Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 05:19 PM

25,863 posts, read 16,574,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Herein lies the crux of the matter. People who are not qualified to make a decision, assume others are not able to grasp how the earth holds its temperature. Simply put, the earth's temperature depends on the balance between energy entering (greenhouse gas holds in the energy) and leaving the planet's system (snow and ice reflect the energy). Just because 'PullMyFinger' (which is related to another greenhouse gas: Methane) cannot comprehend how scientists can model the impact, doesn't mean it isn't true.
Absolutely ridiculous made up science for 2nd tier scientists who would need real jobs if not for this climate change malarkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 06:03 PM

18,535 posts, read 8,356,068 times
here's the odd part....there's absolutely no proof...nada...zero....that it not all 100% natural

Old 09-04-2023, 06:52 PM

18,515 posts, read 9,196,541 times
By the time we realize how serious the climate change problem is, it will probably be too late.

Oh well, agriculture was nice while it lasted. A few hunter-gatherer tribes might survive on the perimeter of the Arctic Ocean.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:44 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You have NO IDEA if greenhouse gasses impact the climate. ZERO. The temps could be getting warmer because the sun is emitting more heat. How would we ever know? The only thing that the left is sure of is that our freedoms will be taken away in order to supposedly control the weather, and if the majority of the planet is dumb enough to fall for it, God help us.

Post 169 right above mine, nailed it.
It could be a lot of things, mostly opinions not backed by research. Overwhelming amount of research indicates the increase in greenhouse gases. People just don’t want to change no matter what. Which freedoms did you have taken away.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-04-2023 at 08:53 PM..

Old 09-04-2023, 08:41 PM

11,084 posts, read 6,024,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
By the time we realize how serious the climate change problem is, it will probably be too late.

Oh well, agriculture was nice while it lasted. A few hunter-gatherer tribes might survive on the perimeter of the Arctic Ocean.
Not only is it very difficult to prove that the current global warming is entirely anthropogenic but it is also very difficult to predict the full effects of the global warming. In the past when the CO2 level was 1000ppm, it wasn't actually much warmer. Not in the equatorial regions anyway. The global average was higher but that was because the higher latitudes were warmer. Now, if you have lived in a warmer region, you will be able to appreciate how much more pleasant warmer the higher latitudes will be.

There is no evidence that we will be realizing anything at all. And you yourself have no way of knowing what it will be like. Heck, climatologists can't even predict the weather a few days ahead with any reliability. Yesterday I was supposed to have sun with some clouds. It rained all day!

Remember the predictions that the planet would be having more frequent and more severe storms? Didn't happen. In fact, nothing has changed. The weather this year has been pretty much like it was in 1935.

Sure, the hysteria has changed but remember this?

Why the need for deceit? Simple really. It's because the predictions never materialized.

Old 09-05-2023, 01:45 AM

33,576 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
here's the odd part....there's absolutely no proof...nada...zero....that it not all 100% natural
I guess it is natural for Venus too... Venus atmosphere consists mainly of carbon dioxide, with clouds of sulfuric acid droplets The temperature on Venus is 880 degrees F.

Old 09-05-2023, 03:55 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It could be a lot of things, mostly opinions not backed by research. Overwhelming amount of research indicates the increase in greenhouse gases. People just don’t want to change no matter what. Which freedoms did you have taken away.
We haven't had any taken away... YET.

YET being the key word.

I believe it was about 6 weeks ago now that I asked what you needed from us in order to fight 'climate change' and you have yet to tell me one thing you want me to do. I wonder why that is. SCAM.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 09-05-2023 at 04:10 AM..

Old 09-05-2023, 04:26 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,132,567 times
Anybody else seen these really bad infomercials on Youtube about mothers and global warming? These two ditzy women, one is a scientists allegedly, lament about global warming being bad for children and having to inhale smoke from all the fires. Hello dingbats, those fires have been all attributed to arson on an institutional level which is now apparently to promote the idea of global warming. Where were these dopey ladies with their concern about their kids being harmed by the vaxxes or lockdowns or masks?

Old 09-05-2023, 05:29 AM

9,823 posts, read 11,218,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You have NO IDEA if greenhouse gasses impact the climate. ZERO. The temps could be getting warmer because the sun is emitting more heat. How would we ever know? The only thing that the left is sure of is that our freedoms will be taken away in order to supposedly control the weather, and if the majority of the planet is dumb enough to fall for it, God help us.

Post 169 right above mine, nailed it.
Greenhouse gases define the climate. If you cannot grasp that, you are struggling with THE most basic concept. I'll say it again: the ONLY debate is the magnitude of temperature change as it relates to greenhouse gases. Period! I understand that I am not going to convince you. That's because I've read enough of your posts to realize you are not technical. It would be like debating the topic with my barber or house cleaner. It's beyond them.

Old 09-05-2023, 05:37 AM

9,823 posts, read 11,218,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Absolutely ridiculous made up science for 2nd tier scientists who would need real jobs if not for this climate change malarkey.
Absolutely? Are you are that convinced????

Mr. PullMyFinger. Tell us about your expertise on this topic. Please share. I bet I know how you think about many topics: exclusively based on your politics. If so, are there any bells ringing in your head as to why you have to think with a political bent versus being balanced?

Let me show you how to be balanced. There is no doubt that when money is involved, people will exaggerate to get theirs. And without question, people have manipulated data to get more money. I worked on government projects in the semiconductor sector. I've observed it 1st hand. However, that was the severe minority of examples. Just as most pastors are not scammers. But certainly, some are. Now, if that's your "proof", you should reconsider how to make decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies