Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 10:09 AM

15,844 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
You know very well that that is the go to for all this stuff.

Gay movie bombs? Reason= bigots
Black Woman king movie bombs = racists
Women sports not getting the same money? = Misogynists.

I have no interest in this movie nor taking my kid to see it, but we were first in line for Wakanda Forever.

I'm just not into the gay stuff and prefer to spend my time on other things and raise my kid along those interests. I'm not firebombing the theaters,.back off,..lol. I am just not going.

Just release the movie and stop marketing its social justice agenda to earn woke points. Because if it fails you painted yourselves into a corner where your only defense Has to be bigotry.

So many movies come and go, but since they didn't go all in on some social marketing they don't feel the need to defend themselves by accusing half the population as bigots( or Anti-Cis) . They just made a bad movie that didn't appeal to enough people.
If we really cared about the success about a movie don't ya think we could go see it or at least buy some tickets and not go just to vote with our dollars. It's not a hard problem to solve.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:25 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
I am actually surprised. Who would have through it is possible for a Disney animation that no one want to watch.

In the past, the Disney logo is good enough to draw in a big crowd. Time has change. Go woke go broke.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:26 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Disney Animation has not had a good year. The studio has followed disappointing box office for last summer’s “Toy Story” spinoff “Lightyear” with the big-screen bomb “Strange World” that is projected by analysts to cost the studio $100 million-plus as one of Disney’s biggest failures ever.

https://www.thewrap.com/strange-worl...bomb-20-years/

ouch. $100 million-plus loss gotta hurt especially after the disney box office failures of lightyear and west side story during the last 12 months.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:28 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
The gay community is now going after the children. We're going backwards folks ,back into Sodom and Gomorrah when everyone and anyone accepted gayness and practiced it. It was fully accepted . This is how gays work. They are not satisfied with regular rights as a human being .They want to permeate all of society including young children even babies .They do not have any boundaries as to who they will bring into their fold.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:32 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Disney cannot be trusted at all anymore. Most kids’ entertainment outlets can’t. It’s really disappointing. I used to love Nickelodeon shows when I was in middle school but that kind of content doesn’t exist now. These media go from baby and toddler alphabet type stuff straight to Sesame Street with two dads, teen same-sex crushes, gender confusion, and innuendo. There is no safe space for a kid to be a kid now, free from woke indoctrination. These are not little adults, they are impressionable children who are being manipulated via media.
I remember an article about a year ago. Many of the long time Disney employees were just disgusted how the trans and gay activists had taken over production of everything. There had to be a gay or trans theme.

Its just completely developmentally inappropriate.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:02 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Disney has a history of pushing the limits. Look up Fantasia.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:06 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
The alphabet group are certainly demanding we accept them for how they feel and will sue anyone who doesn't 'feel' like making them a cake, or use their pronouns.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:34 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I think the concept is just not a good one - regardless of the sexual orientation of the characters.
This simple point seems to be missed over and over and has been for decades. The creators of these films forget (or they never quite got) that in the end a good story is what folks are after, not "high concept".

Old 11-28-2022, 03:02 PM

11,403 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I am actually surprised. Who would have through it is possible for a Disney animation that no one want to watch.

In the past, the Disney logo is good enough to draw in a big crowd. Time has change. Go woke go broke.
I know a lot of guys who quit watching the NFL with the kneeling. They just want pure sports absent any politics/controversy of any kind beyond blind referees. I know enough parents who quit taking children to Disney films due to going from pure entertainment to politics and controversy. Not just the woke films but the others as well. They are just sick of it.

Entertainers are failing to understand they are losing a much larger share of the general audience by trying to grow one faction of their audience throught woke virtue signalling.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:24 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Disney needs to get new writers. Anything coming from them used to be good, really good with good storylines and plots that both kids and adults enjoyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies