Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 11:51 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
And you seem very quick to throw around insulting replies. Especially considering the very first post of mine you responded to contained absolutely nothing that directly insults you. I won't remind you of your response because I am sure you can go back and read it. Pot paging kettle. Also, if I am treated with respect I show respect. Look at the posts I responded to. I wonder why I wasn't so nice in my response. Now look at my response to a polite reply coming from txlawdawg.
It's an open forum. People respond to things that may not have directly targeted them. You were pointing out that another poster's response undermined his position by presenting an aggressive stance. I was simply stating that the tone of your responses to him was doing the same.

To go back to your reason for being upset with the police, I don't blame you for that. I would hope that you would recognize that not all officers are like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It's an open forum. People respond to things that may not have directly targeted them. You were pointing out that another poster's response undermined his position by presenting an aggressive stance. I was simply stating that the tone of your responses to him was doing the same.

To go back to your reason for being upset with the police, I don't blame you for that. I would hope that you would recognize that not all officers are like that.
I was referring to your reply to my post saying that officers are no better than anyone else. I believe you called me, and i'm paraphrasing, a stupid, useless, leech on society. And considering that he hinted at the fact, jokingly or not, he could lose his temper with me in a very bad way if we met, and the topic of this forum discussion is basically excessive police force, it validates my point. However, I still fail to see how my annoyed response to an angry post in itself is self incriminating considering the fact I was responding to an angry post to begin with. Get it? Also, I never said i feel all cops are like that. I said cops are not above everyone else. They enforce the law, they themselves are not the law...despite what some of them may wish or think.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:02 PM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,461 times
Quote:
One get off your high horse okay? You're no better than me so stop acting like it. Two the vast majority of officers I know had little less than a years worth of training before they became officers. True there are officers with associates and bachelors degrees but they are detectives, etc. Most patrol officers I know do not have associates and bachelors degrees. If you disagree provide evidence to the contrary. Thanks. Oh and for the record read what my message was responding to. I was responding to a message saying I should do whatever an officer asks no matter what it is. AN idiot with a temper is an idiot with a temper whether or not its a cop, nurse, or doc. Try not to be quite so defensive okay? Also, are you telling me that I don't have a right to the same courteous and respectful treatment that I show officers? That I have no right to be upset if I am told to shut the f**k up or am called a F*G? Really, What could have POSSIBLY offended you in my post enough for you to say you may lose control if we met, sarcasm or no. Seriously. The only thing you could have possibly taking umbrage with is the education thing. However from my experiences that is what most city patrols officers educational backgrounds are. So whats your problem? Prove me wrong if it bothers you that much.

Two. You wanna know an example of when I got an officer in trouble? Okay here yah go...my bf and I were holding hands and here is what the officer said..and i quote, "Get a room ****". That's it. No out of context bs. That is it. He saw us walking and holding hands, then calls us ****. Was I wrong to complain? I would be fired from my job for that. DO you still know "my type"?

Third. If stating my simple and noninflammatory opinion insults you so much that you hope you never meet me because of fear of what you'd do....you're kinda hurting your case don't yah think? I don't care what you think about my opinions okay? Do your job and shut the hell up. You think I get any thanks with my job? I save lives, I'm covered in blood, pus, and many other forms of noxious and dangerous substances on a daily basis. Do I get my butt kissed? Nope I don't, and thats fine by me. Also, If i see any other nurse misbehaving towards a client, I am THE FIRST to report them.
Provide proof to the contrary? Ok here we go.... why would any seasoned officer with good days off, good seniority and plenty of opportunity to go to school continuously want to promote, go through the rookie thing all over again as a detective, enter into the political side of LE, and lose sight of working side by side with his or her comrades?

Doing so would mean that you are subjected to ever changing shifts, being on call constantly. Permanently attached to a pager or cell phone thereby taking away from your family time and school time and effectively squashing any real chance you have to make a family for yourself.

Oh yeah, its a wonderful thing to do, sacrifice your family for a job right? I guess you wouldnt know, because based on your foolish banter, you are nothing but an ugly mean spirited person who has probably dated and been dumped by police officers to include detectives. Oh yeah, by virtue of the word detective they would know everything right? I've known many seasoned officers who know more than any three detectives you can show me. Some of us choose to be where we are because we value God and family more than politics and BS. Think next time you want to open your pie-hole and run off at the mouth. Just goes to show me, even bitter, poor excuse for humans like yourself are entitled to an opinion.

You want to convince yourself that what you do is an honorable vocation? Go right ahead and do that. I can personnally attest that you are not representative of the Health care profession as they have to have compassion and caring attitudes when dealing with folks, whether patients or loved ones. Your cynical and snide remarks do nothing but incite and anger and if thats what you were going for my self professed "Knower of all that is Law Enforcement" It didnt work.

Do me a favor will you? Next time administer the medication prescribed to your patients instead of ingesting it yourself ok? Reality is a rush in and of itself. Unless your hitting the Meth pipe before logging on. Either way, your an idiot.

Im sure if I saw you, I would not be able to distinguish your rear from your head as both make lots of ugly noise and smell.....really, really, bad! But you being in the health care profession, Im sure you already know that.

When I said I wouldnt sound off......well your postings deserved a reply.

Please crawl back into that hole you call intelligence and hide there like the fool that you are. If your representative of The Health Care Profession, our Health Care Profession is in grave trouble!

Shhhhhhhhsh...its ok, no need to cry. Its all fun and games till someone gets thier feelings hurt.

Welcome to the world of IGNORE

To all others, forgive me...I just couldnt resist.

Winter

Old 08-20-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
Provide proof to the contrary? Ok here we go.... why would any seasoned officer with good days off, good seniority and plenty of opportunity to go to school continuously want to promote, go through the rookie thing all over again as a detective, enter into the political side of LE, and lose sight of working side by side with his or her comrades?

Doing so would mean that you are subjected to ever changing shifts, being on call constantly. Permanently attached to a pager or cell phone thereby taking away from your family time and school time and effectively squashing any real chance you have to make a family for yourself.

Oh yeah, its a wonderful thing to do, sacrifice your family for a job right? I guess you wouldnt know, because based on your foolish banter, you are nothing but an ugly mean spirited person who has probably dated and been dumped by police officers to include detectives. Oh yeah, by virtue of the word detective they would know everything right? I've known many seasoned officers who know more than any three detectives you can show me. Some of us choose to be where we are because we value God and family more than politics and BS. Think next time you want to open your pie-hole and run off at the mouth. Just goes to show me, even bitter, poor excuse for humans like yourself are entitled to an opinion.

You want to convince yourself that what you do is an honorable vocation? Go right ahead and do that. I can personnally attest that you are not representative of the Health care profession as they have to have compassion and caring attitudes when dealing with folks, whether patients or loved ones. Your cynical and snide remarks do nothing but incite and anger and if thats what you were going for my self professed "Knower of all that is Law Enforcement" It didnt work.

Do me a favor will you? Next time administer the medication prescribed to your patients instead of ingesting it yourself ok? Reality is a rush in and of itself. Unless your hitting the Meth pipe before logging on. Either way, your an idiot.

Im sure if I saw you, I would not be able to distinguish your rear from your head as both make lots of ugly noise and smell.....really, really, bad! But you being in the health care profession, Im sure you already know that.

When I said I wouldnt sound off......well your postings deserved a reply.

Please crawl back into that hole you call intelligence and hide there like the fool that you are. If your representative of The Health Care Profession, our Health Care Profession is in grave trouble!

Shhhhhhhhsh...its ok, no need to cry. Its all fun and games till someone gets thier feelings hurt.

Welcome to the world of IGNORE

To all others, forgive me...I just couldnt resist.

Winter
That is seriously the best reply you could offer? What basically boils down to an adult version of a third grader saying " niener niener you smell"? I'm not even going to respond to the context of your post because there is none. It's a knee-jerk post without substance, calling me a stinky head...grow up.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:13 PM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,461 times
Quote:
That is seriously the best reply you could offer? What basically boils down to an adult version of a third grader saying " niener niener you smell"? I'm not even going to respond to the context of your post because there is none. It's a knee-jerk post without substance, calling me a stinky head...grow up.

Winter

Old 08-20-2008, 12:16 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,292 times
Quote:
"...had little less than a years worth of training before they became officers. True there are officers with associates and bachelors degrees but they are detectives, etc. Most patrol officers I know do not have associates and bachelors degrees..."
Couple points here to address since we are getting off track. First, the most major grief I have with what you say, is that it revolves around training and education. That is to say that if someone has had a set amount of training (there seems to be a bottom line or minimum amount of "acceptable" training/schooling to you), then they are "okay," but if they haven't received that set amount of training you think is a minimal requirement, then they aren't peanuts. I don't have a degree yet; still, I will put my knowledge about most things that aren't job-related (medical in your case) against you any day in worldly topics or events. To say that because I don't have a degree, I must be less than you strongly contradicts your statement that because Winter has a badge, he's no better than anyone. Which segue's into the second point.

He's a cop. He IS law enforcement. You are not. He can make an arrest, you can't. He can do many things to provide for the defense of his jurisdiction that you can't. So, that doesn't make him a better person (still debatable, because although I respect what you do as a nurse aide, I don't see you putting your life on the line to do it), but it sure puts him above many others, myself included, who are willing to try to make things better instead of just complain about it.

Now... without being snide.. without resorting to have to tell people your sexual orientation... just flat out, feel free to address this and tell me I'm incorrect.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I was referring to your reply to my post saying that officers are no better than anyone else. I believe you called me, and i'm paraphrasing, a stupid, useless, leech on society.
You may want to go back and read the thread. I never referred to you, or anyone else, as anything like a stupid, useless, leech on society.

Quote:
And considering that he hinted at the fact, jokingly or not, he could lose his temper with me in a very bad way if we met, and the topic of this forum discussion is basically excessive police force, it validates my point. However, I still fail to see how my annoyed response to an angry post in itself is self incriminating considering the fact I was responding to an angry post to begin with. Get it? Also, I never said i feel all cops are like that. I said cops are not above everyone else. They enforce the law, they themselves are not the law...despite what some of them may wish or think.
I agree that police are not above the law and that some seem to think otherwise.

You were saying that police respond to you rudely without justification. Prior to the the officer responding to your posts, you referred to officers as idiots and sacrastically responded to people with whom you do not agree as "genius" etc. I was not saying that the comments you got from officers were justified. I was saying that the way you were expressing your point was undermining your position, just as you were saying the same about another poster.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You may want to go back and read the thread. I never referred to you, or anyone else, as anything like a stupid, useless, leech on society.

I agree that police are not above the law and that some seem to think otherwise.

You were saying that police respond to you rudely without justification. Prior to the the officer responding to your posts, you referred to officers as idiots and sacrastically responded to people with whom you do not agree as "genius" etc. I was not saying that the comments you got from officers were justified. I was saying that the way you were expressing your point was undermining your position, just as you were saying the same about another poster.
I did not call officer idiots. I was saying an idiot with a temper. Not officers in general.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I did not call officer idiots. I was saying an idiot with a temper. Not officers in general.
I read it differently, but it's your post so okay.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Couple points here to address since we are getting off track. First, the most major grief I have with what you say, is that it revolves around training and education. That is to say that if someone has had a set amount of training (there seems to be a bottom line or minimum amount of "acceptable" training/schooling to you), then they are "okay," but if they haven't received that set amount of training you think is a minimal requirement, then they aren't peanuts. I don't have a degree yet; still, I will put my knowledge about most things that aren't job-related (medical in your case) against you any day in worldly topics or events. To say that because I don't have a degree, I must be less than you strongly contradicts your statement that because Winter has a badge, he's no better than anyone. Which segue's into the second point.

He's a cop. He IS law enforcement. You are not. He can make an arrest, you can't. He can do many things to provide for the defense of his jurisdiction that you can't. So, that doesn't make him a better person (still debatable, because although I respect what you do as a nurse aide, I don't see you putting your life on the line to do it), but it sure puts him above many others, myself included, who are willing to try to make things better instead of just complain about it.

Now... without being snide.. without resorting to have to tell people your sexual orientation... just flat out, feel free to address this and tell me I'm incorrect.
Well one you seem to be misunderstanding why I put in the reference to education. I wasn't calling all cops dumb, just establishing the fact the he didn't have to go through some awesomely hard test that proves his superiority physically, mentally, morally etc. Second, I see everyone as equal, period, regardless of their education. Point I was trying to make but apparently people got lost in the semantics. Third, if you don't think being a nurse, not a nurse aide though I once was, isn't dangerous then look into it. Nurses are one of the occupations at the top of the list for workforce hazards. I've been punched, bitten, clawed at, etc. I have to worry about contracting HIV, MRSA, etc on a daily basis. One false move, can indeed cost me my life. Remember ER nurses get to deal with all those fun drugged up crack heads, etc that visit the ER on a daily basis. Also, because he is doing his job doesn't make him a BETTER PERSON, he may be deserving of respect while on duty, but NO ONE, is better as a person than I am. Also, I fail to see why you mentioned my sexual orientation example as a specific example you do not want to see. I listed several examples of how I was insulted, unfairly, by police officers and you seemed to single that one example out as one you don't wanna see, why is that exactly? Should I not be upset because of that? I'm sure that a hispanic person doesn't appreciate being called a Sp*c, or black n-word, or a muslim a terrorist. and I didn't appreciate being called a F*G. Therefore I was a fair example to use. He is an officer, he chose his job, it doesn't entitle him to special benefits, nor does it give him license to treat others as if he has special benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies