Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 11:28 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
I really don't give a crap about my neighbor or community.
May I ask - why don't you "give a crap"???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
Quote:
Wow! Somebody takes the time and effort to give you a thoughtful post and that is all you can say? It's no wonder that you have neighbor and community issues.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,252,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wait a minute...I'm sorry, I thought everyone already knew the evilness of that store. How can this be new for anyone? I haven't shopped there for years, it's a piece of **** & they treat their employees like ****, this is not eye-opening, at least not for me but I'm glad to see that others who worshipped at the feet of that demon are seeing it for what it really is.
I agree, I've seen Wal-Mart ruin too many small towns in this country. When they open a big box store on the outskirts of town, they force all the mom & pop stores to close b/c they can't compete. This in turn leads to more driving to get to store. I haven't walked into a Wal Mart in 5 years, and I won't ever again. That is the most evil company in the country (GE gives it a run for it's money for dealing w/ Iran).

Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,871,073 times
WalMart is not a nice operation anymore.

Here is another story you can see it is in several parts from Frontline but is very good.

frontline: is wal-mart good for america?: watch the full program online | PBS

Old 11-24-2008, 12:59 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I don't know where the heck you're coming up with your comments. I'm saying that there's nothing I could do to stop the rich from becoming rich, nor would I want to. If they work hard, more power to them. You are definitely not reading this right, unless you just want to provoke.
Wasn't trying to provoke - your statement wasn't very clear. "I can't stop the rich from getting rich" sort of implied that you have tried or would like to, that's all. Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:27 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,701,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I just watched on a channel called Movieplex, the most dispicable, shocking and deplorable way, Wal Mart Does Business...

Unbelieveable and so shocking, you'll cry.

http://www.walmartmovie.com/

I will no longer walk into a Wal Mart...ever again! And this is what American Companies are doing. Greed, just plain Greed!

They farm all their manufacturing of their products out to 3rd World countries...they pay these workers 18 cents an hour (I think as I was so shocked by all the information on this documentary, I could not retain the information and plan to watch it again) ..the workers are trained to lie, actually taken into meetings and told how to lie so when the inspectors come in, about how many hours they work, about how many days a week they work...and if they don't do what they are told, those people are beaten...or fired. Is it no wonder that now and then some of our products have been sabotaged...oh, yeah, this is Good American Foreign Policy....no wonder other countries hate us? We have become barbaric and will do anything for money, and get rich quick schemes...even at the cost of human lives????

Wal Mart, has survalence cameras outside over looking their parking lots...but no one working them...they scrolled down on the screen how many crimes were committed at the parking lots of Wal Mart...unfathomable....unbelievable...that Wal Mart Cares so little for their employees and customers. Have you ever gone into a Wal Mart Store and asked for a big bag for your items...they don't have them...to expensive?????

They showed the estates of the owners and CEO's of Wal Mart....dispicable...how they could wallow in their riches at the cost of human beings....

I will never shop in another wal mart store again....I don't care how they advertise they are doing better...remember, everytime you purchase an item at Wal Mart, you are making them rich, and allowing them to treat their manufacturers deplorable wages and conditions.

And I'm certain Wal Mart isn't the only company...I think any company in America that would farm their work out to 3rd world countries, at the cost of quality customer relations to line their pockets with money are an insult to the integrity of the United States.

It is down right Greed.

I am so angry and upset...these people should be made to move to these countries where these people are actually slaves and made to live there....period, they should be driven out of the U.S. This is not what the U.S. grew on, and it is becoming an insult to those great men, like Adams, Jefferson, Washington, Franklin...for all they fought hard for so that American's could live free from this kind of behavior.

This is appauling, disgraceful...and makes me embarrassed that I have shopped there constantly...never again!

Creme
Wal-Mart is employing this people in third world countries, they are getting pay. They should be thankful that they have a job.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:34 PM

502 posts, read 1,067,153 times
Quote:
Right...

Ya might have missed the point.

How do you feel about having a viable local economy?

Old 11-24-2008, 02:49 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,864,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First off - WalMart does not manufacture any of their products.

Next, many, if not most, of the products that WalMart carries are also carried in Target, Kohls, KMart, Ross, Dillards etc

So, if you are not going to shop in WalMart because of their products - don't shop in ANY store - for they all carry the same things
So true!!!

However, Wal-mart is a huge culprit in driving the manufactures into having their products made in 3rd world countries. They will not carry a product on their shelves that they can't get for cheap so they can sell to the American consumer for low price and still make a profit.

Course we could also be considered culprits for seeking out the lower prices. But hey when you have several mouths to feed and you live paycheck to paycheck you shop where you can afford it. Wal-mart knows this so they will supply the demand. When they are the only place in town to shop, it makes it even easier for them.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,630,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
WalMart is not a nice operation anymore.
Any more? WalMart was never a nice operation. The difference is that you've just found out.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:34 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,945,434 times
A side issue getting away from Walmart for a second. Today I filled my Gas tank with regular at $1.85 a gallon. The islands were full and cars were lined up into the street. Are we all morons for looking for a lowest price for a gallon of gas? or are we unpatrotic by not shopping at the higher price station with a sign of $3.89 a gallon regular. Walmart could have been the $1.85 gas for the sake of using a name. People will always look for the lowest price when looking to buy something. Its in our human nature. Show mw a store that continues to have the highest prices and I will show you a store with a sign "going out of business sale". Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies