and Chapek certainly had a rough go of it, hence he’s a memory there
Chapek ironically lost a lot of confidence by not standing firm with Disney employees who were against Don't Say Gay's passing until it was too late. Chapek was too much of a bean counter for being CEO of a company as dynamic and fan centric as Disney is or at least was before Chapek became the head of Parks, Resorts and Experiences.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Chapek ironically lost a lot of confidence by not standing firm with Disney employees who were against Don't Say Gay's passing until it was too late. Chapek was too much of a bean counter for being CEO of a company as dynamic and fan centric as Disney is or at least was before Chapek became the head of Parks, Resorts and Experiences.
He lost the company huge amounts of money. It’s all about money, hence he’s a memory there and won’t be missed.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:38 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Disney is probably never gonna be the same company we all remember. Much like a government, the internal bureaucracy formerly run as an autocracy, is now infected with the malignancy of virtue signaling.

Believing the corporation had the authority to challenge the laws of Florida, and DEMAND they rescind the Parental Rights Act.... well, stick a fork in them, they're done.

Disney is no longer that star in the sky.... they are the fallen angel.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:49 AM

4,633 posts, read 4,903,958 times
Wow, I'm embarrassed for you. That article was bad and full of misinformation that directly contradicted the headline and was directly contradicted by it's sources.

"Lowest Rating in Box-Office History For Animated Film".

discussingfilm.com gave it 3.5 out of 5
CinemaScore gave it a B.

A "B" is not the lowest rating in box-office history for an animated film. Not when Ice Age exists.
They also state it's the lowest rating for a Disney animated movie since 1989. Not box-office history, 30 years not 110 years. Not all animated films, just Disney

CinemaScore doesn't go back far at all. So Rotten Tomatoes it is. Strange World is 74%, which is pretty bad for a Disney movie.
The Fox and the Hound is 70%
The Black Cauldron, that I love, is 55%
Oliver & Company is a 54%

Disney has made a lot of bad animated movies, much worse than rated a "B"

The best Ice Age movie is a 77%. The latest is a 17%...

The non-Disney world of animated films is even worse. There are good movies out there - The Secret of Kells, Ponyo, etc - but there is a huge mountain of crap that is worse than the worst of 70s Disney garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies