Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 01:39 PM

12,058 posts, read 6,604,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Do you all remember who is the 1 American who can save us from this? The only Congressman who has been resisting all this spending since her arrived in DC....Rand Paul.

We need to send Rand Paul into the White House with a small army of like-minded patriots to save us all...the clock is ticking.
I agree.
Rand Paul has been the only one really standing up to this nightmare of a bill.
He showed up this morning with the 4,000 page bill on a table and it’s about two feet high.

But McCarthy just came out and said he is halting support of it.

Unbelievable— McConnell is getting R senators to support it — McConnell really needs to go…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 01:54 PM

26,021 posts, read 13,015,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I agree.
He showed up this morning with the 4,000 page bill on a table and it’s about two feet high.

Unbelievable— McConnell is getting R senators to support it — McConnell really needs to go…..
I'd like to see Senator's terms get shortened from 6 years to 4. McConnnell was just re-elected, so we're stuck with him for 4 more years unless some other Senator can take his power away. I think it will take a large group of Senators...not just a small handfull.

Old 12-21-2022, 02:57 PM

43,429 posts, read 18,508,597 times
But...we're gonna get a "Michele Obama Trail" ...right up there with the Appalachian Trail.
And then don't forget about the Black People Wax Museum.

Old 12-21-2022, 03:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
I agree.

I guess you are for hard working Americans who work for the government or contractors to not have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays by worrying about when the next paycheck will come from a government shutdown. Mind you Senator Paul and Representative McCarthy get their checks either way. Talk about cake eaters.

Old 12-21-2022, 05:59 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,872,241 times
Quote:
I agree.

McConnell is a scumbag swap creature.

Most of these people deep in the trenches don't give one rip about the American people, that's not hyperbole. They can say what they want, but both parties are complicit in many ways. These people are getting rich either directly or indirectly through all of this ridiculous port barrel spending.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
McConnell is a scumbag swap creature.

Most of these people deep in the trenches don't give one rip about the American people, that's not hyperbole. They can say what they want, but both parties are complicit in many ways. These people are getting rich either directly or indirectly through all of this ridiculous port barrel spending.
See my previous criticisms of Senators Cruz and Paul about disaster relief when the disaster isn't in their states. When it is they are the first in line and all of a sudden it isn't "pork"... That they also get paid throughout the government shutdowns and not backpaid.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:37 PM

1,517 posts, read 543,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
What I don't understand is, how can a single "Republican" senator vote for this bill 2 weeks before their fellow party members take over the House?

How? What happened to party discipline?

Because they know the dysfunctional GOP congress will not be capable of governing so they decided to take care of business and spare them from the embarrassment of their certain failure.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:44 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,034,253 times
So I guess the FED and its "FED actions" dont really amount to much.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:41 AM

30,653 posts, read 19,354,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedupwiththis View Post
Did we not just spend the last 18 months raising interest rates at the fastest pace in history to fight inflation, and now we're going to print more money out of thin air which will only further raise inflation.

Does anyone else feel like politicians on both sides are no longer doing what's best for the American people and instead just lining their own pockets?
This is Dems, who still control all 3 branches of government until mid-January, giving taxpayer money to people that support them, that's all. They don't give a damn about anything but more power. This will force the FED to further increase interest rates and cause a bigger recession.

Old 12-22-2022, 03:18 AM

7,488 posts, read 3,621,510 times
they spend money like it doesn’t matter. like they know something we don’t. what could that mean? well, either our elected representatives (in name only) are dumb as rocks or know that China will usher in a takeover of America and bring their oppressive values to our door…or perhaps they know what the unidentified aerial phenomena is and know our days are numbered….but i am going with dumb as rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies