Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
After seeing some of the teachers out there, probably not a great idea.

If an unstable teacher decides to take out the class, or a student gets a hold of teacher's gun and takes out the class, somebody will have some explainiing to do.

You do know that the teachers will need a Texas CCW permit dont you?
People wanting to legislate or control others based on biased ignorance such as you display shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

Its a very good idea to allow people with carry permits to carry anyplace they can go. Unless you LIKE having our children get mowed down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 08:25 PM

104 posts, read 180,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
When was the last time you were deadly assaulted by a thug in high school? [only in Texas would this be allowed & only in Texas would people encourage teachers to pack heat - another of many reasons to avoid that state at all costs].

Maybe if the teachers in Texas weren't allowed to hit students they wouldn't fear for their lives [primitive & dangerous reactionaries
I teach in FL, and some kids do carry guns here. I have seen it for myself. I hope all schools allow teachers to pack weapons in the future. After all, we are on the front lines facing many immoral children whose parents efforts (or lack thereof) have failed them. I don't advocate shooting children. However, I do advocate self-defense. If someone points a gun at me, I will do everything in my power to kill them. That person is past counseling and coddling at that point.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM

194 posts, read 299,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
After seeing some of the teachers out there, probably not a great idea.
First time little Molly Ann gets shot when she lunges at a teacher w/a Bunsen burner during one of her meth binges, they'll reconsider this brilliant idea.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:07 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Being the first school system in the nation to allow teachers to carry isn't as significant as being the first school system to have one of your teachers physically overpowered by surprise by a group of male 16 y.o.s, who then use the handgun to shoot up the class, but of course that's AFTER blowing the teacher's brains out at point blank range. You know, the kinds of persons who want to play "suicide by cop." The perps might even bring their own ammo just to make things interesting. That's when the "gun logic" being invoked by the clueless Harrold school administrator will be revealed for what it is.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Wow. Quite a plan you've got there.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Figures it's in Texas [primitive & dangerous over-reactionaries

your state is doing quite well isn't it? good luck with that overpriced home you are living in. i hope you don't foreclose like 2/3 of idiots in your state.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
When was the last time you were deadly assaulted by a thug in high school? [only in Texas would this be allowed & only in Texas would people encourage teachers to pack heat - another of many reasons to avoid that state at all costs].

Maybe if the teachers in Texas weren't allowed to hit students they wouldn't fear for their lives [primitive & dangerous reactionaries
we are all so heartbroken that you will be avoiding texas. we would really love all the california liberal nonsense in texas that we can get. is there anyway i could talk you out of not coming?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Being the first school system in the nation to allow teachers to carry isn't as significant as being the first school system to have one of your teachers physically overpowered by surprise by a group of male 16 y.o.s, who then use the handgun to shoot up the class, but of course that's AFTER blowing the teacher's brains out at point blank range. You know, the kinds of persons who want to play "suicide by cop." The perps might even bring their own ammo just to make things interesting. That's when the "gun logic" being invoked by the clueless Harrold school administrator will be revealed for what it is.
that group of kids could just as easily bring their own weapons to school and kill a lot more people with them than just one stinking gun they wrestled from a teacher. come on...use common sense.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:04 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
You do know that the teachers will need a Texas CCW permit dont you?
People wanting to legislate or control others based on biased ignorance such as you display shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

Its a very good idea to allow people with carry permits to carry anyplace they can go. Unless you LIKE having our children get mowed down.
Whoopde friggin do. Don't try to pretend their are a LOT of people carrying guns with permits that have no business being near any sharp edged object, let alone a firearm.

Again I don't want to overgeneralize, but let's be real. There are some scary "educators" out there who are about the last people I would ever entrust with a weapon. Especially near my kids.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
While it is unfortunate that "we" have to come to this, I support the actions of letting teachers carry concealed weapons at schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies