Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2022, 04:16 AM

7,329 posts, read 3,514,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Even non liberals have gay family members and friends. Whom they love very much.

What does it matter whether it’s considered “normal” or not?

Whatcha gonna do about it?

There are gay teens. Always have been. And so what if someone wants to make a movie about it? They don’t need to stay in the closet anymore.
i don’t think it’s a left vs right thing, i think it’s more of a generational thing. i personally know very liberal gay men who are upwards of 50 years old who can’t wrap their heads around the transgender thing. likewise, my inlaws who have several gay cousins are very liberal but are in their 70s and although publicly accept gay lifestyle, they disapprove of it and find it strange and immoral deep inside.

many on here would call me a right wing nut job. i have absolutely no problem with gays and have many gay friends. so i guess it isnt as black and white

Old 12-01-2022, 05:16 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What does it matter whether it’s considered “normal” or not?

Whatcha gonna do about it?
Don’t watch it on the screen.

Freedom of choice.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:29 AM

14,951 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If parents don’t want their kids seeing this movie that’s fine. But you need to teach yours kids to accept everyone and not teach them your prejudices against others.
That's too broad a statement.

I taught them many things, that include prejudices against, hate, laziness, liars, phony's, bullies, schemers and those that tell me how I should behave.

What about the old standby ... stranger-danger? how about trust but verify?

Old 12-01-2022, 06:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Does Disney actually overall focus on these woke type issues to speak of? Is that really what's going on? Or is it more the case, that when they do have some deliberate representation in there (which isn't a bad thing), the ever-outraged vocal right goes out of their way to notice it and make a big deal out of that. Or like when the NHL tweets support for trans people or whatever. That should have bothered no one, since it doesn't affect anyone. You're free to ignore things...

I think there are probably very few people who were lining up to see THIS particular movie, until they decided not to see it solely because a character was gay, like if that's some kind of huge surprise, in this day and age. I would like to think most people think that's not such a big enough deal to panic over when it comes to their kids. Unless you want them to be out of touch with their own society and generation.

The movie would probably do well if it was good, or generating good buzz or, like was mentioned, if the whole streaming thing wasn't a factor. I doubt this film's doing poorly has much to do with most people having any issue with this.
I am not sure how this movie was a theatrical release or if it was going to be why there was hardly any marketing force behind it. I guarantee that most people didn't know Disney had a new animated movie coming out. Coming off the heels of Encanto, that is a grave mistake and one of many Chapek made that ultimately got him canned. Remember Iger only came back three days before the movie came out so he couldn't change course on the marketing of this.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:49 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If parents don’t want their kids seeing this movie that’s fine. But you need to teach yours kids to accept everyone and not teach them your prejudices against others.
Nope. That's the worst advice you could give a child.

Bully smacking you around at school? Just accept it. Don't be prejudiced against bullies.

Someone steals your car? Just accept it. Don't be prejudiced against thieves.

Get that feeling in the pit of your stomach as a single female walking to her car at night alone? Just accept it. Walk right by that group of people on the corner. Don't be prejudiced. You've nothing to worry about.

Guy asks you to marry him. Just accept it. Don't say no. Good grief.

Absolute idiotic advice. You'll get yourself killed, robbed or assaulted that way. Why not just tell them never to say no? Let people do whatever they want to them. No questions asked. Because ... acceptance.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:50 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
This is an animated gif. Was never in a Disney cartoon.
That’s false. But I’m not surprised by this, as you have attempted to explain away various items of depravity many times before here.

Here’s another depraved piece from Disney, this one from the 1930’s.

The mad doctor, Dr XXX …. drags off Pluto, takes him into his dungeon, chained up along side a chicken as he prepares to decapitate both, and attach Pluto’s head to the chicken’s body, as Pluto howls in fear.

Hard to imagine a darker, more demonic theme of dungeons, skeletons and animal torture.

More wholesome entertainment from the Satanists at Disney in its early days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-eVtjh-_Es

Old 12-01-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Nope. That's the worst advice you could give a child.

Bully smacking you around at school? Just accept it. Don't be prejudiced against bullies.

Someone steals your car? Just accept it. Don't be prejudiced against thieves.

Get that feeling in the pit of your stomach as a single female walking to her car at night alone? Just accept it. Walk right by that group of people on the corner. Don't be prejudiced. You've nothing to worry about.

Guy asks you to marry him. Just accept it. Don't say no. Good grief.

Absolute idiotic advice. You'll get yourself killed, robbed or assaulted that way. Why not just tell them never to say no? Let people do whatever they want to them. No questions asked. Because ... acceptance.

It’s the demonic mantra of statists as they embrace the theme of “do as thou whilst”.

This didn’t all happen overnight, but was the predicted result of decades of slow creep toward wholesale depravity, one step at a time. Each instance of debauchery was passed along with one excuse after another, while denial was the common tactic.

Whenever someone sounded the alarm, the response was always to deny, deny, deny, just as it still is right here, right now.

Yes, evil not only exists, we now appear to be surrounded by it. The good news is, they no longer seem concerned with hiding anymore, so it’s much easier to identify… we know who the enemy is now … they reveal themselves quite openly.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It’s the demonic mantra of statists as they embrace the theme of “do as thou whilst”.

This didn’t all happen overnight, but was the predicted result of decades of slow creep toward wholesale depravity, one step at a time. Each instance of debauchery was passed along with one excuse after another, while denial was the common tactic.

Whenever someone sounded the alarm, the response was always to deny, deny, deny, just as it still is right here, right now.

Yes, evil not only exists, we now appear to be surrounded by it. The good news is, they no longer seem concerned with hiding anymore, so it’s much easier to identify… we know who the enemy is now … they reveal themselves quite openly.
I've asked 4 prolific posters in another thread to define the word judge since they are adamant that no one should "judge." So I asked them to tell me what it means.

Not one has responded. Shocker, right?

People don't even know what they are talking about. They say things because they have been indoctrinated to say them. They follow because they have been indoctrinated to follow. They accept because they have been indoctrinated to accept. They continue this pattern out of misplaced pride, misplaced fear, and narcissism.

They have no idea what they are doing.

ADD: Make that 5 posters.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yes, because any differences of other people therefore must = "perversion", and "mental illness". And who and what we're attracted to, is somehow under our conscious control.

Next, they'll be trying to teach kids, that you might have a favorite color, and other people might have a favorite color, and it's okay if those are different. It's the death march of leftist brainwashing!
What a load of manure. There are two -possibilities …. you either recognize perversion when you see it, or you are under its control.

The bolded part infers that we should not judge “differences”, and the poor child molester can’t help who he is attracted too? So, let’s just not be so judgmental? Some people like the color blue, others like Green … some like having sex with adults, some like little children … personal preference, that’s all it is? This is what you are selling us here?

You know, if NEED were to be the guide, the next booming employment opportunity in this country should be in the field of psychiatry, not technology.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I've asked 4 prolific posters in another thread to define the word judge since they are adamant that no one should "judge." So I asked them to tell me what it means.

Not one has responded. Shocker, right?

People don't even know what they are talking about. They say things because they have been indoctrinated to say them. They follow because they have been indoctrinated to follow. They accept because they have been indoctrinated to accept. They continue this pattern out of misplaced pride, misplaced fear, and narcissism.

They have no idea what they are doing.

ADD: Make that 5 posters.
That’s an awfully generous view for someone so judgmental LOL. I, on the other hand, am not so generous. I believe this goes way beyond that, and falls squarely into the realm of supporting, defending and promoting abject evil, deliberately and deceptively.

The evil these people defend or attempt to deny or explain away is way too obvious to be considered misguided viewpoints. They know precisely what side they’re on, and the depravity they support, and it’s high time the rest of us realized that, and treat the matter accordingly.

This is a spiritual battle, not a conflict of differing opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies