Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 09:01 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, seeing that, limiting mag size is about as effective as pissing in the wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 09:03 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Just about all the ideas ignore the real cause - and so it will not be fixed.

The cause is: More and More Americans just do not value life, their own or anyone else's. They are lacking in empathy and compassion. They are quick to anger, and slow to forgive. They have no patience for negotiation or compromise, and see no reason "hear both sides." They did not learn to fear consequences as a youngster.
I rather wonder about that, dealing with so many men who refuse to do safe sex (and hence, we have been ships that passed in the night). But, as one of them has said, "A man who cares not for his own health is not likely to care about the health of others.".

.........oh, and yes, they often refuse to negotiate, compromise, or to pay attention to my concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, seeing that, limiting mag size is about as effective as pissing in the wind.
Sometimes, it is even less than that. We were trained to switch magazines by touch with a round in the pipe, our eyes over the sights, ready to shoot while we were reloading.

Old 01-27-2023, 09:10 AM

1,213 posts, read 568,615 times
The problem is we allow the mentality ill to roam free.
All this bleeding heart crap to make them feel normal and whatever.
Ignoring warning signs, slipping thru the cracks.
At an early age I think most parents know their kid is a mental case.
They should be institutionalized and kept away from society.
Bring back asylums, lock these people up. They can still live a decent life in an institution.
If you lock them up early enough they won’t know the difference.

Old 01-27-2023, 09:13 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I rather wonder about that, dealing with so many men who refuse to do safe sex (and hence, we have been ships that passed in the night). But, as one of them has said, "A man who cares not for his own health is not likely to care about the health of others.".

.........oh, and yes, they often refuse to negotiate, compromise, or to pay attention to my concerns.

Sometimes, it is even less than that. We were trained to switch magazines by touch with a round in the pipe, our eyes over the sights, ready to shoot while we were reloading.
I wanted to show something more realistic. Sure, I could have posted a video of Jerry Miculek, he can reload a revolver faster than that guy did his AR. But that isn't reality.

Old 01-27-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I wanted to show something more realistic. Sure, I could have posted a video of Jerry Miculek, he can reload a revolver faster than that guy did his AR. But that isn't reality.
If you say so, don't know who that is. I just know what the USMC FAST https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine...Force_Regiment taught us with the M1911.....which I use this day with my H&K USP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
The problem is we allow the mentality ill to roam free.
All this bleeding heart crap to make them feel normal and whatever.
Ignoring warning signs, slipping thru the cracks.
At an early age I think most parents know their kid is a mental case.
They should be institutionalized and kept away from society.
Bring back asylums, lock these people up. They can still live a decent life in an institution.
If you lock them up early enough they won’t know the difference.
Well, the second problem is that we don't want to give our politicians the power to lock up people who aren't right in the head because......they will decide that means people who don't think the way they think people should think and then lock up anyone who doesn't think that way.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:09 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Newsom tasted absolute dictator power with Covid and found he liked it …….. a lot

Old 01-27-2023, 10:14 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
If you say so, don't know who that is. I just know what the USMC FAST https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine...Force_Regiment taught us with the M1911.....which I use this day with my H&K USP.
Okay, that is great for you. In other posts you've claimed you've been trained in hand to hand combat to kill. Obviously, many of us don't have your experience. I'm not denying anything you can do. All I posted was an average person doing a mag change. Why does everything have to be some sort of an argument ? We're on the same side.

For what it's worth, Jerry is a professional speed and competition shooter. He's been called the greatest shooter ever. One of his many records is 12 shots (one reload) out of a 6 shot revolver in 2.99 seconds, with a playing card sized grouping at 7 yards.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Okay, that is great for you. In other posts you've claimed you've been trained in hand to hand combat to kill. Obviously, many of us don't have your experience. I'm not denying anything you can do. All I posted was an average person doing a mag change. Why does everything have to be some sort of an argument ? We're on the same side.

For what it's worth, Jerry is a professional speed and competition shooter. He's been called the greatest shooter ever. One of his many records is 12 shots (one reload) out of a 6 shot revolver in 2.99 seconds, with a playing card sized grouping at 7 yards.
Not arguing just for the benefit of our studio audience at home.....over the decades, if FAST was training those in the Navy anti terrorism tactics, they, to cut to the chase, must have trained a lot of people.

Now, to take it a bit further, this, reloading while one is the pipe, can be a demonstration how those who think one way to put others at a disadvantage.

A problem I have with my Browning Hi Power is that if the magazine is not inserted, the gun, as made, cannot be fired. This was probably done as a safety feature due to people shooting themselves during gun cleaning*......and for the purpose here, I am sure some politician could insist on this to slow down reloading and shooting.

But as illustrated above, it is the absolute pits if one is in battle for it leaves one open while reloading.

I severly detest politicians who decide what the risks will be when they are not there to face those risks themselves.

*The other day, I was showing someone my USP. Drop the mag, rack the slide open, ensure it is clear (in this case, the ready round had extracted, fallen to the floor), hand to the person in question. That is the proper way to do things.....and it is what I know like instinct.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 01-27-2023 at 10:33 AM..

Old 01-27-2023, 01:02 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
How are those correlated? As far as I know both shooters have zero or very light criminal pasts. Which state would either the 66 year old man or the 72 year old man be in jail and what for? What light on crime policies lead to these shootings?
I’m only going to say this once … making it harder for law abiding citizens to attain firearms, or carry upon their persons never stops bad guys from doing it, but only prevents good guys from stopping the bad ones.

There is nothing more attractive to violent criminals than gun free zones, and unarmed victims.

Old 01-27-2023, 03:31 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
… making it harder for law abiding citizens to attain firearms, or carry upon their persons never stops bad guys from doing it, but only prevents good guys from stopping the bad ones.
That good guy who wrestled with the bad one for 90 seconds in the Monterey Park shootings didn't even have a gun.

https://time.com/6249944/monterey-pa...-brandon-tsay/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies