Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2022, 05:05 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How straight are you, if you do that anyway? Maybe that should be a new protected group.

If you are solely attracted to the opposite sex, you are straight.

Old 12-10-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If you stumbled into a discussion that brought up bestiality, would thought of that creep you out? There have been discussions about gay sex in the thread. Are you still wondering about why someone thought about it, or not?

I wouldn't dwell on it!

Old 12-10-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
It seems to be a very important feature to adult films pandering to male audiences. But in real life, probably a little less often than gay males couples, and a little more often than female lesbian couples.

Agreed, but it does happen.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:03 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Uh huh.

Lots of married people don’t produce offspring, regardless of whether they engage in vaginal intercourse.

Are you saying having children is a prerequisite of marriage? That if you don’t procreate your marriage is worthless? Should all infertile heterosexual couples be ordered to dissolve their union?

Gay people don’t just adopt. With modern technology, they can have their own offspring. Not all gay couples are men.

Marriages for women over 50? For or against? After all, their procreating years are behind them.

My husbands dad adopted him after he and his mother were abandoned by his bio dad. It was therefore her second marriage, and his adoptive father is actually sterile, so there were no shared bio children from that union. Is their marriage less special? Are they appropriating marriage from fertile couples?

Since when did marriage between a man and a woman hold “unique significance”? Unique where? It’s pretty common. It’s special to the couple and their immediates, but it’s not so special that it can’t be shared with others who wish to partake.

Holding the rake by the tines will always lead to the same stupid questions.

It's not that marriage is special, thus, vaginal intercourse, thus, children.

Children are special, they only come from vaginal intercourse (making that special) and only heterosexuals engage in vaginal intercourse (making them special).

As a consequence, their union is special, thus, marriage.

How many offspring are not produced by vaginal intercourse or medical procedures designed to assist conception and pregnancy that would otherwise be the product of vaginal intercourse.

For some 200k years, human males have copulated with human females to produce the next generation.

During this 200K years, both males and females have evolved to become specialized parents - one male, one female.

With offspring that require more time with parents than any other species, by far, this specialization that exists in humans is essential to the survival of the species.

Now comes, two daddies/two mommies.

Now, instead of the parents sacrificing for the benefit of their children, the children are sacrificing for the benefit of the parents.

This then is proof that not everything you can do is something that you should do.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:07 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
These laws were for the jewish people in ancient times and haven't been in effect for centuries
Says who?

The problem with trying to make your religion's laws the laws of the land is that you have to confront that other people have their own beliefs in accordance to their faith too. So no more bacon for you.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Democrats think 1984 is a blueprint for society.

I personally couldn't care less who marries who.

But you'll never convince me that 2+2=3.

Same-sex marriage has been an issue of little importance for most people for a long time.

The weightier issue is the way it was instituted.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:37 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Children are special, they only come from vaginal intercourse (making that special) and only heterosexuals engage in vaginal intercourse (making them special).

How many offspring are not produced by vaginal intercourse or medical procedures designed to assist conception and pregnancy that would otherwise be the product of vaginal intercourse.

For some 200k years, human males have copulated with human females to produce the next generation.

During this 200K years, both males and females have evolved to become specialized parents - one male, one female.

With offspring that require more time with parents than any other species, by far, this specialization that exists in humans is essential to the survival of the species.

Now, instead of the parents sacrificing for the benefit of their children, the children are sacrificing for the benefit of the parents.

This then is proof that not everything you can do is something that you should do.
Having two parents of the same sex can love and nurture their kids just like any heterosexual couple. Kids don't care about the sex of their parents. Some are making this an issue because they are the ones who have a problem with this.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:37 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Humans are built to perceive the things in their environment as normal or not so.

Without an innate sense of normalcy and the ability to learn from experience what is or is not normal, we would spend countless hours examining all the "unique" objects that come within our view.
What is normal sex? For a long time in this country it was people of the same race together only. I know when interracial couples were depicted in the past few decades on TV there was outrage by many in this country. I know when Billy Crystal played a gay character on a TV show there was outrage for that too.

As long as they are consenting adults I don't care who does what. And any two consenting adults should have the right to get married without the government telling them they cannot.

All this interracial and gay marriage stuff seems quite troubling to you. Just ignore it.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
So should my parents start working on a dowry for me now, or it it too late? Does it matter that my partner's family's land doesn't have strategic importance to them? What should I do when he takes another wife, or if he rejects me for failing to produce a son? Do I need to move in with his parents and take care of them?

Is that what you mean by "normalcy?"

The whole concept of "marriage" as it has been seen in the last century in the US and Europe is incredibly new, and it has always been highly localized.

Can you point to a state that requires fertility testing and/or an attestation to having children in order to get married?

At this point, my friends in same-sex marriages on average have more children than my friends in heterosexual marriages.

As far as human activities go, purpose generally leads to something becoming normal.

If you say something is normal, I'll ask, what is it's purpose?

Old 12-10-2022, 08:55 PM

18,387 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:

Homosexuals have been known to have sex with the opposite sex, it isn’t unusual. Sometimes it’s a marriage when they were in a straight relationship. Sometimes it’s to conceive a baby. A family doesn’t just consist of one man one woman. We have single parents and have since time began. We also have parents the same sex. As mentioned above all that matters is the willingness to be a loving and devoted parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies