Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2023, 08:04 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,500,721 times

Advertisements

A few things DARPA is up to, and revealed to the public.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...ary-spy-drone/
https://www.darpa.mil/program/offens...nabled-tactics
https://fedscoop.com/darpa-drone-swa...ithin-5-years/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 08:25 PM

3,861 posts, read 1,800,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP, be more precise:

Pentagon Shot Down Object Over Alaska, U.S. Officials Say
U.S. officials said they could not immediately confirm whether the object was a balloon, but it was traveling at an altitude that made it a potential threat to civilian aircraft.
A U.S. official said the government did not know who owned or sent the object.
Officials said they could not confirm whether there was any surveillance equipment on the object that was shot down.

The New York Times reported Saturday that a classified intelligence report given to Congress last month highlighted at least two instances of a foreign power using advanced technology for aerial surveillance over American military bases, one inside the continental United States and the other overseas. The research suggested China was the foreign power, U.S. officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/10/u...wn-alaska.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/04/u...ce-report.html
I am curious about some of those unanswered questions.

1.) Did the object/ balloon have spy-ware technology?

2.) Who sent it into our country?

After what China did with their spying balloon, flying over our country last week, I hope this administration wakes up and sees China as a threat, a much bigger threat than Russia.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:28 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,530,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Head fake.

China successfully gets what they want from first complete spy balloon fly-by.

China then sends 2nd, useless balloon to America, so Biden can show he is strong on national security.

Biden shoots down useless balloon, "See, we are taking these threats seriously."

China has what they came for and Media has new event to praise POTUS.

Engineered head fake so Biden saves face after allowing the real spy balloon to finish it's mission.
No people on ground reported seeing it, so we only have the gov stating there was one that we shot dn. They probably just made it up to make joe look better.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:49 PM

61,869 posts, read 87,339,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

After what China did with their spying balloon, flying over our country last week, I hope this administration wakes up and sees China as a threat, a much bigger threat than Russia.

So far there aren't any answers published. Maybe they know more, maybe not.

The pilots did visuals, got images and said there was no sign the object had propulsion.

It was described as "cylindrical and silver-ish gray" and seemed to be floating, a U.S. official said.

Asked if was "balloon-like," the official said, "All I say is that it wasn't 'flying' with any sort of propulsion, so if that is 'balloon-like' well -- we just don't have enough at this point."

Darn.... what if this was an UFO? Not Chinese object but from the... Space?
Are the Chinese so advanced that they can produce things the US can't even categorize? Way beyond our technical knowledge?

I just hope they are working hard to locate and retrieve the remains for investigation.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:52 PM

61,869 posts, read 87,339,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Head fake.

China successfully gets what they want from first complete spy balloon fly-by.

China then sends 2nd, useless balloon to America, so Biden can show he is strong on national security.

Biden shoots down useless balloon, "See, we are taking these threats seriously.

China has what they came for and Media has new event to praise POTUS.

Engineered head fake so Biden saves face after allowing the real spy balloon to finish it's mission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
No people on ground reported seeing it, so we only have the gov stating there was one that we shot dn. They probably just made it up to make joe look better.

You can't even see an airplane flying at 40000ft.
Do you think you would be able to see an object flying twice as high?

Mr. Kirby said that the object was “much, much smaller than the spy balloon that we took down last Saturday†and that “the way it was described to me was roughly the size of a small car, as opposed to the payload that was like two or three buses.â€

Old 02-10-2023, 08:54 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,251,497 times
1000? We need small defensive drones that number in the tens of thousands. The thing I worry about is that we simply cannot afford to counter mass numbers of low-cost weapons (balloons) with mass numbers of high-cost weapons (missiles) and I've seen no indication that our military is the least bit interested in weapons systems that are inexpensive.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:18 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,799,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
. Imagine the next balloon dropping 500 drones packed with explosives and they fly into our electric grid. They are so precise they could fly one through Biden's bedroom window at the White House.
?
The windows at the white house are quite bullet proof.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:26 PM

709 posts, read 579,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is a false flag? Air force puts up in the sky so they can shoot it down and thereby make Joe look like less of a ********.
Interesting... like 'wag the dog'?

Old 02-10-2023, 10:39 PM

1,368 posts, read 490,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
No, that's silly but we have the best pronouns and Wokeism.
Don't forget flight suits for pregnant people! Can pregnant women pull Gs? Hmmm

Old 02-10-2023, 10:42 PM

1,368 posts, read 490,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

If covid didn't open their eyes what makes you think china's little balloon will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies