Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Didn't Obama tell you guys to stop this kind of bashing? You must not have much respect for him, because you are continuing it and people are sick of hearing it and now Obama's lead has been erased. How's that workin for ya?

Did you stop to think Track might have been premature? It happens a lot, you know. Did you stop to think that maybe Sarah wasn't born again yet at that time? Did you stop to think even if she was born again, people still make mistakes? Being born again doesn't mean you never sin again. I don't know of one perfect person. I'm sure someone you know has become pregnant before getting married. Do you act like this toward them?

In this day and age, it's a non-issue. If Sarah Palin was pregnant before she got married, I think that's between her and God. She doesn't owe you an explanation as to why her son was born 8 months after her wedding.

And for you to make assumptions about why she eloped is ridiculous.
I know. Obama speaks out against these types of sleazy discussions, attacks and innuendo, while McCain's campaign is run by a disciple of Karl Rove, an evil, vile human being who should be wearing stripes instead of being some type of pundit that people actually listen to..........

Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Silly. People...regardless of their political parties will do things like this. Not saying its true, but there is really no reason to even care about this...unless you want to blanketly paint all Democrats with the same brush that you would paint Bill Clinto and John Edwards.
Well it WAS the Republicans that like to brag about "family values". Palin, for all her religious grandstanding, got pregnant outside of marriage and passed those values onto her daughter.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'm just trying to figure out why on Earth you people are focused so completely on her reproductive organs.
Aren't you the one who says women should be more responsible about getting pregnant?

If Palin wants to mess with other women's reproductive organs than she shouldn't mind anyone messing with hers.

AND the fact that she tries so hard to be of the party of "family values" makes her look like a two-faced fool.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AND the fact that she tries so hard to be of the party of "family values" makes her look like a two-faced fool.
You guys complain that she hasn't spoken yet, and then you claim she "tries so hard to be the party of family values." If she hasn't spoken, how can you say she is trying to be the party of family values? Sheesh. She said in her acceptance speech that her family is just like every other family. You are just waiting for her to say something - anything - so you can attack it. So I think she's smart to hold back for now and then come out swinging.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well it WAS the Republicans that like to brag about "family values". Palin, for all her religious grandstanding, got pregnant outside of marriage and passed those values onto her daughter.
Lies? Assumptions? It's very unflattering for Barack Obama when you continue your smear campaign. And if you haven't noticed, it's not working.

And Barack was born out of wedlock, so I'd be careful about throwing stones.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Like mother like daughter. Pregnant THEN engaged THEN......well we shall see

Old 09-10-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Like mother like daughter. Pregnant THEN engaged THEN......well we shall see
The fact that Obama has asked you to stop this means nothing?

Keept it up! Fine with me, because the more you bash, the better for McCain-Palin.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:45 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You guys complain that she hasn't spoken yet, and then you claim she "tries so hard to be the party of family values." If she hasn't spoken, how can you say she is trying to be the party of family values? Sheesh. She said in her acceptance speech that her family is just like every other family. You are just waiting for her to say something - anything - so you can attack it. So I think she's smart to hold back for now and then come out swinging.
Palins family life is not anything like mine so she doesn't speak for me. I think hunting animals from a helicopter is cowardly. I think you should have children when you're married and use birth control if you're not planning to have any. Perhaps she speaks for YOU????

Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Found on the internet:
In her acceptance speech in Dayton today, Gov. Sarah Palin announced that she and her husband are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, which means they were married on August 29, 1988.

On April 20, 1989 - less than eight months after they eloped - their first son, Track, was born.

I think I can guess the real reason why they eloped, and it wasn't to save money on an expensive wedding.

The Republican party is the party of family values??
I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:51 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Pregnancies are not the issue - but FAMILY VALUES are - no matter how much lipstick you put on the pig..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies