Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:44 PM

220 posts, read 381,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76;
Yeah,I see China,Russia,India doing better in the future and America..
Falling behind.We have become too P.C. to deal with serious problems.
We let politics get in the way instead of common sense.
We are losing low-skill jobs yet letting millions of Illegals flow in..
And Illegals are fueling the population increase.
What does any of this have to do with America becoming a non-White country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb;
Put demographics aside for a moment. the biggest problem the U.S. will face in the next thirty-forty years is the insane population growth. Even if the death and birth rate remain stagnant our country is flooded with legal and illegal immigrants. According to the Census bureau we'll have about 400 million people living here by 2050. More than 50 % higher than in 1990!!! And the dipspits we have in Congress want to "Just let everyone in". We cannot sustain the numbers of people moving here. Crime will and has escalated even in rural and semi-rural areas, water shortages will be the norm, public parks + highways will be choked full of traffic with people going nowhere and getting frustrated. If you think going to the DMV sucks now just wait!
I agree, the population growth that is about to hit us will be tragic.

Unfortunately, neither the Republicans nor the Democrats could be bothered to give a damn about any of this.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:50 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Well if you would just go live over there then maybe they can be diverse!!!!
you've got a point there. i don't think the poverty stricken immigrants that the US attracts would be interested in going to a country where they would make either the same or less $. that's why you never see any from those countries emigrate there. those countries probably also enforce their immigration laws unlike the US.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 PM

146 posts, read 641,839 times
In the year 2040, most of America will have all the charms of Southcentral Los Angeles!

(I am saying this in jest but all one has to do is spend some time on the LA board and you can see what many posters think about the current state of the City)

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 08-14-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,769,167 times
OldTex it has eveything to do with it..
Lower Birthrates among whites & high birthrates from the Immigrant population.
Blacks are only predicted to increase by about 2% by 2042.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,924 times
good. i embrace diversity.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76;
OldTex it has eveything to do with it..
Lower Birthrates among whites & high birthrates from the Immigrant population.
Blacks are only predicted to increase by about 2% by 2042.
Are you implying that it is important for White Americans to hold on to their majority status?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,721,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
In the year 2040, most of America will have all the charms of Southcentral Los Angeles!
There will be so many slain humans all over my property... I will have to plow the corpses into some sort of pit.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
bbkaren and LLL98:

In the future America (provided that the country holds itself together) there will be no dominant ethnic, racial, linguistic, or cultural group like there was in the past. It will no longer be meaningful to talk about American culture or the American way of life. Such will not exist.

It is a futile exercise to hold on to the past in this country.
Good point, Tex. It's always been my belief that the America of 2042 will be the America that the people of THAT TIME are used to. It will not resemble the America of 2008, but then again the America of 2008 doesn't resemble the America of 1935, either....and would we really WANT it to?

Would I be happy in the America of (for example) 2090?....probably not....but I won't be there. And the people who ARE 'there' will never know what they're missing.

BTW, I'm married interracially, and have interracial kids and grandkids...so for me, this is mostly academic. I admit I see a 'downward spiral' in the future. I do think things will probably become rougher, tougher, harsher, and far less free. But I attribute most of that to our INSANE love affair with multiculturalism, our inability to work together, and a VERY serious decline in "American" culture, ethics, standards, and morals.

I could be wrong..there MAY be a turnaround. But the decline I see looks very real to me....and race has very little to do with it.

But, as I said, I won't be here anyway.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good point, Tex. It's always been my belief that the America of 2042 will be the America that the people of THAT TIME are used to. It will not resemble the America of 2008, but then again the America of 2008 doesn't resemble the America of 1935, either....and would we really WANT it to?

Would I be happy in the America of (for example) 2090?....probably not....but I won't be there. And the people who ARE 'there' will never know what they're missing.

BTW, I'm married interracially, and have interracial kids and grandkids...so for me, this is mostly academic. I admit I see a 'downward spiral' in the future. I do think things will probably become rougher, tougher, harsher, and far less free. But I attribute most of that to our INSANE love affair with multiculturalism, our inability to work together, and a VERY serious decline in "American" culture, ethics, standards, and morals.

I could be wrong..there MAY be a turnaround. But the decline I see looks very real to me....and race has very little to do with it.

But, as I said, I won't be here anyway.
Don't be so sure, Mac.

Maybe some multiracial researcher will come up with a full-body transplant, and you and I can go on doing triathlons well into our hundred-and-teens!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies