Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 06:45 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,238,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Boiling is just a figure of speech, syrely you heard the term used this summer, it's not meant to accurately describe the water temperature. The Carribean waters were 100 degrees, pretty close to hot tub settings of 102 degrees. Very damaging to fisheries and reefs. Many important points in the article, AMOC changing as described in the article, also the Mediterranean set a record. You need to move past the word boiling.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-...ange-rcna96292

This is an opinion piece. From what I have read - much of what is happening over the last few years has to do with the cyclical nature of the energy output of the sun. That and the shifting geomagnetic poles. Nothing we can do can change that. These natural forces are also going to have an effect on volcanoes and you can expect to see more eruptions (above and below sea level). We all better pray that the Yellowstone caldera doesn't blow - because if it does it's game over for most everyone.

This whole ESG thing is political and promoted for control and money. Those promoting it get control and your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 06:16 AM

9,868 posts, read 11,277,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Always interesting to look up the CV's of the guys on these skeptic lists. Here we have a couple of hot shot theoretical physicists. But by the time we get to the third name...

Engineer guy has ties to oil and gas industry...

Fourth dude... retired physics professor who does anti wind research

Fifth dude... Masters in geophysics.

Sixth... Judge/Lawyer/Politician in charge of energy "stuff" in NZ.

Next guy is a BS in geology who is a mining and metallurgy guy.

And so on.
You missed several hundred ^^.

Disclaimer: I signed the 'World Climate Declaration' too. I have a PhD in Advanced Basket Weaving Algorithms with a focus on Bamboo Material Science. More importantly, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

In all seriousness, there are HUNDREDS of people who simply have an opinion. Most have never studied the topic. Because that isn't their discipline (or even close).

Like:

Dick Leppky, Retired businessman and Independent Truth Seeker (I didn't make that up about this Dick.. He is listed as #67).

Darren Speirs, Independent Business Owner, Rangeland NRM Consultants

Terrence Vincent, Security Engineer, Small Business Adviser

Hans Dirk Struve, Dipl. Ing., Mechanical Engineer with 'large experience in business'

Dr. Volkmar Hierner, degree in business administration and economy, retired coach of
companies in increasing the effectiveness of their organization

Peter Locht, Senior Lecturer, Business Academy Aarhus

Simo Mykkanen, Ba Econ, small business owner, retired

Guy Barbey, Alumnus of Harvard Business School, Retired Investment Banker,
Founder and President of ‘Climate et Vérité’

Owen O’Brien, Business Founder and Entrepreneur, MBA, DBA

David Knox, IT professional, bachelors in business (Uni of South Australia) and a
Masters degree in business administration (Charles Sturt University) (But he

Hugh H. Laird, Retired Tropical Agriculture Executive

Ian Longley, Geologist, BSc (Hons) Petroleum Geologist, Fellow of the Geological
Society

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on! If you want more, just ask! lol What a F'n joke!

Old 09-04-2023, 06:26 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,413,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
This is an opinion piece. From what I have read - much of what is happening over the last few years has to do with the cyclical nature of the energy output of the sun. That and the shifting geomagnetic poles. Nothing we can do can change that. These natural forces are also going to have an effect on volcanoes and you can expect to see more eruptions (above and below sea level). We all better pray that the Yellowstone caldera doesn't blow - because if it does it's game over for most everyone.

This whole ESG thing is political and promoted for control and money. Those promoting it get control and your money.
There is no research indicating the current warming is due to some physical cycle. I doubt you could find research indicating that is due changes in the sun, shifting magnetic poles or volcanoes. But there is plenty of research on greenhouse gases.

Floods, wildfires and droughts are increasing, it's not fiction, it's fact.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 16,624,334 times
The planet is so complex. We live on a relatively thin outer crust but somehow us putting CO2 into the air is affecting the global temps. Does anyone ever stop to think just how arrogant and ridiculous that sounds?

The core of this planet is hotter than the surface of the sun. There are at least ten thousand ACTIVE undersea volcanoes that we know of. These volcanoes emit more greenhouse gasses than all human production put together.

And after all that consider we are orbiting a star and surrounded by absolute zero temperature space. Warming should be the least of our fears. My fears are an asteroid hit, a super volcano eruption, aggressive and evil aliens find us or the North Korea idiot figures out a way to get a nuke in here. That's what I worry about.

This is and has always been so stupid.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:32 AM

9,868 posts, read 11,277,601 times
Quote:
There is no research indicating the current warming is due to some physical cycle. I doubt you could find research indicating that is due changes in the sun, shifting magnetic poles or volcanoes. But there is plenty of research on greenhouse gases.

Keeping it real (and because I'm not on a 'team'), read https://eos.org/articles/tonga-erupt...-5c-of-warming

Old 09-04-2023, 06:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 16,624,334 times
Quote:

Human settlements keep expanding into arid, hot places. That is not fiction.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:36 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,238,904 times
Quote:
There is no research indicating the current warming is due to some physical cycle.

Sure there is. And we are actually in a global cooling cycle right now when looking at historical data.

That's one reason they had to change their fear narrative from "global warming" to "climate change".

Old 09-04-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You missed several hundred ^^.

Disclaimer: I signed the 'World Climate Declaration' too. I have a PhD in Advanced Basket Weaving Algorithms with a focus on Bamboo Material Science. More importantly, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

In all seriousness, there are HUNDREDS of people who simply have an opinion. Most have never studied the topic. Because that isn't their discipline (or even close).

Like:

Dick Leppky, Retired businessman and Independent Truth Seeker (I didn't make that up about this Dick.. He is listed as #67).

Darren Speirs, Independent Business Owner, Rangeland NRM Consultants

Terrence Vincent, Security Engineer, Small Business Adviser

Hans Dirk Struve, Dipl. Ing., Mechanical Engineer with 'large experience in business'

Dr. Volkmar Hierner, degree in business administration and economy, retired coach of
companies in increasing the effectiveness of their organization

Peter Locht, Senior Lecturer, Business Academy Aarhus

Simo Mykkanen, Ba Econ, small business owner, retired

Guy Barbey, Alumnus of Harvard Business School, Retired Investment Banker,
Founder and President of ‘Climate et Vérité’

Owen O’Brien, Business Founder and Entrepreneur, MBA, DBA

David Knox, IT professional, bachelors in business (Uni of South Australia) and a
Masters degree in business administration (Charles Sturt University) (But he

Hugh H. Laird, Retired Tropical Agriculture Executive

Ian Longley, Geologist, BSc (Hons) Petroleum Geologist, Fellow of the Geological
Society

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on! If you want more, just ask! lol What a F'n joke!

The book "100 authors against Einstein's theory of relativity", Einstein's response was "one author would have been enough".

But at least in that case they were experts in their field, this is some cast of characters, more isn't always better.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Sure there is. And we are actually in a global cooling cycle right now when looking at historical data.

That's one reason they had to change their fear narrative from "global warming" to "climate change".
If we are cooling then why did the temperature increase 2 degrees in the last century, why are we setting temperature records?

Old 09-04-2023, 06:38 AM
Status: "I am voting for a Felon because he cannot vote for himself" (set 1 day ago)

851 posts, read 405,851 times
We need to be able to manage our environment regardless of whether the cause is natural or man made as both can result in the same outcome. I take issue with this rush to force things that do not make sense like commercial solar and the implications it has on the environment. This green push is radicalized to the point of doing things that will cause more harm than good just to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies